Two hardest tips for the round - (WB vs Melb) and (NM vs StK)

Remove this Banner Ad

has anybody thought that Adelaide might just get over sydney in a tight one, Sydney have struggled over in Adelaide in the past

Thank god this games isn't on fta TV. I don't mind watching either side, but against eachother they are pretty painful to watch.

I wouldn't tip the Crows to beat anyone they way they are going, but if they extracted the digit they could/should beat the Swans at home, they knocked off the Hawks there.

For all you North fans saying "who will stop petrie etc", I am so sick of this argument.

Blake Dawson Baker
Goddard Fisher Gilbert

This is statistically, the best backline in the history of the game. How many of those players are great one on one defenders. I say 0, Blake probably the best.
It's all about TEAM DEFENSE, which by the way, has really caught on in the last couple of years after first appearing around the 2005 era.

Having said that, If we were playing next week I would probably tip the Saints in a close one, but coming off the bye we have absolutely no chance.
Look what happened to Collingwood, the best team in the comp when they came off the bye, playing a team they have dominated the last few years. Let alone what is going to happen when 2 evenly matched teams play.
North by 20-40.

And I think the good Melbourne will show up.

For all you North fans saying "who will stop petrie etc", I am so sick of this argument.

Blake Dawson Baker
Goddard Fisher Gilbert

This is statistically, the best backline in the history of the game. How many of those players are great one on one defenders. I say 0, Blake probably the best.
It's all about TEAM DEFENSE, which by the way, has really caught on in the last couple of years after first appearing around the 2005 era.

Having said that, If we were playing next week I would probably tip the Saints in a close one, but coming off the bye we have absolutely no chance.
Look what happened to Collingwood, the best team in the comp when they came off the bye, playing a team they have dominated the last few years. Let alone what is going to happen when 2 evenly matched teams play.
North by 20-40.

And I think the good Melbourne will show up.

But seriously, who will stop Petrie? Dawson's not big enough and Fisher plays too far up the ground.

But seriously, who will stop Petrie? Dawson's not big enough and Fisher plays too far up the ground.

Don't think we have anyone who can, our backline point blank can't deal with big pack marking forwards who can take a grab with the ball being bombed straight down their throats, Tippet/Riewoldt are two perfect examples.
But what often happens those players will have big days out and kick bags but the rest won't get anywhere near it. Last year Riewoldt kicked 6(or 8 can't remember) but we still won by 4 goals, Tippet had some big games where we still beat Adelaide. Then this year in rnd 2, we are dominating Richmond early, Riewoldt goes down, they get on top in the game and we get beaten.

I'm not saying we will win (don't think we will) but I'm just sick of these "who can stop *pack marking forward*" statements as if thats the thing that's going to win the game, when against us, alot of the time it isnt.

Blake Dawson Baker
Goddard Fisher Gilbert

Blake isn't even playing.

Again, who will stop Petrie?

He is too big and classy one out for Dawson, and putting Fisher back there deprives StKilda of run out of defence. North press very well.

If you put 3 blokes on Petrie then who will stop Edwards, Pederson and Hansen?

Blake Dawson Baker
Goddard Fisher Gilbert

This is statistically, the best backline in the history of the game. .

Yowzers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL should ban schizophrenic clubs or require clubs to advise what personality will be playing each weekend. If the good meltank tun up they win, if the bruse free one turns up Dogs by 60 points.

Tossed a coin and tipped meltank on form. Thanks for the gutless effort. Off to the mountains for winter. 60 pts was close.

Probably the same bloke North usually stop Riewoldt with.

There's no doubt we will have to watch Reiwoldt.

However, he won't have Hayes feeding him and Koschitzke and Stanley providing cover for him this time. He'll also be playing against a few kids that are 12 months further advanced.

Petrie didn't play against StKilda last year either. The last time he did play against StKilda, he kicked 4 goals and we won.

Perhaps if Saints can get the other matchups right, the supply to Petrie won't be so fluid?

I can see Dempster going to Wells, Jones to Harvey, to try and limit their handball receives.

Anthony is another Saints will have to watch.

Hopefully one of Fisher or Goddard is also free to play loose in front.

I actually thought the toughest to pick was Brisbane vs Port, simply because both teams really suck and Brisbane's home form is terrible (haven't had a Gabba win for a year).....Always confident that the Dogs would win this one, and again banking on the fact that the dome suits the Saints more than an outdoor venue.

I know its late, but i tipped the Dogs tonight. But only by 20 points

Dees can't play Etihad was my reasoning. Plus the way their season has gone, they were due a down week

I've gone the Roos against the Saints. Reason? Saints off the bye and teams are really struggling thsi week and North playing some decent footy

Blake isn't even playing.

Again, who will stop Petrie?

He is too big and classy one out for Dawson, and putting Fisher back there deprives StKilda of run out of defence. North press very well.

If you put 3 blokes on Petrie then who will stop Edwards, Pederson and Hansen?

Congratulations for completely missing the entire point of my post. And ignoring my response to the exact same question on the previous page

Don't think we have anyone who can, our backline point blank can't deal with big pack marking forwards who can take a grab with the ball being bombed straight down their throats, Tippet/Riewoldt are two perfect examples.
But what often happens those players will have big days out and kick bags but the rest won't get anywhere near it. Last year Riewoldt kicked 6(or 8 can't remember) but we still won by 4 goals, Tippet had some big games where we still beat Adelaide. Then this year in rnd 2, we are dominating Richmond early, Riewoldt goes down, they get on top in the game and we get beaten.

I'm not saying we will win (don't think we will) but I'm just sick of these "who can stop *pack marking forward*" statements as if thats the thing that's going to win the game, when against us, alot of the time it isnt

I know Blake isn't playing, that was the 2009 backline, y'know that conceded the least points per game in the history of the competition even though none of the back six are any good one on one:rolleyes:

Ill try to simplify it for people who can't be bothered to read my post in its entirety.

Q. Who can stop Petrie? A. No player St Kilda currently has
Q. If the Saints don't stop Petrie will they automatically lose A. NO!

Remove this Banner Ad

Two hardest tips for the round - (WB vs Melb) and (NM vs StK)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back