Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Would suck a golf ball through a garden hose.
Total bogan garbage, from its sport coverage to its 35 year old unchanged music programming.
The MMM playlist has morphed into Gold's - I heard UB40, a Billy Joel ballad and Lionel Richie in my mum's car the other day and assumed she had it on Gold but no, it was the M's.

The MMM playlist has morphed into Gold's - I heard UB40, a Billy Joel ballad and Lionel Richie in my mum's car the other day and assumed she had it on Gold but no, it was the M's.
Triple M's music has sucked since the 2010s. Peaked in the 90s and 00s. And I used to be MMM obsessed as a Teenager..

Same with Triple M Footy. The death kneel for me was when they had Judd on. I've only just started listening again and mostly for Chief. I like the Saturday rub though.

Triple M's music has sucked since the 2010s. Peaked in the 90s and 00s. And I used to be MMM obsessed as a Teenager..

Same with Triple M Footy. The death kneel for me was when they had Judd on. I've only just started listening again and mostly for Chief. I like the Saturday rub though.

Yep, early 2000's they were doing "90's and new stuff" it was ace.

Agreed, Saturday rub is still worth tuning in for.

Hi guys, I've seen a lot of people longing for full podcasts of some of the old Triple M episodes which contained the original golden team (JB, Wolf, Spud).

There are still quite a few hosted on Omny. Head to the link below for the first episode of the 2015 season. Below the player is a playlist that you can keep scrolling down on. It actually heads into 2014 but I'm not sure how much further beyond that it goes. I'm going to look to download all of the Friday and Saturday shows and host them so that people can download them in one bulk file.

This would be great

Sunday Rub was hilarious this week. Stevie J should be hungover every week.

Drink responsibly.

No Nath Brown helped a lot imo.
Sunday Rub has quickly become the best of the three over the last few years, something about it just works. Daisy and SJ have slotted in perfectly.

A bit of a shame that it's already done for the year... not really feasible but it would be great if they could've continued as a standalone show reviewing each weekend of the finals and going about their ususal carry on without being a lead up to a game.

Sunday Rub has quickly become the best of the three over the last few years, something about it just works. Daisy and SJ have slotted in perfectly.

A bit of a shame that it's already done for the year... not really feasible but it would be great if they could've continued as a standalone show reviewing each weekend of the finals and going about their ususal carry on without being a lead up to a game.
I think they get the balance of piss-taking and serious footy chat right.

It helps having people on the show who can speak well about the game though. Ross last year was excellent, and Montagna and Stevie J this year in particular are very astute. Daisy's not bad either. Stevie is perfect for MMM, he's got the cred and a nice bit of arrogance but can laugh at himself too.

Saturday is just like another Rush Hour show now, with the "let's all laugh at how dumb Fat is" schtick the main topic.

I've given up on the Friday night show, Howie/Darcy/Brown are all terrible.

Peak Spud. RIP.

I’ve been replaying a lot of these -1. Because they are funny and 2. Because there is simply nothing like it on radio today.

Some of the ribbing involved here is absolutely next level - Sam, Spud, Chief, JB even Purple all give and receive as good as they get. We will never see the likes of it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been replaying a lot of these -1. Because they are funny and 2. Because there is simply nothing like it on radio today.

Some of the ribbing involved here is absolutely next level - Sam, Spud, Chief, JB even Purple all give and receive as good as they get. We will never see the likes of it again.

I miss this stuff.

It's what listening to a radio station was for.

It's the audio equivalent of comfort food.

Had to pick my partner up during the third quarter tonight and turned on the radio to listen to the game.

Holy shit it was bad. Commentators barely keeping up with play, bottom of the barrel special comments from Brown and Dunstall and so many sponsor mentions that you'd think they were players.

It actually made me long for BT which is scary.

I wonder if Sheargold will be there next year. He came last (6th) in the ratings out of the commercial FM stations in the last survey.
I reckon he's had enough time. I don't find him funny at all, but I'm not in the target demographic for FM breakfast shows.

The show often makes a lot of sexual and toilet humour jokes. Not sure why it’s still on.

I wonder if Sheargold will be there next year. He came last (6th) in the ratings out of the commercial FM stations in the last survey.
I reckon he's had enough time. I don't find him funny at all, but I'm not in the target demographic for FM breakfast shows.
I think he’s brilliant in Fisk, but I just don’t get him on Radio on the occasions I’ve heard him

I think he’s brilliant in Fisk, but I just don’t get him on Radio on the occasions I’ve heard him

He’s a dinosaur and relies on ex and toilet humour.

It’s actually surprising he’s still on air given what he says to his female co worker Lauren on air.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not woke but he is in mainstream media and it’s not the current standard

He’s a dinosaur and relies on ex and toilet humour.

It’s actually surprising he’s still on air given what he says to his female co worker Lauren on air.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not woke but he is in mainstream media and it’s not the current standard
I don’t know what woke us to be honest, but I get what you’re saying 👍

The show often makes a lot of sexual and toilet humour jokes. Not sure why it’s still on.
Smut is the bedrock of comedy, everything polite today is just Marxist doggerel. It wasn't on commercial radio but Lawrence Mooney's piece about seeing backstage, Denise Drysdale's remarkable breasts in a bra is hilarious

The show is done, it’s the same shit every day and they rehash everything. I’m surprised it has lasted this long,

Remove this Banner Ad

Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back