Troy Broadbridge Cup/Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

NO NO NO NO

Find a place on another one of the multitude of threads on this topic that we have already! :mad:

GottaLoveAFL said:
To Honour and pay respect to the late Troy Broadbrdge, do you think there will be a Troy Broadbridge Cup or Medal? and ifso do who do you think the game will be against?

Melbourne should have their own personal award.Maybe some award at the B&F function could be named after him [i.e Most Courageous Act or Most Promising Player ].

No, it should all be kept at the intra clib level - maybe some kind of financial aid (a scholarship for lack of a better word) for a newly drafted Demon who has had to move interstate.

if there was such an inter-club award it would probably be against port, seeing as though it was where he started out sorta..

GottaLoveAFL said:
To Honour and pay respect to the late Troy Broadbrdge, do you think there will be a Troy Broadbridge Cup or Medal? and ifso do who do you think the game will be against?
I very much doubt it. AFL players die all the time (well there are a lot of retired ones out there), the only difference here is the circumstance in which he died. Tragic though it was, this is something that should really be kept to the Demons.

JUBJUB said:
Melbourne should have their own personal award.Maybe some award at the B&F function could be named after him [i.e Most Courageous Act or Most Promising Player ].
Courageous - died to save his wife... what more can be said..?

Total Package said:
Media Sensationalism. He did not die saving his wife. They both got swept away when they were together. He just got unlucky.

It was his idea to move on top of a hut (or something). Didn't work though. I agree with the media sensationalism, "AFL star's quick thinking saves wive's life.

As i said in another thread:

Would it be better to name the MFC Most Improved award the Broadbridge medal?

people are flabbering about having a single game or a meaningless BOG medal named after him - but i would see it more fitting to have an award which meant something to the club and its players (no disrespecting PA here folks!).

Seeing how broady did win this and i feel he really was that kind of player - hard working and very willing to give to the team.

That should please all the ball busting cynics out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ExTasDeeMan said:
As i said in another thread:

Would it be better to name the MFC Most Improved award the Broadbridge medal?

people are flabbering about having a single game or a meaningless BOG medal named after him - but i would see it more fitting to have an award which meant something to the club and its players (no disrespecting PA here folks!).

Seeing how broady did win this and i feel he really was that kind of player - hard working and very willing to give to the team.

That should please all the ball busting cynics out there.

Funny thing was I mentioned this on the Melbourne Board and got told to go away :rolleyes:

PerthCrow said:
Funny thing was I mentioned this on the Melbourne Board and got told to go away :rolleyes:

i guess fellow dee's fans have ways of coping.. i would rather see Broady celebrated within the team. If celebrated in the whole league by a melb port game with a medal at the end, people would forget and mock.. By being part of Melbourne history, he would be cherished forever within the club.

smasher said:
I think that is something the Melbourne Football Club in conjunction with his family should decide.

I agree. For what it's worth, why does there have to be something associated with someone by name as if everyone shouold feel the same even if they didn't know the person but follow the game.

No disrespect but I didn't know the bloke, don't follow Melbourne or whoever he was associated with and somehow it is supposed to mean something big.

Just saying what others are thinking I hope.

JUBJUB said:

But how would that get Eddie/Collingwood exposure?

JUBJUB said:

i think that is a great idea... after what troy went through to make a name for himself and get himself into the line-up, i think melbourne should dedicate an award like that to a player in his name.

also maybe have a medal or cup, as previously suggested between melb and p.a (didnt his dad play for them)... recognise him throughout both the afl and melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Troy Broadbridge Cup/Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back