U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a classic contest between a younger team with plenty of run who couldn't counter a ruckman the size of a brick outhouse. He played very well today but will struggle when he plays against the big boys (not u19s). Would be interested to hear you name these missing key players. I think they're imaginary because there were only four guys not playing today who have donned the NOBs jumper this year (and they haven't played many games). I think this is the outfit who will contest the finals (if they make it) so don't talk bs.

Don't know where you're getting your stats from pal. Nobs played with just 20 players today and have had more than 30 players pull on the guernsey this season. Nobs were definitely undermanned.The fact is that Renton is playing under 19s now, and he was clearly BOG today. How good he will be in senior footy is irrelevant. I thought Rupo were really good today, and would have been a more deserving winner, however, its a under 19s comp and the argument about being a very young team isn't going to help you win any games this year.

Don't know where you're getting your stats from pal. Nobs played with just 20 players today and have had more than 30 players pull on the guernsey this season. Nobs were definitely undermanned.The fact is that Renton is playing under 19s now, and he was clearly BOG today. How good he will be in senior footy is irrelevant. I thought Rupo were really good today, and would have been a more deserving winner, however, its a under 19s comp and the argument about being a very young team isn't going to help you win any games this year.

The VAFA site.

My point on the big fella is he shouldn't get too exited when he's a head taller than most of the guys and an axe handle wider as well. Just on his skill level. Pretty ordinary kick. Two grabs for an overhead mark. Not too subtle with his ruck work.

Rupo didn't play with a full strength team but it's not relevant as you do your best with what you have on the day.

It's a fact that they are a young team. About five of the team are old enough to drive. The rest played u16s last year. Every game is an experience for these guys and I think they've developed as players by playing against teams who are clearly older.

Have a nice day.

CHB being William Quayle/ Nathan Roberts
CHF being Mark Carey
Midfielders being Ed Grinter and Jack O'Connor

Check the VAFA site

As for the "big fella", he has another year after this to torment your little 16 y.o's in the unders. By the way, i think he has a pretty handy kick on him. That one from 50, wasn't that enough proof?

CHB being William Quayle/ Nathan Roberts
CHF being Mark Carey
Midfielders being Ed Grinter and Jack O'Connor

Check the VAFA site

As for the "big fella", he has another year after this to torment your little 16 y.o's in the unders. By the way, i think he has a pretty handy kick on him. That one from 50, wasn't that enough proof?

Awesome bunch of guys. I can't wait to see them in action (although they are listed as playing - late withdrawls?).

As for the 'big fella'. Good luck to him. I suggest for his football development he aims not to be playing u19s next year. Suggest a big pre-season working on his skills.

Our young blokes are taking it 'one week at a time' and will be better placed next time after the experience of Saturday's game.

4/5 were late withdrawals. I'd say the big fella could push for a game later in the season as a 2nd ruckman if there were a few injuries in the ones.

No doubt you boys will bounce back, momentum plays a big part in the unders. Maybe the lack of confidence playing against older opponents was your downfall, cracker of a game nonetheless. Look forward to the next time we do battle!

tips this week:
therry to upset nobs by 15
aquinas too good for rupo by 47
old xavs to beat st leos by 55
geelong over bernards by 42
ivanhoe to smash fitzroy by 72

Awesome bunch of guys. I can't wait to see them in action (although they are listed as playing - late withdrawls?).

As for the 'big fella'. Good luck to him. I suggest for his football development he aims not to be playing u19s next year. Suggest a big pre-season working on his skills.

Our young blokes are taking it 'one week at a time' and will be better placed next time after the experience of Saturday's game.

Can't see how you can be criticizing the big man's skills. Not completely sure, because the detailed results aren't yet up on the web, but i think he kicked 4 on the weekend. Converted very well in front of goal, including a thumping one from outside 50 and a clever snap around his body. I admit his ruck work may have lacked 'subtlety', but it was nonetheless effective and rupo weren't exactly awake to it, so he didn't really need to be subtle.

Originally Posted by The MUF
Tips

NOBS by 24
Aquinas by 70
Xavs by 60
Geelong by 30
Ivanhoe by too many

Wouldn't disagree at all. I'd say these 5 teams will be the genuine finals contenders come August/September. Or are OG's big pretenders?

Originally Posted by The MUF
Tips

NOBS by 24
Aquinas by 70
Xavs by 60
Geelong by 30
Ivanhoe by too many

Wouldn't disagree at all. I'd say these 5 teams will be the genuine finals contenders come August/September. Or are OG's big pretenders?

Looking at the draw, Old Geelong have it pretty sweet on the road home. I'd say they have a fair chance of playing finals.

