trouble with afl.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everybody,

I am having trouble logging on to the locked sections of the infamous afl website. I can get the free video but as soon as I try to log in I get this error message instead of the video/audio:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the afl.com.au home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Is anybody else having this problem?

The ironical thing is that when I went to their "contact us" and you get choices. Click on one and then you also get an error message! The wizard has expired....

Shambles. I am frustrated, as (obviously) it's not the first time I have had trouble with site!

Mark

Try anothr browser. I use Internet Explorer for everything but afl.com.
For afl.com I have to use my ISP provided browser for the video.
Try Netscape or Opera or mine which is T-online Browser (Google might find a download) (in German).
Also noticed lately I have to wait about 2 miutes for the Login screen to load. Maybe thats your problem.

Good Luck.

Originally posted by MSB ROYS
Hi everybody,

I am having trouble logging on to the locked sections of the infamous afl website. I can get the free video but as soon as I try to log in I get this error message instead of the video/audio:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the afl.com.au home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Is anybody else having this problem?

The ironical thing is that when I went to their "contact us" and you get choices. Click on one and then you also get an error message! The wizard has expired....

Shambles. I am frustrated, as (obviously) it's not the first time I have had trouble with site!

Mark
have you subscribed to it?

Have you tried setting HTTP as your Windows Media Player default?
To set HTTP as your Windows Media Player default:
Pop-up Windows Media Player by selecting Audio or Video content from afl.com.au.
When the media player window is launched,
right click on the media player controls or the status bar immediately below the player controls. Click on Options.
Click on Advanced from the Options menu.
Highlight Streaming Media (Windows Media) and click on Change...
Deselect (or un-tick) the Multicast, UDP and TCP boxes if they have ticks, and only include a tick in the HTTP protocol box.
Click on the OK button(s)
Your Windows Media Player now has HTTP as its default protocol.

It may help

I read on Whirlpool that there has been a number of telstra.com wide authentication problems this year. A number of upgrades have supposedly been completed and it is expected that the authentication should be more reliable now.

Good luck with the endless problems with afl.com.au.

Does anyone know why they don't have an email address? No-one uses snail mail anymore and phone is a joke. Why doesn't the AFL have an email address if we want to contact them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Bombers_Forever
Good luck with the endless problems with afl.com.au.

Does anyone know why they don't have an email address? No-one uses snail mail anymore and phone is a joke. Why doesn't the AFL have an email address if we want to contact them?

Doh! Have you ever heard of the Contact Us link that appears at the bottom of every page. I believe this allows morons like you to send emails to every dept inthe AFL.

Originally posted by AFLTN
Doh! Have you ever heard of the Contact Us link that appears at the bottom of every page. I believe this allows morons like you to send emails to every dept inthe AFL.

Not that it'll do any good, I've used that Contact Us link about four times about various things, and have never gotten a response.

Just give it up pal, that site is fuc.king USELESS!!!

As I wrote in my original email, the "contact us" DOES NOT work. Try it and you get a message saying the wizard has expired.

At least we know where you work now, it is pretty obvious that you're Telstra public relations.

Anyone else tired of this rude and beligerant PUPPET of AFL.com, who goes by the alias AFLTN?

I have had a gut full of the site and of this ****er.

I think the least we could do lads, is to try between ourselves to determine what his acronymic name actually stands for.

Me, I'm pipping for

"A F.U.CKING LYING T.U.RD NUDGER"

Other thoughts?

Originally posted by Pred
Anyone else tired of this rude and beligerant PUPPET of AFL.com, who goes by the alias AFLTN?

I have had a gut full of the site and of this ****er.

I think the least we could do lads, is to try between ourselves to determine what his acronymic name actually stands for.

Me, I'm pipping for

"A F.U.CKING LYING T.U.RD NUDGER"

Other thoughts?

I think that's pretty much spot on :D

Originally posted by scmods
I am amazed that there's anyone who still bothers even trying to access that site!
same here.

Singapore, there's realfooty or Heraldsun.com.au footy site. Also you used to be able to listen to games on 3aw.com.au and abc.net but the greedy afl.com blocks it now.
you can still listen nightly to Healy et al talk about footy and Rex et al just before a game but the ignorant afl pulls the plug just before the game starts and I guess you're supposed to go over and pay for their inferior reception. I don't.
You'd spew if you knew what a great site it was before Telstra got it's hands on it.

Originally posted by NYMets
Singapore, there's realfooty or Heraldsun.com.au footy site. Also you used to be able to listen to games on 3aw.com.au and abc.net but the greedy afl.com blocks it now.
you can still listen nightly to Healy et al talk about footy and Rex et al just before a game but the ignorant afl pulls the plug just before the game starts and I guess you're supposed to go over and pay for their inferior reception. I don't.
You'd spew if you knew what a great site it was before Telstra got it's hands on it.

I know it maybe hard to believe but I know what afl.com. au was like before Telstra, of course I know you can listen to 3 AW, of course I know that realfooty and heraldsun is OK. I even read the Courier Mail and Qld Sunday Mail web sites to get Lions news...

We get no footy in Singapore because for some reason only known to our cable providers Singapore doesn't get AUS TV (most other SE asian countries do) except a 1 hour highlights package on ESPN on Sunday mornings.

I just want to use a service that I have paid for to watch the Lions game from the weekend. I posted on bigfooty to see if I could found out if others have problems (and they do). I would also like the "contact us" to work so I can ask Telstra themselves what is wrong.

Originally posted by MSB ROYS
We get no footy in Singapore because for some reason only known to our cable providers Singapore doesn't get AUS TV

I just want to use a service that I have paid for to watch the Lions game from the weekend. I posted on bigfooty to see if I could found out if others have problems (and they do). I would also like the "contact us" to work so I can ask Telstra themselves what is wrong.
Substitute Singapore for Japan and Brisbane for North and that`s my predicament. The other sites mentioned are good, but if we want to see the video of each game, we`re stuck with afl.com. Now...if they`d only be responsible for their farking product.:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

trouble with afl.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Back