Remove this Banner Ad

likka

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Mar 12, 2004
Rehab
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brilliant game tonight by the young fella... really stood up against one of the best forwards in the game.

When the game had to be won he was inspirational.

there were a few posters that blsted both him and stanners acouple of weeks ago, i think they should have a good hard look at themselves. but dont look to hard coz u may die of embarrasment.

hehe. well said.

I think both of those guys played their hearts out tonight, very, very impressive.

Goldsack will definately be a player.

goldsack is a good find, with a bit of size in a few years could be a really good key position player. was fantastic tonight

Love him. Hopefully with a few players back we'll see him move through the middle and see what he has there. A great experiment player I feel.

I cannot see he how anyone could have bagged him. He made 1 bad blue against freo but apart from that he has looked the goods since he step on the park IMO.

He has good size, quick and he is very good by foot and when under pressure. But one thing I love about him is that he looks tough and loves a one on one contest.

He could turn out to be one of the bargains of the draft in years to come.

I can see Moneybags taking Franklin next week, as strange as that sounds. He is a similar height, bloody fast and shows he can keep on his man.

But anyway was a great game by the Moneybags.

I thought we were a team building towards a premiership in a few years time, but watching the mighty pies last night, l have to re-evaluate where we are, because l seriously think we can go really close to winning it in the next year. Last night really showed the depth and the exciting talent we have down at the club. Missing last night Buckley, Clement, R Shaw, Presti, O'Brien, Lonie, Medhurst, Bryan, Illes players who can all step up and play good senoir footy.
Last night couldn't have been more impressed with Goldsack, Clarke (unbelieveable), Stanners, Thomas (BOG) Cloke, Pendlebury all young guns really fast tracking this footy club to a premiership. We're still yet to see Reid, Brown, Wellingham all who are exciting talents and who will play senior footy sometime this year. I tell you it is looking formidable not only for the rest of this year, but for the next few years.
I didn't expect the young guns to stand up for much more of this year, not because of ability but because of experience, but these guys play beyond their age, Goldsack played as though he has already played about 50 games, and if you watched Marty Clarke last night you would have thought he was a 50 + game player. Brilliant.
Looking forward to the senior guys coming back, but would hate to be on the selection committee when this happens. GO PIES.

I thought we were a team building towards a premiership in a few years time, but watching the mighty pies last night, l have to re-evaluate where we are, because l seriously think we can go really close to winning it in the next year. Last night really showed the depth and the exciting talent we have down at the club. Missing last night Buckley, Clement, R Shaw, Presti, O'Brien, Lonie, Medhurst, Bryan, Illes players who can all step up and play good senoir footy.
Last night couldn't have been more impressed with Goldsack, Clarke (unbelieveable), Stanners, Thomas (BOG) Cloke, Pendlebury all young guns really fast tracking this footy club to a premiership. We're still yet to see Reid, Brown, Wellingham all who are exciting talents and who will play senior footy sometime this year. I tell you it is looking formidable not only for the rest of this year, but for the next few years.
I didn't expect the young guns to stand up for much more of this year, not because of ability but because of experience, but these guys play beyond their age, Goldsack played as though he has already played about 50 games, and if you watched Marty Clarke last night you would have thought he was a 50 + game player. Brilliant.
Looking forward to the senior guys coming back, but would hate to be on the selection committee when this happens. GO PIES.

Future is very bright for the pies. As Heath Shaw said "where going places" . Where the biggest Dark Horse for the Premiership this year so don't you worry. I'd love to see Wellingham play but in order for him to be on the list we'd have to alter with the Salary cap.

I can see Moneybags taking Franklin next week, as strange as that sounds. He is a similar height, bloody fast and shows he can keep on his man.

But anyway was a great game by the Moneybags.

Lance is 6'6" Goldy just can't cover that sort of height. Maxwell will get him, or we might spring a surprise and send T Cloke down there so we don't need to worry about his goal kicking!

Anyone with half an idea about football could see Goldsack was going to be a player from his debut. How he was let go until Pick 63 (I think) is beyond me. As for the Priemership,it really is wide open. The media will keep saying West Coast are clear favorites, but they have the worst forward line of any premier I have ever seen, which leaves them vulnerable. It will come down to timing your run with form and injuries as it always does. Hopefully with luck and better management that will give us a better chance this year.

Last week he was one of our best in my books (gave him a BF Medal vote) and to others he was one of our worst which made me wonder if people hate him. He hasn't been given any respect on this board until last night...it only took 4-5 good games from him for people to realise this.

Thought Moneybags was very good last night. To be honest I think all our young fellas down back were fantastic. They certainly took it to the crictics who said we didnt have a chance!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the look of him the very first time i saw him.

Now i wanna see ryan cook come in for his first game.

He looks the goods ... has the height to play down back but i wouldnt be suprised if he ends up as a midfielder. He sort of reminds me of pendlebury a little bit ... maybe only in looks but i think he could play a similar style to pendlebury in the midfield. His disposal was good last night. If he keeps up his form and when clement, presti, obrien etc come back i wouldnt mind seeing him rotated through the midfield playing tagging some of the taller midfielders like goodes.

Lance is 6'6" Goldy just can't cover that sort of height. Maxwell will get him, or we might spring a surprise and send T Cloke down there so we don't need to worry about his goal kicking!

Moneybags is taller than Maxwell, 191 cm to 190. Duddy is 196cm.

I agree with giving bags the first go at Duddy, he's close enough in height and can match him for speed and has enough mongrel in him to keep duddy lookin sideways.

He beat one of the best forwards in the league. Will be a pretty good player, no doubt.

I take my hat off to him. :thumbsu:

I do not rate O'Loughlan. One of the most overrated players in the league. He is dangerous but just doesn't do that much, is dangerous and Goldsack was superb on him but one of the best forwards in the game is over the top.

I do not rate O'Loughlan. One of the most overrated players in the league..

Next week he is going to equal the club games record. Its a disgrace that such an ordinary player will become etched in the Swans history like that after all the chamions they've had over the years. It shows what avoiding contests, and therefore injury can do for you.

Moneybags is taller than Maxwell, 191 cm to 190. Duddy is 196cm.

I agree with giving bags the first go at Duddy, he's close enough in height and can match him for speed and has enough mongrel in him to keep duddy lookin sideways.

Thats what i was thinking or Double team him with maxy/Cox loose down there. Without Presti and Clement he is a difficult match up as wakes doesnt have the speed or stamina although i though as such with hall and wajes was outstanding

How fantastic was it to see Maxy and Goldy throwing themselves that hard at the footy! Sacks knackered himself in that contest and wasn't really quite at the same peak since then. Still, great stuff.

What chance a rising star nomination? (although he'll be battling with MC for that one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tyson Goldsack take a bow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back