Toast Tyrone

Remove this Banner Ad

deledio7

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2007
Yeah.
AFL Club
Richmond
I hope I am not the only one really excited with the progress Tyrone is making. He cops a fair bit on this board and I've been a supporter of his because it is obviously very harsh to be lamenting a ruckman/forward in the early stages of his career.

He isn't getting a stack of the footy but whenever he does he makes really good decisions. His ability to move through traffic has been evident since his first game and he is now developing an ability up forward. He's obviously a very smart player also. I have no doubt he will develop into a very good player.

With the improvement of Rance and good early signs from Grimes, I am hopeful our key talls can develop with our midfield.

Saw great things on the weekend.

Kept the ball in play very cleverly in one passage of play, which led to a scoring shot. That mark he took in the goal square was also fantastic.

Definitely someone who needs to play 22 games, he is developing nicely. 20 goals this year is a fantastic improvement for him. He is already on 7, it's an achievable goal. Then next year aim for 30 and suddenly he could become a legit forward/ruckman.

I hope I am not the only one really excited with the progress Tyrone is making. He cops a fair bit on this board and I've been a supporter of his because it is obviously very harsh to be lamenting a ruckman/forward in the early stages of his career.

He isn't getting a stack of the footy but whenever he does he makes really good decisions. His ability to move through traffic has been evident since his first game and he is now developing an ability up forward. He's obviously a very smart player also. I have no doubt he will develop into a very good player.

With the improvement of Rance and good early signs from Grimes, I am hopeful our key talls can develop with our midfield.

People just need to remember he is a 3rd year 200cm beanpole. Ayce Cordy was rated just as highly and has done squat. His movement in traffic is very good. For a guy 200cm he moves really well. If he can continue to improve his contested marking and tap work as well as put on some size then Graham will be gone and I can see a forward line of Riewoldt, Post, Griffiths with Post and Griff helping him out in the ruck within 2 years.

Send Graham to GWS.

hasnt put a foot wrong his entire career his development is on track maybe a little ahead even . Very good signs as there should be from a first rounder, give him time he will be a very very good player

He's come on alot since last year thats for sure. Been impressed and helps our structure. Who would replace him atm if he gets injured? Post will be ebetter up forward but wont do as well as a back up ruck for expample.

edit: actually just remember big D. I have high hopes for him.

Excited about Vickery. He didn't have a very good game this week though. But he looks dangerous and if he grabbed onto 1 or 2 marks and was a bit cleaner with his kicking he would have had 4 goals. When he gets it together he'll be a dangerous 3rd tall forward. Truetiger said he's a dud and won't make it. He's certain about this :cool:

Excited about Vickery. He didn't have a very good game this week though. But he looks dangerous and if he grabbed onto 1 or 2 marks and was a bit cleaner with his kicking he would have had 4 goals. When he gets it together he'll be a dangerous 3rd tall forward. Truetiger said he's a dud and won't make it. He's certain about this :cool:
I thought he was very good on Saturday. I said post game he was the biggest positive out of the game. His output will improve over time but the raw ability he showed is encouraging.

I can't remember another bloke of his size kicking purposely on the run and weaving through traffic at 20. He has a long way to go but his development needs to be applauded. He cops it when he has an off game so he should receive plaudits after a good one. :thumbsu:

I think he is having a great year so far. I dont know why everyone thinks that guys like this should come out from day 1 and dominate. Its just not going to happen. Vickery is still another year or two away from really showing what he can do and its good that it looks like we are going to back him all the way.

In better teams he would still be developing in the VFL so i think he is doing ok since being moved from the ruck where he just doesnt have the body to compete at this stage.

I was one who demanded more of him after his pathetic NAB Cup game but I am chuffed with his efforts of late. The most impressive action for me was the chase down from behind of McGrath....he foxed McGrath into taking off then accelerated in a manner that no bloke his size should. This showed smarts, ability and committment. All we ever asked of him:thumbsu:

People just need to remember he is a 3rd year 200cm beanpole. Ayce Cordy was rated just as highly and has done squat. His movement in traffic is very good. For a guy 200cm he moves really well. If he can continue to improve his contested marking and tap work as well as put on some size then Graham will be gone and I can see a forward line of Riewoldt, Post, Griffiths with Post and Griff helping him out in the ruck within 2 years.

