Two more players and our Premiership list is set!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Watching Yarran last night I instantly thought 'thats the player we are missing'. Worked through traffic with ease up forward and you can just see with another pre season he will be able to play stints in the midfield. Yarran and NickNat combining would bamboozal the opposition.

Trade McKinely and our 2nd rounder to the Blues next trade period.:thumbsu:

The 2nd player is young Matera, has signed with GC17 and is eligible to be traded if he requests it. Maybe our 1st rounder this year for him.

Premiership forward line in 2012 -13

Matera Notte Yarran

Le Cras Kennedy Waters

Bench forwards: Weedon

Would Carlton trade Yarran? They are pinning a lot of hope on the boy. If he has a good year this year that will only get worse and i think we would have no chance of effecting a reasonable trade for him.

On the other hand, if he has a poor year with their forward line and in general and McKinley goes OK for us then Carlton might squirm under the blowtorch and opt for the quick fix in McKinley rather than show patience with the youngster.

I was thinking back in trade week that we should have offered the exact same trade to them this year when it became clear that they were off loading Fev no matter what.

Agree, hopefully Carlton have problems taking a mark in their forward 50 and yes McKinely has a good year and shows he can take a mark or two and convert.

McKinely just looks out of sorts in our forward line, he's surrounded by big marking forwards plus Lecca who is strong overhead and on the lead. Basically BM is our 4th marking option and is being asked to work up the ground and apply alot of defensive pressure, which isn't his natural game IMO.

Yarran would play this role much more effectively, he has serious pace and can side step and run around opponents with ease. He kicked 1 goal 4 points :D, keep it up lad and you'll be back in WA playing for a real team in 2011.:thumbsu:

How good would it be for Hansen to show a bit and both BM and Ash go to the Blues. Juddy was keen on Ash and they seriously need a big CHF / FF:p;)

Agree, hopefully Carlton have problems taking a mark in their forward 50 and yes McKinely has a good year and shows he can take a mark or two and convert.

McKinely just looks out of sorts in our forward line, he's surrounded by big marking forwards plus Lecca who is strong overhead and on the lead. Basically BM is our 4th marking option and is being asked to work up the ground and apply alot of defensive pressure, which isn't his natural game IMO.

Yarran would play this role much more effectively, he has serious pace and can side step and run around opponents with ease. He kicked 1 goal 4 points :D, keep it up lad and you'll be back in WA playing for a real team in 2011.:thumbsu:

How good would it be for Hansen to show a bit and both BM and Ash go to the Blues. Juddy was keen on Ash and they seriously need a big CHF / FF:p;)

Agreed. Mckinley is just not suited to the role that they are trying to use him in. They are playing him there not because he is suited to that spot or happy to play there but because Le Cras has the spot on the FF line that he wants. I think he will leave eventually because he can get more money, games and game time and his preferred position at other clubs and it would have been smarter to trade him while he is still under contract and we can control the trade than wait untill he gets fed up and leaves and we are forced to trade under pressure. I know i would leave if i was McKinley.

Your right on Hansen too. That is one of the few clubs where you could be confidant that he would be a good chance of a regular game.

Correct me if im wrong (Im sure I read this here on BF) but didnt Yarran have a recent court appearance back here in WA for a home invasion he was involved in with a group of his thug mates wielding baseball bats?? Do we really need someone like that to be back home in Perth let alone in our club leading his good mate Naita astray?

On the other hand if it rids us of a slow lumbering Hansen then do it.

Agreed. Mckinley is just not suited to the role that they are trying to use him in. They are playing him there not because he is suited to that spot or happy to play there but because Le Cras has the spot on the FF line that he wants. I think he will leave eventually because he can get more money, games and game time and his preferred position at other clubs and it would have been smarter to trade him while he is still under contract and we can control the trade than wait untill he gets fed up and leaves and we are forced to trade under pressure. I know i would leave if i was McKinley.

Your right on Hansen too. That is one of the few clubs where you could be confidant that he would be a good chance of a regular game.

You really need to let this go. The Eagles would LOVE McKinley to play the Lecca role, then they could switch them around and rotate them through the middle. The reality is though that McKinley doesnt have the speed, recovery, agility or skillset that Lecca has, apart from that, you have a point...