Don't think Therry will enjoy not being mentioned in that either. It's fairly open at this stage, and there's a long way to go...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In response to the above posts, NOBs were clearly quite lucky to come away with the four points given Rupertswood's dominance for the majority of the game. However, it is quite absurd to be criticising NOBs' ruckman given his instrumentality in the game - not to mention the fact that I fail to see your argument's pertinence to the game in question. Despite this, there is no doubt that it will be interesting to see how the next game pans out, especially given NOBs has many key players to return - how Rupertswood contains the NOBs' forward line, especially key players Jason Brun, Mark Carey and Seb Oliver, will be crucial to the game's outcome.

This is a quantum leap from the comment Hodgey? Are you homophobic? Or just limited in your ability to make an intelligent comment. Nice goal on Friday night.

Wow, if there was someone who needed to start making intelligent comments on BF it was you, Robbo. Most of the stuff you talk here is complete crap.

I'm not homophobic, but if it so happens you are gay, then yes, I am homphobic. Definitely homophobic.

Please keep the use of 'quantum' to your Battlestar Galactia or whatever you call it forums, you are seriously embarrassing the lot of us here using a word like that. I mean c'mon, MUF doesn't even know what it means.

Hodge kicked his goal Saturday night. So yes, you are wrong, for like the 50th time in this forum. Regardless of injuries, your mob are shit, get over it.

In response to the above posts, NOBs were clearly quite lucky to come away with the four points given Rupertswood's dominance for the majority of the game. However, it is quite absurd to be criticising NOBs' ruckman given his instrumentality in the game - not to mention the fact that I fail to see your argument's pertinence to the game in question. Despite this, there is no doubt that it will be interesting to see how the next game pans out, especially given NOBs has many key players to return - how Rupertswood contains the NOBs' forward line, especially key players Jason Brun, Mark Carey and Seb Oliver, will be crucial to the game's outcome.

Could not have put it better myself Maxtor. That potent forward line could match any in the competition. Aver/ McMahon..............who?

Wow, if there was someone who needed to start making intelligent comments on BF it was you, Robbo. Most of the stuff you talk here is complete crap.

I'm not homophobic, but if it so happens you are gay, then yes, I am homphobic. Definitely homophobic.

Please keep the use of 'quantum' to your Battlestar Galactia or whatever you call it forums, you are seriously embarrassing the lot of us here using a word like that. I mean c'mon, MUF doesn't even know what it means.

Hodge kicked his goal Saturday night. So yes, you are wrong, for like the 50th time in this forum. Regardless of injuries, your mob are shit, get over it.

You're hurting Hodgey, I feel your pain. I'd like you to list the other 49 mistakes and I'll respond to each of them. My son pointed out the Hodgey mistake to me but it wasn't important enough to correct. And for poor MUF, next time I'll use big so he understands.

All I have to say is that I haven't referred to your sexuality to criticise you, the standard of your posts as crap to belittle you. All I want you to do is think before you put your foot in your mouth next time.

Maxtor,

Pretty heavy stuff. I'll take note. I acknowledged the standard of game that the big fella played. I just find it unususal that he's not playing senior footy. As for the key players, who knows the availability of players for the next game. Who knows who'll play well. Get my drift. Sometimes having your best team counts for little.

is this forum just a NOBS vs Rupertswood slanging match?
you guys dont know when to stop.

looking forward to this round.

anyone have any ideas for match of the round?
i would have said aquinas vs rupertswood, but speaking to a mate recently who says that the rupertswood ground is in pathetic condition throws a doubt into my mind?

can anyone confirm or deny this?

Of the 6 teams (Ivanhoe, NOBs, Xavs, Rupo, OGs and Therry) battling for spots 2, 3 and 4 on the ladder, the only two who clash this week are NOBs and Therry. Obviously a very important game for both teams, if NOBs lose this game it is likely they will be out of the 4, but I think their height will get them over the line. Aquinas is clearly the team to beat in the comp and I think they will be too strong for Rupo. Ivanhoe and OGs should beat Fitzroy and Bernards comfortably. Xavs should be able to come home with the 4 points against Emmaus, however, Emmaus is certainly a better team than the ladder makes them out to be - maybe not a bad bet if can get good odds on sportsbet?
In summary:
NOBS
Aquinas
Ivanhoe
OGs
Xavs

Maxtor,

Pretty heavy stuff. I'll take note. I acknowledged the standard of game that the big fella played. I just find it unususal that he's not playing senior footy. As for the key players, who knows the availability of players for the next game. Who knows who'll play well. Get my drift. Sometimes having your best team counts for little.

will these apparent imaginary players be available against aquinas in a few weeks?

if they are of the quality you talk them up to be it may be quite a match

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back