U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

xavs lucky to come away with the victory yesterday..

was expecting quite a good performance seeing as how much they've been talked up recently, especially on here!
but that evidently wasn't the case, narrowly escaping the game with a victory

thoughts on ivanhoe v xaverians? should be close

was expecting quite a good performance seeing as how much they've been talked up recently, especially on here!

From wat i saw the xavs v therry game looked better than the aquinas v ivanhoe... i rate therry higher than both aquinas and ivanhoe considering they always planned on having senior players playing... Ivanhoe will have to do something big to overturn there performance on saturday to early in the week to talk bout the ivanhoe xavs game... thoughts ppl....

They came back from 6 goals down, id call that a pretty good performance

Having watched both games on the weekend I am very worried that this season way well turn into a one team show with the boys from Ringwood seemingly just fliking a switch to put ivanhoe away. Was dissapointed with the xavier game as i thought tey would be a massive threat and although they sowed they had a the ticker to come back there are still some questions to be asked. Can someone tell me the situation with mcmhaon, chubby number 11 cossi i think and youseff who i would have thought would all be in the best 24 players and yet were not seen on the weekend for xavier ? if all three were to come back it would make for a tough task for Ivanhoe. Ivanhoe I have to say were impressive for three quaters and looked to match it with teh best team in the comp and the look such a better tema with their skipper back in the line up. It should be an interesting game next week would love to hear others thoughts on it.
cheers

From wat i saw the xavs v therry game looked better than the aquinas v ivanhoe... i rate therry higher than both aquinas and ivanhoe considering they always planned on having senior players playing... Ivanhoe will have to do something big to overturn there performance on saturday to early in the week to talk bout the ivanhoe xavs game... thoughts ppl....

Well what an obtuse comment by The MUF, how could you rate a team higher than the top 3 teams that "always planned on having senior players playing" when they were knocked out in the first final and didn't beat the top two teams all year???

The game was nothing special on the weekend from Therry, blew a 6 goal lead to let Old Xavs home.

Aquanis took 3 and a bit quarters to get over the line but when they did they kicked 6 quick goals to make it a comfortable win

Having watched both games on the weekend I am very worried that this season way well turn into a one team show with the boys from Ringwood seemingly just fliking a switch to put ivanhoe away. Was dissapointed with the xavier game as i thought tey would be a massive threat and although they sowed they had a the ticker to come back there are still some questions to be asked. Can someone tell me the situation with mcmhaon, chubby number 11 cossi i think and youseff who i would have thought would all be in the best 24 players and yet were not seen on the weekend for xavier ? if all three were to come back it would make for a tough task for Ivanhoe. Ivanhoe I have to say were impressive for three quaters and looked to match it with teh best team in the comp and the look such a better tema with their skipper back in the line up. It should be an interesting game next week would love to hear others thoughts on it.
cheers

The skipper is still out with a hammy. The CHF is not the skipper. But your right he does make a difference.

Right so will he be playing this weekend I am hoping so in order to make it a great contest? Also any news on the xavier players i mentioned?
Cosgrave and McMahon played ones against Scotch. Cosgrave a huge chance this week, Macca unlikely.

Youseff was unlucky to miss out but should come in for Clancy who has unfortunately been ruled out for the rest of the season.

Some big ins for the Xavs though and no doubt Ivanhoe will be worried knowing that a weaker Xavier team ran over the top of them only three weeks ago.

the xavs close game on the weekend didn't help the coaches hairline is all im saying.

matt wilson is the stealthy superstar of the side. underestimate his piercings and his hair and u will be destroyed by his lethal right foot which trains once a week on a thursday night when he necks googas.

Cosgrave and McMahon played ones against Scotch. Cosgrave a huge chance this week, Macca unlikely.

Youseff was unlucky to miss out but should come in for Clancy who has unfortunately been ruled out for the rest of the season.

Some big ins for the Xavs though and no doubt Ivanhoe will be worried knowing that a weaker Xavier team ran over the top of them only three weeks ago.

Why did cosgrave and mcmahon play in the ones from what i have seen they have been 2 of your best forwards? clancy seems a big out if i remeber right he killed ivanhoe when you guys ran ovethem in the seconf half that right?

Why did cosgrave and mcmahon play in the ones from what i have seen they have been 2 of your best forwards? clancy seems a big out if i remeber right he killed ivanhoe when you guys ran ovethem in the seconf half that right?
Both were coming back from injury.

Clancy is a big out and his pace will be missed, but the players to come in will be more than capable.

I think the boys at Hoe park will welcome the challenge of playing against a side that is half full of ex-ones players. They (hoes) are a young team who have played together all year and know that as the Xavs team failed in premier div. that many of them would return come finals in the lower division.

It's going to be a great opportunity for the Hoes boys to test themselves against some good quality players from Xavs.

Shame for the young guys who miss out for Xavs who have played all year in their twos team.

Worried - No
Excited - Yes.

Go Hoes!!

Chump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the boys at Hoe park will welcome the challenge of playing against a side that is half full of ex-ones players. They (hoes) are a young team who have played together all year and know that as the Xavs team failed in premier div. that many of them would return come finals in the lower division.

It's going to be a great opportunity for the Hoes boys to test themselves against some good quality players from Xavs.

Shame for the young guys who miss out for Xavs who have played all year in their twos team.

Worried - No
Excited - Yes.

Go Hoes!!

Chump.

Wish this was the grand final match. Should be a cracker match and hopefully be a kick in it in the end.

this saturday xavier v ivanhoe will be more tense than the grand final, and more or less the biggest game all year.

ivanhoe have a history of perfoming under pressure, and havnt lost 2 games in a row all year.. will be scathing for a win this week

but given the history, will be a very close game

Sounds interesting I reckon its going to be an awsome game. Would be great if someone could post the respective teams up when they are announced weather it be firday or thursday. My tip for this game is at the moment Ivanhoe providing that they get their skipper back number 13 and that the xavs still have injury concerns apparently with their forwards so it will be the boys from the hoe by 8 points in my opinion thoughts?

Sounds interesting I reckon its going to be an awsome game. Would be great if someone could post the respective teams up when they are announced weather it be firday or thursday. My tip for this game is at the moment Ivanhoe providing that they get their skipper back number 13 and that the xavs still have injury concerns apparently with their forwards so it will be the boys from the hoe by 8 points in my opinion thoughts?

Is going to be a great game, and I can't wait to get out there and see it. Should be a tough, uncompromising game of football. Despite Xav's having to come from behind last weekend against Therry I reckon they might just hold the psychological edge over the Hoes. Xav's will need to start well, and the Hoes need to work out what's going on in their last quarters. Could truly be a game of two halves. Tough one to pick but i'm going with Xav's by 13 (unlucky for some)

Amazing game, Ivanhoe. Trailing by 19 points at 3/4 time and had only kicked 2 goals to that stage. - won by 13 points. 6.5 to 1.3 in the last quarter.

thats a big result. was there a wind? i thought xavs were a big shot for the flag. oh well good for footy. should make an interesting gf. i know i will be there, not sure who i will be supporting though.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back