McKinley remains an undersized marking player (whereas Lecca is a genuine medium forward with very good marking skills ala Brett Heady), a player who doesn't demonstrate the skillset of a medium forward - so he causes the selectors a headache - if they play him as a "tall" he is undersized and can't provide the bailout "kick it to a contest" option you want from a tall at times and if you play him as a marking medium he cant deliver on the ground and in the running, chasing or creative aspects of that role. Thats the dilemma - it has nothing to do with another player taking his spot.

If other sides see a Jason Heatley style undersized FF in McKinley then maybe we get a decent trade deal - if they see a guy who is simply an undersized FF that has skills but will always struggle for a permanent role then we would get little ....

I like his goal sense, his natural instincts in the forward half but I worry that he is a tweener. The notion that he is hurt by Lecca is wrong. Next you'll be telling us that Lecca played FF last year .... oh wait .... :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just google yarran and the wa justic esystem and youll find out some background on his family added to brushes with the law himself, id be happy not to have him back in perth around his old haunts

Here we go again the usual culprits are wanting us to get rid of McKinley.

So our mid sized forward McKinley has kicked 30 goals last year and 42 goals in 2008 to be ourleading goal scorer.:eek:

Let me get this straight you want to trade Mckinley for Yarran ....who has done exactly what yet?????? :eek:

Give me a break FFS.

Mckinley gets bagged on this board so bloody often and as his sponsor you just back off ....all of you......all of you.;)

Seriously thank God most of you Mckinley haters are not responsible for our list management.

Yarran and McKinley are totally different players.

Im very excited about Weedon, 186cm medium forward with strength overhead and silky skills. Also allot quicker and agile than McKinley, if you want McKinleys marking prowess and while improving our defensive pressure then he's the way to go.

Neates and Broome might be able to offer us a true goal sneak.

Yarran and McKinley are totally different players.

Im very excited about Weedon, 186cm medium forward with strength overhead and silky skills. Also allot quicker and agile than McKinley, if you want McKinleys marking prowess and while improving our defensive pressure then he's the way to go.

Neates and Broome might be able to offer us a true goal sneak.
I love the prospect of weedon (if he reaalises his potential) and Lecca in the same side. Damaging half forwards who can split time forward/mid.

Won't happen - they're not that stupid.

Whats them being stupid got to do with any player wanting to be traded back to their home state? If a player wants out they want out.

GC17 paid nothing to sign up all their 17 year olds. So the fact they can pick up another 1st round pick basically for free........that isn't stupid.

I posted months ago the best way for Matera to get to the Eagles is to sign with the GC, he then has the option to request a trade to his prefered club when he turns 18 and eligible to be traded.

Maybe a Spanger or McKinely would interest the GC and sure they will want a decent deal but how can a 1st round pick for a 18 yr old medium forward who has never player an AFL game be unreasonable?

Here we go again the usual culprits are wanting us to get rid of McKinley.

So our mid sized forward McKinley has kicked 30 goals last year and 42 goals in 2008 to be ourleading goal scorer.:eek:

Let me get this straight you want to trade Mckinley for Yarran ....who has done exactly what yet?????? :eek:

Give me a break FFS.

Mckinley gets bagged on this board so bloody often and as his sponsor you just back off ....all of you......all of you.;)

Seriously thank God most of you Mckinley haters are not responsible for our list management.

Gee, you have some serious man love for BM mate.

This has nothing to do with love or hate of any player, its about developing a balanced forward line and ATM we lack the smaller, quicker defensive goal sneak. Do you agree?

So if we find one by either developing or trading for one who is the most likely forward to give way?

Kennedy, Lynch?

Le Cras?

The HFF positions with our midfield zone need quicker, hard runners, basically extra mids. McKinely doesn't fit that need at all.

Sorry mate but if we didn't have Le Cras Benny Mac would be our third marking target but with Leca doing his job so well BM is our 4th marking option, he hasn't improved his pace much from the looks of it and as I mentioned he isn't a natural defensive crumbing forward and he isn't a big KP forward.

