TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

You claimed that the coverage would be “televised replays from each round”. So are you saying that there won’t be any live FA Cup matches on Optus?

What?

I'm completely lost.

I was saying Optus will have the same package Paramount+ had, which means all games from the First Round onwards live, plus all televised replays, meaning that not every single game will be available.

What did you think I said/meant?

I'm completely lost.

I was saying Optus will have the same package Paramount+ had, which means all games from the First Round onwards live, plus all televised replays, meaning that not every single game will be available.

What did you think I said/meant?

That’s okay. I read your original post to mean only replays would be shown because you didn’t have the word “live” in it. I didn’t watch much of the FA Cup last season on Paramount+, so I didn’t know what the coverage was like in the first few rounds of it.

That’s okay. I read your original post to mean only replays would be shown because you didn’t have the word “live” in it. I didn’t watch much of the FA Cup last season on Paramount+, so I didn’t know what the coverage was like in the first few rounds of it.

Replay as in if the first game is a draw they have a replay mid-week.. not a replay of the live game.

Aren't they getting rid of replays anyway

Had a look and yeah, replays have been scrapped from the coming season. Apparently it’s a six-year agreement, but I reckon it will become a permanent feature of the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

beIN Sports have got back the rights to LaLiga for 2024-25 plus LaLiga 2 added. They still have Serie A, EFL and Bundesliga.

Optus paid for the FA Cup and cannot afford to retain LaLiga rights for 24/25
How big is their EFL package now?

beIN Sports have got back the rights to LaLiga for 2024-25 plus LaLiga 2 added. They still have Serie A, EFL and Bundesliga.

Optus paid for the FA Cup and cannot afford to retain LaLiga rights for 24/25

1 step forward 2 steps backwards by Optus. La Liga is more appealing than the FA Cup.

1 step forward 2 steps backwards by Optus. La Liga is more appealing than the FA Cup.

In what way is La Liga more appealing in this country than the FA Cup?

In what way is La Liga more appealing in this country than the FA Cup?

In most ways? Most of the Fa Cup is pretty gash these days. Save for semis / final.

You've got Madrid derbies & classico, that's already miles better than any FA Cup tie even in this country.

In most ways? Most of the Fa Cup is pretty gash these days. Save for semis / final.

You've got Madrid derbies & classico, that's already miles better than any FA Cup tie even in this country.

I think you are overestimating just how many people watch La Liga. If the viewer numbers were there Optus would have kept it rather than spend the money on the FA Cup.

I think you are overestimating just how many people watch La Liga. If the viewer numbers were there Optus would have kept it rather than spend the money on the FA Cup.

Paramount didn't bother renewing the FA Cup. Interest in it has dropped off. It seems getting the FA Cup was a response to losing out on Ka Liiga rights.

El classico is bigger than any FA Cup game, easily.

Paramount didn't bother renewing the FA Cup. Interest in it has dropped off. It seems getting the FA Cup was a response to losing out on Ka Liiga rights.

El classico is bigger than any FA Cup game, easily.

The issue with Paramount is that unless people are also A-League fans there isn't much reason to have it.

Of course El Classico is bigger than any FA Cup game but it doesn't mean people care that much about La Liga.

Remove this Banner Ad

TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back