Current TV star Michael Mosley's found deceased on the small Greek Island of Symi

Remove this Banner Ad

The mayor seems to be front and centre in this whole bizarre event
Not at all bizarre.
Mayors in Europe function as true leaders of their communities being across all info and with real and deep connections to their communities.

You'd think as a wealthy health fanatic that he would most likely have been wearing the latest smart watch with health and fitness tracking features turned on.
As I thought before, looks like he left the trail went overland thinking it was possible, rather than turning around and going back.
That he set off without phone and not borrowed his wife's phone or another, signals to me that possibly 'luxury' to him was to disconnect from the world and have peace and a true holiday.

Is this leaning toward misadventure or foul play?

Seems to me he went for a walk and carked it in a cave.

Symptoms of heat stroke: Throbbing headache, confusion, nausea, dizziness, body temperature above 103°F, hot, red, dry or damp skin, rapid and strong pulse, fainting, loss of consciousness

As a medical practitioner he was probably acutely aware of the physiological changes bought on by heat stress in a hot environment (40 C plus) without shade or even the cooler air provided by foliage and chose to move towards what he could see as shade or even closer to water to cool his body core down.

If he has a degree of confusion, he may not make the correct decision or even choose the best path.

He may have had water with him, but his body may have vomitted his sips of water.

He starts walking down, loses his footing because of dizziness or even loses consciousness and rolls down the hill and stones or rock he knocks follow him down to partially cover him

Symptoms of heat stroke: Throbbing headache, confusion, nausea, dizziness, body temperature above 103°F, hot, red, dry or damp skin, rapid and strong pulse, fainting, loss of consciousness

As a medical practitioner he was probably acutely aware of the physiological changes bought on by heat stress in a hot environment (40 C plus) without shade or even the cooler air provided by foliage and chose to move towards what he could see as shade or even closer to water to cool his body core down.

If he has a degree of confusion, he may not make the correct decision or even choose the best path.

He may have had water with him, but his body may have vomitted his sips of water.

He starts walking down, loses his footing because of dizziness or even loses consciousness and rolls down the hill and stones or rock he knocks follow him down to partially cover him
Looking at the map he must have turned right instead of left after leaving Pedi. The heat, plus dehydration, plus a bit of panic when he realised he couldn't see the resort, maybe led to confusion and disorientation. Maybe he tried to climb the hill to see if he could locate the right path and slipped. However it happened, at least he's been found.

1. No foul play evidence yet.
2. No saved involved.

I suspect we'll find that the reports of there being rocks on him when found, is a misreporting/translation issue that meant to convey that he was found around a lot of rocks, or on rocky ground.

'His backpack was found approximately six metres uphill from his body'

'...
The much-loved health guru carried a small bottle of water with him as he managed to climb a steep slope in searing 37C heat from Pedi to the top of the hill overlooking the Agia Marina on the Greek island of Symi.

The doctor was then captured in recently discovered CCTV by a beach restaurant stumbling around for a few minutes before the 67-year-old gingerly picked his way down a slope close to a perimeter fence before then falling out of view.

It is then thought he carried on around the fence before he fell to where his body was found face up just a mere 260ft from a holiday resort.

Another staff member said: 'How we missed him is a mystery. He was in distress suffering from exhaustion but nobody saw him. This is heartbreaking.'

Restaurant CCTV footage shows a customer who could have potentially heard a cry for help walking close to where Dr Mosley lay.
Police sources ruled out foul play but said it was not possible at this stage to determine how he died. A spokesman for the coroner said: 'It looks like it was a fall but we need to establish whether he had a medical episode before that and it will take time.'
...'

1718003895612.png

A body with a few rocks on top of it?
hmm

'The mayor of Symi said the body was found just 10 metres from the beach, next to a plot fence, “which is why it had not been found for so many days”.

“200 people are on this beach every day, and many boats come and go every day,” the mayor told Greek outlet SKAI.'

