Twenty20 Big Bash Round 2: Victoria v New South Wales @ Melbourne (Sat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game. Bravo to the Vics, what impressed me most was the crowd. Massive turnout, and very boistrous. Wish I had gone down for a look!

Sure Mark Waugh was barracking in the box, but so was Damien Fleming... so no issues with the commentary. I actually quite the like the banter that goes on between the 2 :cool:

I think they do it on purpose to give the game some spite and feeling which is all good.

Flemo was just having fun by throwing it all back at Waugh rather than simply being biased

I did love Mark Waughs commentary though, when Henriques mis hit one he claimed it had to be the pitch and therefore 160 was a par score and NSW were headed for a very good score. Then Dwayne Smiths catch ended any hope Victoria had, then he said the same for Steve Smiths catch, why wasnt he doing the wrap up? :D

I must bring up one point he made, he claimed NSW were far and away the best fielding team in the comp, sure they take some freakish catches but they gave away atleast 20 runs with their ground fielding

But what a great win, Victoria have probably finally got their batting lineup pretty right now, Wade at the top of the order is a great idea, he is always going to play so if he hits runs its a bonus, if not it doesnt matter, huge batting depth with Maxwell and Hastings at 8 and 9 as well

Only worry is if Bravo is too low when Taylor returns as he will be down to 7

That is what domestic cricket is all about. A heartstopping clash between 2 of cricket's oldest rivals, with an animated crowd & some very good tongue-in-cheek commentary from the Fox Sports commentary team.

It is so pleasing to see some interest coming back into domestic cricket. The state v state rivalry was what used to define cricket in Australia.

I must say, whoever made the decision to choose Bravo as an import certainly is in line for a royal boofing from the rest of the squad atm. I would think inherently Bravo was batting lower to play Wades former "role" as being one who could absolutely tonk it to all parts, Ronnie was most likely brought up because partnerships are still very much a staple of T20 and he is apt at knocking it around to rotate the strike and can also hit out if need be, so with flurries of wickets (White & Hodge went rather quickly) some stabilisation was needed.

Simple equation though, no Bob and the batsmen stand up I think. Make it happen more often selectors. :p

I must say, whoever made the decision to choose Bravo as an import certainly is in line for a royal boofing from the rest of the squad atm. I would think inherently Bravo was batting lower to play Wades former "role" as being one who could absolutely tonk it to all parts, Ronnie was most likely brought up because partnerships are still very much a staple of T20 and he is apt at knocking it around to rotate the strike and can also hit out if need be, so with flurries of wickets (White & Hodge went rather quickly) some stabilisation was needed.

Simple equation though, no Bob and the batsmen stand up I think. Make it happen more often selectors. :p
It was a sensible decision, no need to have 2 big hitters out there together at the stage Macca came in, plus if they did get in trouble then they could have McDonald throw the bat and if he hits some a bonus, if he gets out so what

just got home from the game, was heart stopping and thank christ for Bravo.

was the blow up sex toy in the crowd shown on tv at all? It was getting the biggest cheers of the night until Dwayne started smashing it

Amazing game and great to see club level cricket pulling these crowds consistently for this format. I have thought for some time how cricket is built backwards with international fixtures dominating the sport and anything else being a shadow. Most sports have club level as the cake and international the icing.

Can those northerners count to 4? Hazlewood only bowled 3 overs.

That pie-chucker Bird should never wear a Blues shirt again. Buggered if I know why he was picked.

I'd sooner prevent Moises from being captain again. Bird goes for more runs than most of our bowlers. He also has a great strike/rate in T20's (10 balls per wicket in 10 matches before tonight. Not sure if the stats have been updated but it'd still be below 11) and is clearly a expensive but big wicket taker.

So the smart captain will say "I'll bring you on when I need wickets. And keep you away when I'm trying to keep runs down". Moises did the opposite thing tonight. Shocking captaincy and it cost us the game more than Bird himself did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a sensible decision, no need to have 2 big hitters out there together at the stage Macca came in, plus if they did get in trouble then they could have McDonald throw the bat and if he hits some a bonus, if he gets out so what

Indeed, that was the point I was trying to make in that it was a balance decision to send him in instead of Bravo at the time since Huss was going mad guns. I was just astounded that they actually dropped Bob, because I mean that's what most people wanted and usually selectors do the opposite.:p

DWAYNE ****ING BRAVO!!!

What a legend. Those 2 sixes he hit were huge! Dave Hussey also played brilliantly.

Dwayne and Steve Smith's catches were crazy, Steve's probably better just. I'll say it again. He is going to be a gun.

How good was the blow up doll. :D Started in the Olympic Stand then went all the way around to the other end of the Southern Stand. So funny how the cops dive for it but couldn't grab it.

Anyone know the crowd? It looked like 20,000 which is awesome considering it's a Domestic match and they shut the Ponsord stand and all of Level 4 in the Southern Stand.

Anyone know the crowd? It looked like 20,000 which is awesome considering it's a Domestic match and they shut the Ponsord stand and all of Level 4 in the Southern Stand.

Fox Sports coverage said at the end "over 25,000", so it may well have broken the record for the biggest 20/20 domestic crowd in Australia.

One more game at the G on Friday week against Tassie, might get 20k I'd say.

Back from the 'G tonight, with the mandatory stop of Maccas of course. What a great game - had everything. Dwayne Bravo, you superstar. That 6 in the final over was awesome, and the crowd went nuts. Huss you little ripper, wish I had've sat behind the sightscreen to take a catch at clain the cash. :D

Definately going again in two weeks time when we play Tasmania at the 'G.

Where'd you sit Seany boy?
2nd level of the Olympic stand. They were awesome seats except that there were about four 8 year old kids behind me drooling over the cheerleaders. It was so annoying. Sure, they were hot but it sounds wrong coming from kids who are 8 years old.

Did you get in for free? The lines to get tickets and food were huge! I was waiting for chips but missed 2 overs of the 2nd innings so I thought **** this and got something else.

Fox Sports coverage said at the end "over 25,000", so it may well have broken the record for the biggest 20/20 domestic crowd in Australia.

I was at one of the finals a couple of years ago and the crowd was 30k. Oh just looked it up it was the '06-'07 one just over 28k. If there is a final at the G this year the crowd should push 35-40k you'd think :thumbsu:

Hmm just remembered that they probably won't have a total because you don't scan tickets, you just give them a little 'admit one' ticket or show them your Bushrangers card that admits you into games for free. They'd probably have an estimated crowd though.

2nd level of the Olympic stand. They were awesome seats except that there were about four 8 year old kids behind me drooling over the cheerleaders. It was so annoying. Sure, they were hot but it sounds wrong coming from kids who are 8 years old.

Did you get in for free? The lines to get tickets and food were huge! I was waiting for chips but missed 2 overs of the 2nd innings so I thought **** this and got something else.

Sat in the bottom deck of the Southern Stand, and the line for both beer and food was massive. Just a matter of timing your runs so both outlets so you don't miss too much of the game.

Go VICS!

:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Twenty20 Big Bash Round 2: Victoria v New South Wales @ Melbourne (Sat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back