U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello:)
I tip Ivanhoe to beat Old Xavs next week by 22 points.
Old Xavs when they don't have half the premier side aren't anything special, Ivanhoe on the other hand have a team full of drunks and smokers who can beat any team in this league if they put there head down. :thumbsu:

Xavs only had 3 players from the premier divison playing their first game in North (2)... we still won and thats all that counts.... that aquinas fan in the brown jacket is just as bad as the water boy from Rupo!!

North2 gets a taste of premier football

how was it boys? any feedback from Xavs vs Aquinas, Rupo vs Therry and mayb even bernards v st leo's?

bernards didnt do what other teams did dont you worry bout that. bernards are a good side who have alot of doubters it appears. there were three players that filled in only because a few players didnt rock up and had limited game time. the team is starting to click, if only they had the team at the start of the year they would be a major challenger. to be honest i think its a bit unfair and it abuses the system if xavs and rupo did drop their 1st side. however i do not think this is the case, maybe just a few handy inclusions. and to be honest im a bit disappointed aquinas lost, i was hoping bernards would be the first to beat them :p

Its interesting to see that both Rupo and Xavs won by so much in games touted to be close.

Did they have such good wins due to an influx of players from a higher grade by any chance?

Wouldn't say that the xavs 8 point win was the biggest margin i've seen. Was a bloody good game of footy
I think a few premiere players played in the game, but only one or two really stoud out in my eyes. The centre half back seemed a star.
Was good to have a loss, bit of an eye opener and makes us hungrier to get back on the winners list

Wouldn't say that the xavs 8 point win was the biggest margin i've seen. Was a bloody good game of footy
I think a few premiere players played in the game, but only one or two really stoud out in my eyes. The centre half back seemed a star.
Was good to have a loss, bit of an eye opener and makes us hungrier to get back on the winners list

Sounds like it was in stark contrast to the NOBS/OGs encounter. Must have been the lowest standard of footy played in the comp all year. NOBS very lucky that OGS were pretty well equally depleted as them. So gents, who's going to make up the four come September (late August)? Obviously Aquinas and Ivanhoe are pretty much there. With Rupo playing Aquinas this week, I think they can kiss their final aspirations good night. This leaves Xavs, Therry and NOBs to fight it out for two places. Looking at the fixture, i think Xavs will take one of these spots (Although they can consider themselves very lucky to sneak past aquinas with the help of the premier comp bye - those of you saying it didn't have an impact are living in a fantasy land) with the other spot to be decided at the John Pascoe Fawkner Reserve in a fortnight. I'm going to take a stab and say the top four will be as follows:

Aquinas
Ivanhoe
Xavs
Nobs

as a member of the aquinas team that lost out to xavs on the weekend, i must first say that our boys played a f**kin fantastic game given our circumstances...

while we cant deny that we lost our first game, and no excuses should be made, the fact our boys came so close with 1 on the bench (as opposed to 6) from the outset and finishing with 16 fit players, and missing 8 off the list, including 6 of our stars to ones duties, its a testament to the heart that the guys who some on this forum have written off as duds, showed.

from speaking to my opponent on the day, old xavs had at least 7 or 8 players come down from the premier division. it seems a similar result happened in the rupertswood game.

the aquinas boys can take heart in this loss because not only did we almost hand it to half a premier team, we will only get stronger, and regain half of our starting 22.

im looking forward to perhaps meeting old xaverians in the finals. Perhaps the tables will turn, when they have their North 2 side on the field, and not their Premier side.

You sound like a sore loser, who is clutching at excuses. I thought you said no excuses should be made??? Firstly 7 or 8 guys played yesterday who have played premier, but 6 of them are eligable to play come finals, because they have played the majority of games in the North 2 division. A couple of them were new faces, but these new guys hardly dominated, only one was in the best (3rd)

Missing 6 of your stars.... Fair enough. But look at who we were missing.
Mcmahon (62 goals) Henderson (Captain) Misaghian (Vice Captain) Grigg (Best on ground last week)

Then some of our best players who have been able to play games in the premier divison --> (Wilson, Schemberi, Gorman, Goss)

I too hope we meet you guys come finals (If we make it), because by then guys will be back from overseas, and over injuries to be able to play. The team will be signifigantly stronger with about 10 people able to walk in to the side.

