U/16s 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NORTH SHORE junior Ricky Rose-Mooring was suspended for eight matches on a kicking charge by the Football Geelong tribunal last night.

The under-16 forward pleaded guilty to kicking Inverleigh forward David McGregor in the head during the third quarter of Saturday's match at North Shore.

Have your say on the feedback form below

Rose-Mooring told the tribunal of Geoff Stribley (chairman), Ray Gurrie and Phil Swindells that he "snapped" after McGregor and some of his friends in the crowd had criticised his play throughout the match.

Rose-Mooring, who is a second year player, said McGregor taunted him in the third quarter after he kicked the ball out on the full.

The pair then began pushing each other in the Melbourne-end goal square at the North Shore grounds, behind play.

The tribunal heard Rose-Mooring punched his opponent twice in the face before McGregor dropped to all fours to avoid an expected punch.

A witness said both players threw punches but McGregor denied he had.

Rose-Mooring said he expected McGregor, who was physically larger than him, would respond so he kicked him in the head.

"My feet were near his shoulders, I was trying to push him away and kicked him a bit. I thought it was on the top of the head. It wasn't a full-blown kick, he got up straight away," Rose-Mooring said.

The reporting umpire Darren Bubb noticed the incident after he heard the crowd shouting.

Bubb, who was about 45m away, described the contact as a "jabbing action" and rated the ferocity of the strike at 35-40 per cent.

McGregor, whose mouth was bleeding from being punched, left the field immediately after the incident and returned in the final quarter.

Rose-Mooring apologised to his Inverleigh opponent during the hearing.

Stribley acknowledged the Year 11 student's guilty plea and honesty during the proceeding.

He advised the teenager to ignore taunts in the future and manage his anger.

"This is a very, very serious charge. You've got a label that is going to last your career," Stribley said.

North Shore advocate Bob Jane said Rose-Mooring would learn from the experience.

"It is one of the worst things you can do in footy and we just hope that he can recover from this and be the footballer we know he can be. We'll be taking steps to make sure we give him all the support and encouragement to practise on his footy," Jane said.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2009/04/21/64285_geelong_sports.html

For those wondering...

Has anyone got any thought on the following games coming up this week. Some games to mention are:
Leopold vs Lara
Inverleigh vs Anglesea
Bell Park vs Bannockburn
St Albans vs Grovedale
Ammos vs GWSP

2.2-14 North Shore
def. by
18.7-115 Inverleigh

let me tell you now boys, it is definitely the year of the hawk! not the rooster.

bad luck bell park, if ya had stack ya would of smashed west. to all you west boys out there, youse arent good ok, youse are terrible and dont get ya hopes up for a big season this year ok.

Big41 leopold beat barwon heads by 150 but u dont hear us goign round bragging that we r the most top shit side at least we admit that barwon heads are a div 3 side nd we dont get cocky about shit

i hope we play u and put u in ya place

Has anyone got any thought on the following games coming up this week. Some games to mention are:
Leopold vs Lara
Inverleigh vs Anglesea
Bell Park vs Bannockburn
St Albans vs Grovedale
Ammos vs GWSP

leopold should beat lara
inver should comfortably beat anglesea
bell park against banno
albans against groveyy
nd ammos we r playin on sunday, they should beat us, but hopefully not ;):thumbsu:

one to watch this week
Anglesea v inverleigh
best on ground Matthew Tarbett out of sight
10goal haul to a nobody tristan lake-carroll

im tipping this is the big41s new account?
or someone else is not the smartest bloke going round
either way
inver wont win divi1

a game that has potential to be quite close for the lower division sides
is thomson vs portarlington
lastyear in u14s div4 both sides played 2 good games
with portalington winning by a couple of kicks both times
thomson have gained a few players this year
notsure about portarlington
if thomsons keys can fire and they can forget the patchy stuff
and put in 4 quarters and can keep a couple of portarlington boys quiet
this game may be quite close

watchout any teams who play Queenscliff in the grading games star midfielder rory fairbairn kicked 8 on the weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a game that has potential to be quite close for the lower division sides
is thomson vs portarlington
lastyear in u14s div4 both sides played 2 good games
with portalington winning by a couple of kicks both times
thomson have gained a few players this year
notsure about portarlington
if thomsons keys can fire and they can forget the patchy stuff
and put in 4 quarters and can keep a couple of portarlington boys quiet
this game may be quite close

yeh they were pretty close. port to get up though. thomson will need everything to go right to win

Ive heard there a young boy running around for the South Barwon under 16s side by the name of Chritopher Primmer, i was talking to a person that will remain un named from down at the Falcons and they told me that Christopher will be a 75% chance to be running around with an afl side in a few years time. Can anyone els shed some light on this?

Ive heard there a young boy running around for the South Barwon under 16s side by the name of Chritopher Primmer, i was talking to a person that will remain un named from down at the Falcons and they told me that Christopher will be a 75% chance to be running around with an afl side in a few years time. Can anyone els shed some light on this?

ive heard some things too but i dont think that hes that good that people make him out to be. fat boy slim (matthew Tarbett) you are not a good judge because ive heard some buzz down at the hawks nest about a young player who can kick a few goals called cameron hill so if i were you scouts have a look at this kid.

ive heard some things too but i dont think that hes that good that people make him out to be. fat boy slim (matthew Tarbett) you are not a good judge because ive heard some buzz down at the hawks nest about a young player who can kick a few goals called cameron hill so if i were you scouts have a look at this kid.

yes hawka12 this kid is a freak. hes good on both feet and can outrun just about anyone. in the near future teams from everywhere are going to be trying to pick this superstar up before he plays AFL!!

yer he didnt play when we played south both times last year but played falcons this year..
might have been injured any one know???.

anyways hello boys im new to the thread :)

umm 1. Primmer did a leg injury spent a whole time out pretty sure it was hammy but dont quote me on it

2. 100 point wins.....maybe Drysdale tomorrow V Ocean Grove drysdale after a win against albans and with 2 of their better players coming back in Joel Daffey and Brad Straubs could help against a ocean grove side who just got a thumping thoughts on this?

3. Bell park....the GWSP boys deserved the win no one gave them a chance get over it yeah maybe if stacky was there you might of win (and i believe that too) however he wasnt and GWSP won give them the credit they deserve

4. whoever that guy is saying inva hawks are gonna be the top of div 1 bla bla bla just shut up and everyone try to ignore him

should shape out to be an interesting season boys i look foward to seeing the results this weekend

umm 1. Primmer did a leg injury spent a whole time out pretty sure it was hammy but dont quote me on it

2. 100 point wins.....maybe Drysdale tomorrow V Ocean Grove drysdale after a win against albans and with 2 of their better players coming back in Joel Daffey and Brad Straubs could help against a ocean grove side who just got a thumping thoughts on this?

3. Bell park....the GWSP boys deserved the win no one gave them a chance get over it yeah maybe if stacky was there you might of win (and i believe that too) however he wasnt and GWSP won give them the credit they deserve

4. whoever that guy is saying inva hawks are gonna be the top of div 1 bla bla bla just shut up and everyone try to ignore him

should shape out to be an interesting season boys i look foward to seeing the results this weekend

cool

ammos will beat geelong west by over 100 i reckon, we got 2 falcons boys back and a few others, but lost some at the same time

inva wont make div 1 this year boys but id look out in div 2 because they are gonna be a strong contender for premiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back