'The mayor said the body appeared to have fallen down a steep slope, stopping against a fence and lying face-up with a few rocks on top of it.'
Steep slope, likely to loosen a few rocks as he tumbled down you’d think. Potentially a few landed on him.

Edit, as you’ve noted.

He’s had a brain explosion, taking the longest possible route through the dessert in 37 deg heat and not taking his phone. This was after he told his wife and friends that he wasn’t feeling well and decided to walk home from the beach. I guess the only positive was that he did have a small umbrella and a hat on. In the end he got really unlucky and probably had a medical episode just 50m from the resort gate. Had he lay down 10m before the fence someone from the resort may have seen him bit he was hidden behind a short wall and couldn’t be seen.
It is really strange that they didn’t find him a couple of days earlier with helicopters constantly circling.

Last edited:
The Mayor of Symi has been a clown the past 5 days. First he says that “It’s impossible to get lost in Symi”. Not true. Then he claims to have been the person who spotted the deceased via camera on a boat. False again, but trying to get recognition. Then he says the deceased “had fallen 10m off a Cliff and landed 10 metres from the water”. False again. There were several other statements made by the Town Mayor in relation to the search that were completely false. What a character Eleftherios Papakaloudoukas.

It's now looking like there was no fall involved in Dr Mosely's death.
Evidence of a fall injury would have shown up in the initial autopsy.

'a police commander in Symi, Dimos Kotsidaras, said it is believed ‘the cause of death was heat exhaustion after walking from St Nikolos to Agia Marina in high temperatures’.

Initially it was assumed he slipped and struck his head after succumbing to the heat during a two-hour hike over mountains.

But police sources said that analysis of film shows he although he appeared disoriented, he did not fall, walking backwards and forwards along the resort’s high perimeter fence for almost five minutes.
When he was found on Saturday he was lying peacefully on his back with his legs elevated. Police believe he was following medical advice to avoid fainting.
...'

It's now looking like there was no fall involved in Dr Mosely's death.
Evidence of a fall injury would have shown up in the initial autopsy.

'a police commander in Symi, Dimos Kotsidaras, said it is believed ‘the cause of death was heat exhaustion after walking from St Nikolos to Agia Marina in high temperatures’.

Initially it was assumed he slipped and struck his head after succumbing to the heat during a two-hour hike over mountains.

But police sources said that analysis of film shows he although he appeared disoriented, he did not fall, walking backwards and forwards along the resort’s high perimeter fence for almost five minutes.
When he was found on Saturday he was lying peacefully on his back with his legs elevated. Police believe he was following medical advice to avoid fainting.
...'

It’s very sad, and it seems a series of unfortunate events that ultimately lead to his death.

Reportedly forgot his phone, missed the bus for some reason and then took a wrong turn.

Perhaps if he had his phone or it had been a few degrees cooler this entire tragedy would have been avoided.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly.. what a dumb ass way to die, going for a trek by yourself on a 40+ degree day getting lost and succumbing to heat exhaustion.. not his finest day.

It doesn't look all that far, Saint Nicholas beach to Pedi is only ~ 1.1km, all the way from Saint Nicholas to Agia Marina is still only ~ 3.8km.

I've done further in hotter, but I'm also not almost 70 years old. Sad and easily avoidable, but the island is tiny and is quite possibly a walk he's done many times before.

It doesn't look all that far, Saint Nicholas beach to Pedi is only ~ 1.1km, all the way from Saint Nicholas to Agia Marina is still only ~ 3.8km.

I've done further in hotter, but I'm also not almost 70 years old. Sad and easily avoidable, but the island is tiny and is quite possibly a walk he's done many times before.

Short distance yes but looks like a bit of incline in the walk and being almost 70 on a pretty hot day isn't wise.

Short distance yes but looks like a bit of incline in the walk and being almost 70 on a pretty hot day isn't wise.

Have to admit I do find it pretty bizarre a doctor who was known as a health guru of all people would make such a series of choices like he did. He must have been disorientated from pretty early on in the trek.