Edit- Just looked at our team stats to see who would be leading our bf. At the moment the first four leading, who have featured the most times in the best are-
Mcmahon (5)
Woodland (5)
Henderson (4)
Misaghian (4)

All four were missing saturday. And three of them will be back to play ivanhoe this week, with Mcmahon back in 3. :thumbsu:

these guys played in the first xavs aquinas game yes? what was the outcome there?

i look forward to reading of the absolute drubbing that old xaverians are set to recieve at the hands of ivanhoe next week!

these guys played in the first xavs aquinas game yes? what was the outcome there?

i look forward to reading of the absolute drubbing that old xaverians are set to recieve at the hands of ivanhoe next week!

Yes they all played in the first game yet two of them didn't even manage to play full games after re-injuring themselves in the first quarter

Rupo were good. Therry were ordinary. Rupo won. No conspiracy, we didn't field our Premier team.

Robbo welcome back.... looking at your team they all seemed to have only played about half a dozen games in the twos.... something must of happened as you guys where very Sh*t against Old Xavs a couple of weeks back!!

Robbo welcome back.... looking at your team they all seemed to have only played about half a dozen games in the twos.... something must of happened as you guys where very Sh*t against Old Xavs a couple of weeks back!!

Well put. Invanhoe v Xavier this weekend should be a cracker 2nd v 3rd. Pitty i'm working as i would of got up early to watch this match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pfft although your going to get it handed to you on weekend..id wud be great for you guys to jump up the ladder

id love to see xavs vs aquinas in the finals..just to see if half way thru the first quarter you can retain your new found arrogance

I've been looking back on previous posts, and saw something interesting about the Rupo waterboy. Can someone give me some insight into this, as i had no problems with him when they played us.

pfft although your going to get it handed to you on weekend..id wud be great for you guys to jump up the ladder

id love to see xavs vs aquinas in the finals..just to see if half way thru the first quarter you can retain your new found arrogance

spare me u flog. Great win Xavs. Should have been a blow out. Aquinas pretty weak at the ball, hard at the man though (when their not looking). Felt good to put those dogs in their place. number 30- stand out for shittest bloke on the ground. As for all this about Xavs playing their premier players... only one of three got in the best and that was a questionable decision anyway.

I've been looking back on previous posts, and saw something interesting about the Rupo waterboy. Can someone give me some insight into this, as i had no problems with him when they played us.

Simple terms his a tool and is about 60 year olds he tries to start fights with 19 year olds in Melees. Had to hold back our captain from beating the total shit out of him

There trainer is just as bad... in the first match between Xavs n Rupo he punched one of the Xavs guys during a melee

Thanks MUF, combining full time work and study is hell.

I'll give you the good oil. Only two of the guys who played could be considered above this level and they needed some match practice after missing games recently. The rest, despite what they may think, are bona fides North (2) standard. The changes made didn't add up to 15 goals. Therry were terrible.

Xavs were lucky to catch the team they played the week before. Probably the weakest for the year (maybe the one fielded against Therry earlier in the year was as bad). What was the difference? 2-3 goals. That made Xavs slightly better than sh*t.

Finally, you and Bomber Bill have got to give up on the happenings the first time we played. It takes two to tango. If you can't. I can recommend a good therapist for you both. He's certainly helped me.

id love to see xavs vs aquinas in the finals..just to see if half way thru the first quarter you can retain your new found arrogance[/quote]

dw buddy xavs will have their arrogance right in place after, they beat the shit out of those soft ***** from Aquias.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back