TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

In most ways? Most of the Fa Cup is pretty gash these days. Save for semis / final.

You've got Madrid derbies & classico, that's already miles better than any FA Cup tie even in this country.
Think you've completely misread the interest here.

Aussies in general support English clubs far more than Spanish clubs. They'll tune in to see their side play in the FA cup, they won't tune in to see two random Spanish sides each week.

Optus have the viewing metrics, I'd be willing to bet La Liga was completely irrelevant to them outside of a few games...

Think you've completely misread the interest here.

Aussies in general support English clubs far more than Spanish clubs. They'll tune in to see their side play in the FA cup, they won't tune in to see two random Spanish sides each week.

Optus have the viewing metrics, I'd be willing to bet La Liga was completely irrelevant to them outside of a few games...

The average punter doesn't care about the FA Cup until the semi/final.

Paramount not being interested is telling.

The average punter doesn't care about the FA Cup until the semi/final.

Paramount not being interested is telling.
Because it wasn't convenient to watch. If it's now on the same subscription service they're already paying to watch the PL on, they'll watch the FA Cup games.

Businesses don't make these decisions on a whim. The money will have made sense for Optus to pull the trigger on this one.

Because it wasn't convenient to watch. If it's now on the same subscription service they're already paying to watch the PL on, they'll watch the FA Cup games.

Businesses don't make these decisions on a whim. The money will have made sense for Optus to pull the trigger on this one.

Let's be honest, FA cup rights would be sfa anyway. Considering they lost out on La Liga it was an easy decision to make.

Does this mean that there's no more 10 play FA cup fixtures now?

Let's be honest, FA cup rights would be sfa anyway. Considering they lost out on La Liga it was an easy decision to make.

That's what I meant when I said "the money will have made sense" to Optus. They'll get comparable viewing figures (if not more - I lean to there being more) for what you'd expect will be a smaller cost.

I'd assume not.

The same argument can be made for Champions League. We are more outliers than the norm. Personally, I doubt I watched 1 full La Liga game whilst on the Optus Network, but I’ll casually watch any EPL match, and watch every LFC match live regardless of time or competition. I’ll casually watch bigger UCL games, but ignore UEL or lower etc… sometimes we just need to acknowledge that in a world of analytics, they know what’s worth the $$$

It’s no different to Netflix or Stan or Prime signing and dropping shows from their catalogues…

The same argument can be made for Champions League. We are more outliers than the norm. Personally, I doubt I watched 1 full La Liga game whilst on the Optus Network, but I’ll casually watch any EPL match, and watch every LFC match live regardless of time or competition. I’ll casually watch bigger UCL games, but ignore UEL or lower etc… sometimes we just need to acknowledge that in a world of analytics, the know what’s worth the $$$

It’s no different to Netflix or Stan or Prime signing and dropping shows from their catalogues…

I watched classicos on Optus Sport and sometimes when any of the big clubs were playing. All in all maybe 10 matches in a whole season.

FA Cup I think all that I watched was the Utd-Liverpool game and that's it. Didn't bother with the semi or final.

Why would there be? They don't have the rights..

Looks like BeIN Sports has a new video player.

I hope they've ramped up their service, I had a few shockers with them last season. With the step up in EFL games on Bein it's going to be much better value this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway to get extended highlights for Tillies games through 9 now app (not Stan)?

9 now app seems a mess, hard to find anything. I'm not going to bother with Stan this season just for European games, can't be justified.

How long do you want extended highlights to be? 9Now had the 6-5 highlights and it was 20 minutes.

Really? The morning after the game I went to 9now and it was one of the first links on the front page.

We had junior girls coaching meeting last night at my club, tried to find it to put on through Chromecast on the projector and it was a nightmare to find.

We had junior girls coaching meeting last night at my club, tried to find it to put on through Chromecast on the projector and it was a nightmare to find.

Understandable when it's a few days later.

Remove this Banner Ad

TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back