37c for English people is 45c for us.

The Mayor of Symi has been a clown the past 5 days. First he says that “It’s impossible to get lost in Symi”. Not true. Then he claims to have been the person who spotted the deceased via camera on a boat. False again, but trying to get recognition. Then he says the deceased “had fallen 10m off a Cliff and landed 10 metres from the water”. False again. There were several other statements made by the Town Mayor in relation to the search that were completely false. What a character Eleftherios Papakaloudoukas.
They need a new mayor this bloke sounds like an absoloutute idiot

They arrived on the island on Tuesday and went missing on Wednesday. Unless they had holidayed there before, it wouldn’t have been familiar.

111111112233.PNG

Be interesting if the CCTV footage ever makes it out of him apparently "walking around disorientatedly" just before the fall, would put a lot of speculation to bed.

Last edited:
View attachment 2017291

Be interesting if the CCTV footage ever makes it out of him apparently "walking around disorientatedly" just before the fall, would put a lot of speculation to bed.
The CCTV footage they are referring to is at the Agios Marina where he made his last steps down the rocky slope. Apparently it’s pretty grainy but nonetheless it won’t be hard to work out it’s Mosely coming down the slope and likely disoriented. Apparently it even shows him falling to the ground. I don’t think there is a whole lot of speculation now. It’s pretty clear he suffered some kind of a medical episode likely from heat exhaustion and probably fainted. Something like that anyway. Just if someone at the resort had seen him stumbling..

As suspected, media reports are now that Mosely was lying (on his back) on a rock, and not as per an earlier rogue media report that the rocks were lying on top of him.

'Coroner indicates Mosley died of natural causes 90 seconds from safety

By DAVID BROWN
THE TIMES
6:39AM JUNE 12, 2024

He was found on Sunday lying on his back on a rock, with both legs bent and slightly raised and his left hand across his chest.

A police source said the coroner’s initial investigation found he had died of natural causes.

“The way the body was positioned suggests that first he sat down and then he died,” the source said. “There is no indication that he was hit by something in the head, for example, or that he collapsed while walking.”

The time of death was recorded as 4pm, shortly after Mosley appeared to stumble and then disappear from the security camera footage of the fence the resort.

The initial post-mortem examination was completed on Monday morning but Coroner Despina Nathenam was unable to establish the exact cause of death because of the delay in finding the body while temperatures reached over 40C.

The position of the body indicated Mosley was feeling unwell and raised his legs to aid recovery.

Symi police commander Dimos Kotsidaras suggested the cause of death was heat exhaustion from walking from St Nicholas to Agia Marina in high temperatures.
CCTV shows him walking backwards and forwards for about five minutes along an outer fence in an apparent attempt to find a gate. He had been following a series of red and blue paint blobs on rocks that marked the footpath through the mountains from the village of Pedi.

When he found the gate, he was less than two minutes from the Aegean sea. However, he dropped his rucksack and left the marked path to walk over a series of larger, more treacherous rocks to reach the resort’s inner perimeter fence.

The security footage appears to show him stumble and fall. Any cries could have been drowned out by the resort’s generator, music and the conversations of tourists dining fewer than 50m away.
...'

Reminds me of how my best friend died. He was only 22 but very unfit and a heavy drug user/drinker and definitely not an outdoorsman. Was lost (in life), took a drive during the summer, parked, went for a walk in some mangroves, apparently became disoriented and dehydrated. Stripped off and died about 200-250m from the highway and his car. Always take water, always wear a hat, always take your phone.

Last edited:
Reminds me of how my best friend died. He was only 22 but very unfit and a heavy drug user,/drinker and definitely not an outdoorsman. Was lost (in life), took a drive during the summer, parked, went for a walk in some mangroves, apparently became disoriented and dehydrated. Stripped off and died about 200-250m from the highway and his car. Always take water, always wear a hat, always take your phone.
Not intentional? :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back