I posted months ago the best way for Matera to get to the Eagles is to sign with the GC, he then has the option to request a trade to his prefered club when he turns 18 and eligible to be traded.

Having another Matera in the Eagles side would be just nice, thank you very much. But unlikely....

I think we already have what we need. Weedon and Neates will provide some zip and zap in the forward line. Broome also in a couple of year's time. No way would I entertain the idea of parting with McKinley. We've put too much hard work into him and I believe he is set for a good year. Give him a chance to adapt to his new role in the team. He looked good in the Nab game against Essendon.
If anything, we need another good tall marking option. Lynch I love, but we don't have that high marking full forward yet, and like many others, I'm not holding too much hope for Notte.

You really need to let this go. The Eagles would LOVE McKinley to play the Lecca role, then they could switch them around and rotate them through the middle. The reality is though that McKinley doesnt have the speed, recovery, agility or skillset that Lecca has, apart from that, you have a point...

McKinley remains an undersized marking player (whereas Lecca is a genuine medium forward with very good marking skills ala Brett Heady), a player who doesn't demonstrate the skillset of a medium forward - so he causes the selectors a headache - if they play him as a "tall" he is undersized and can't provide the bailout "kick it to a contest" option you want from a tall at times and if you play him as a marking medium he cant deliver on the ground and in the running, chasing or creative aspects of that role. Thats the dilemma - it has nothing to do with another player taking his spot.

If other sides see a Jason Heatley style undersized FF in McKinley then maybe we get a decent trade deal - if they see a guy who is simply an undersized FF that has skills but will always struggle for a permanent role then we would get little ....

I like his goal sense, his natural instincts in the forward half but I worry that he is a tweener. The notion that he is hurt by Lecca is wrong. Next you'll be telling us that Lecca played FF last year .... oh wait .... :p

Deliberately misintrpreting a post in pathetic effort to derail a thread and start an argument as usual. Classic E87. And the mods do nothing again as usual. Typical eagles board mods. If i did that i would get a card.

It's not a debate about who is better - Le Cras or McKinley, it is a post making the point that McKinley is much more suited to playing on the FF line than a HFF but that there is no room for him to play that role in our team. But you already know that. Your just trying to turn the post into something it wasn't have something to argue against.

We don't need your "special insights" to tell us that 184cm not big for a KP or that he is not a crumber. That is more stating the obvious, or stating nothing at all and sitting on the fence, and then giving yourself a big pat on the back as though you just cured cancer. Again very typical E87 (like all the times you start threads to bedazzle us with te relevation that Wilkes is a battler and Priddis has poor disposal. Deep, deep insights those ones). The fact remains his best role in any side is going to be as a forward leading at the ball carrier, taking marks on the lead and kicking goals from set shots.

So your arument is that because of Mckinley's lack of agility and speed he is unsuited to playing on the FF line and leading at the ball carrier (a role where he has kicked 50 plus goals in a struggling side previously) but that these deficiencies are not a problem for somebody playing on HFF where most teams start their attacks from? Nice logic. And that Le Cras is a medium size forward with good marking skills but this description does not apply to McKinley also. What is McKinley then, genius?

Please tell me who was the FF last year, E87, since you can't let the topic go? Whoever it was had a shocker of a year and didn't even kick 20 goals since when you look aur goal scorers for the year and we know that it wasn't Kennedy or McKinley playing there and you tell us it wasn't Le Cras. Please name the one player who played FF for us in 2009?

Watching Yarran last night I instantly thought 'thats the player we are missing'. Worked through traffic with ease up forward and you can just see with another pre season he will be able to play stints in the midfield. Yarran and NickNat combining would bamboozal the opposition.

Trade McKinely and our 2nd rounder to the Blues next trade period.:thumbsu:

The 2nd player is young Matera, has signed with GC17 and is eligible to be traded if he requests it. Maybe our 1st rounder this year for him.

Premiership forward line in 2012 -13

Matera Notte Yarran

Le Cras Kennedy Waters

Bench forwards: Weedon
Nup not interested in Yarran. Leave him at Carltank

Remove this Banner Ad

Two more players and our Premiership list is set!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back