Send Graham to GWS.

Not to mention that Ayce Cordy just got dominated by Andrew Browne at VFL level over the weekend. He has a LONG way to go that kid, yet our supporters are willing to rip into Ty because he isn't as good as Dean Cox yet.

I still compare Vickery to Spida Everitt, closest comparison I can think of

Good tap-work and some good marks, could've gotten 5 goals if he used his body well and marked some easy marks and when he swung around to try to kick but hit the post, he rushed it when he probably had enough time to pick it up and kick the goal. But I like what i'm seeing and the draft selection of 8 has finally come out

I was getting extremely frustrated with his poor marking on Saturday. Other than that it was a good game. But it's pretty clear he is either low on confidence going to pack marks or he's just shit at it. Big problem for a 200 cm player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was one who demanded more of him after his pathetic NAB Cup game but I am chuffed with his efforts of late. The most impressive action for me was the chase down from behind of McGrath....he foxed McGrath into taking off then accelerated in a manner that no bloke his size should. This showed smarts, ability and committment. All we ever asked of him:thumbsu:

Loved it too, especially when he kept McGrath on the ground after the tackle and gave it to him while we kicked the goal. Also got stuck into one of the lions backmen for not standing on the line when jack kicked that snap late in the third. It's the kind of aggression I wanna see more of from him, and him also put the same aggression into hunting the ball. It's what makes Kruezer special.

He's starting to show some real agility and poise when he's got the ball, which is exciting. At least a handful of times this year we've seen him turn a smaller opponent inside out and break away. He also takes a little time to think of his disposal option when he gets it in close instead of throwing it away in a panic.

He hasn't lived up to the expectations of a number 8 pick yet, but I'm happy with his progress. Especially when you look at how long some other guys his size have taken to reach their potential. If he starts clunking some contested marks, I'll be getting really excited.

Also loved his tackle and spray on McGrath.

Fumbles a lot and doesn't stick a lot of marks but certainly is on the improve and getting bigger in size. I'm still not convinced he was a good pick hope to be proved wrong!!!

Real test this week v Freo. We need him to stand up.:thumbsu:

How can anyone suggest he wasn't the right pick?

Look at our ruck stocks. Try name another tall taken after him dominating the competition.

So many called for us to take Ziebell. He has stagnated horribly because of his lack of pace and work rate.

He's got the talent of a good midfielder in a 200cm body. If he puts on 5kgs, keeps his athleticism and learns to play consistently to his talent we have a winner. That there are many signs that he has the ability at AFL level is really good considering his age and size. But I'll wait for 2 years before saying he is the real deal. Then I expect to see a good ruck, good forward and good running midfielder. Even if he is B grade in each of those three he becomes an A grade player. Just hoping

Coming along very well is Tyrone, looks to be a footballer first which IMO is a good thing. A lot of teams are going with taller athletes now days but to me he is more a footballer and will only get better as his confidence grows.

Thought he had struggled the last couple of weeks prior to this week and was calling for him to be sent back to Coburg for a few weeks to get some confidence back. Not afraid to say that I'm glad they stuck with him as I reckon Saturday night could well have been his watershed game, where he actually starts believing that he belongs at this level.

Have always rated him. He will be an elite player of the competition when he develops. Has the smarts and skills, just needs size and time. When his body is up to it he will go in harder too.

How can anyone suggest he wasn't the right pick?

Look at our ruck stocks. Try name another tall taken after him dominating the competition.

So many called for us to take Ziebell. He has stagnated horribly because of his lack of pace and work rate.

To be fair to Ziebell, a broken leg is a serious injury and takes a long while to get over. When he gets more fitness he will have that required work rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Tyrone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back