Coach Tyson Goldsack - Defensive Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

This is all on Bergmam. The guy is an absolute star back there. Completely changed our structure and we are now benefiting massively. He is literally our Tom Stewart now.
He will also get Cameron next week and slaughter him as well.
Bergman has been huge! Rats going forward his greatly improved our structure, and benefitted Aliir. The Logan Evans's addition, and his progress has been next-level outstanding!

Then last night, BDJ seemed to plug the Farrell gap really well.

I agree that the previous high press seems to be gone, and the easy over-the-top goals against us have somewhat dried up. Team defense has def improved 100%.

Whether it as all due to Goldsack or not, credit to the coaches for making the needed changes. Our whole structure has improved out of sight.

I agree that the previous high press seems to be gone, and the easy over-the-top goals against us have somewhat dried up. Team defense has def improved 100%.

Yes.

There also seems to be more contests and the boys seem to be enjoying it.

Before we would fart arse to the pocket but now we are kicking to CHF and competing for the ball.

Our backs look very comfortable because they are not going to be left out to dry one on one on the break.

I haven't seen a Joe the Goose goal for a while against us but we've got a couple here and there.

You can see that contested glow in Butters and the Hornet but also in a guy like Lachie Jones.

Actual coaching. Dunno where it has come from but it is very different from the last decade.

This is all on Bergmam.
No it hasn't been, but he has been great.

He will also get Cameron next week and slaughter him as well.
Yeah he is the man for Cameron and I reckon he is the man for Heeney if we play the swans again.

Heeney and the rest of their mids weren't awake when we smashed them at AO a few weeks ago, and they will be very different next time, but Bergman is probably our only defender who can go with him athletically, when he plays forward.

Who is responsible for the pull back of the high press?
Probably the Football Committee.

And the fans who booed Hinkley after the farken Brisbane disaster.

It's not just Goldsack or individual player changes, it's across the ground defence. The high press was costing us so many coast to coast Joe the Goose goals, so we've pulled it back and apply much better pressure across all the three sectors of the ground.

Teams really have to take it on against us and that leads to turnovers and scoring opportunities the other way. Saw it last week with the crows and Freo last night, they could get the ball to their half back line, then had to stop because the options just weren't there.

But while talking about individuals, Zerk-Thatcher has been terrific this year. Gets in with the spoil, and can take a decent contested mark. He's a bit Brian Lake like.
I just remember him coming as the reserve Coleman medalist who can’t play key position

No it hasn't been, but he has been great.

Yeah he is the man for Cameron and I reckon he is the man for Heeney if we play the swans again.

Heeney and the rest of their mids weren't awake when we smashed them at AO a few weeks ago, and they will be very different next time, but Bergman is probably our only defender who can go with him athletically, when he plays forward.

Why would you play Bergman on Cameron given Cameron has been playing full forward for the last 6+ weeks? Just seems like a perfect BZT matchup on the proviso he doesn't play up the ground. If he comes up the ground, Bergman should absolute get the job. But I don't like Bergman playing on him deep.

Why would you play Bergman on Cameron given Cameron has been playing full forward for the last 6+ weeks? Just seems like a perfect BZT matchup on the proviso he doesn't play up the ground. If he comes up the ground, Bergman should absolute get the job. But I don't like Bergman playing on him deep.
I don't reckon Cameron is going to stay deep for all of the games in September. He will naturally run all over the place. Its the way he has played for nearly all his career.

But you are right that if he starts deep, and stays deep then BZT should get that job and free up Bergman.

Maybe he is carrying some injury and that's why he has stayed deep. I haven't seen much of him play since mid season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't reckon Cameron is going to stay deep for all of the games in September. He will naturally run all over the place. Its the way he has played for nearly all his career.

But you are right that if he starts deep, and stays deep then BZT should get that job and free up Bergman.

Maybe he is carrying some injury and that's why he has stayed deep. I haven't seen much of him play since mid season.

I think they've pushed him to play deep once Hawkins dropped out of the side.

When we played them this year, Cameron played chronically up the ground.

It should be seared into the brains of the coaching staff that Cameron led all players on the night with 574 metres gained which is pretty rare for a key forward.

Scott used Cameron very well that night. I don't think we quelled him all game. Bergman would be the answer.

When we played them this year, Cameron played chronically up the ground.

It should be seared into the brains of the coaching staff that Cameron led all players on the night with 574 metres gained which is pretty rare for a key forward.

Scott used Cameron very well that night. I don't think we quelled him all game. Bergman would be the answer.

Hawkins was also playing in that game.
Lately when Hawkins has been out, Cameron has played much deeper. Bergman is the right fit if he comes up the ground. Otherwise, BZT should get the job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Tyson Goldsack - Defensive Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back