Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to read in Caro’s column in The Age today (about the radio rights) that BT, Howie, Darce and the Chief are all out of contract on MMM at the end of this season.

The change in TV rights could mean more availability for anyone with seven and maybe less for those on Fox.

Interesting to read in Caro’s column in The Age today (about the radio rights) that BT, Howie, Darce and the Chief are all out of contract on MMM at the end of this season.
It's not that interesting. Radio rights are secondary to the TV rights in every regard.

Once TV sorts out regular scheduling of their commentators, those who want to do additional work will then negoatiate a radio deal afterwards. If Fox/7 haven't locked in their comms, radio has to wait.

As part of the new TV rights deal I understand that Fox Footy will have their own commentators calling every game.

Guys like Howie and Bunghole may be required to do more fox stuff and less radio.

Listened to a few rub podcasts it's actually not bad friday and saturday , something to listen to on a run.

But then I listened to some old eps on the youtube rub, the BT diaries , Spud Gary Jb Damo doing leading teams etc.

Night and day.

Listened to a few rub podcasts it's actually not bad friday and saturday , something to listen to on a run.

But then I listened to some old eps on the youtube rub, the BT diaries , Spud Gary Jb Damo doing leading teams etc.

Night and day.

Listened to the rub with Spud’s Richmond coaching resume last night. Classic

That's normal though. The contracts only run for the length of the rights.

Really going to miss Duke on Friday nights. The chemistry and camaraderie between the Friday Huddle boys is unmatched. It has been a brilliant program and probably the closest show there is to the old school Triple M stuff.

Will be interesting to see what changes there are next season, particularly if Howie and Chief have increased commitments with Fox.

Really going to miss Duke on Friday nights. The chemistry and camaraderie between the Friday Huddle boys is unmatched. It has been a brilliant program and probably the closest show there is to the old school Triple M stuff.

Will be interesting to see what changes there are next season, particularly if Howie and Chief have increased commitments with Fox.
I don't think it will change that much. My guess is Nathan Brown upgraded to PBP and Daisy Thomas slots in for expert commentary. Or Leigh Montagna for PBP and Browny stays put.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“You’ve got an interest in sports trivia? You can’t even win the quiz without cheating. In your own sport!”

God I miss those days. 😂

Previous work experience: Head of junior development at AFL Victoria

Garry: Head?! You weren’t the head!

Spud: Well you weren’t!

Remove this Banner Ad

Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back