U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Whose 7 from Xavier? Xavs are looking like a shoe in for Grand Final victory. Pure dedication, i've seen these kents on the track, they are still doing 400's even now. Not only that the whole team showed how tough they are with serial beatdowns/ UFC at "alcolympics" on saturday. I would bet my family they will walk away with the victory or at least kill some people trying. If you don't believe me just look at Schembri...

haha schembri is a roided up lunatic
good kid tho.
hoes for the premiership

I find it hard to go past Aquinas for the flag, but think Xavs will be their only rival. NOBS will be looking to go out with a bang, hoping to knock off Ivanhoe, so IF that does happen then their spirits could be dampened.

I can't see the 4 changing too much though, unless some big margins are produced..

there will be some big surprises for the comp if therry make the finals, mark my words, very big surprises...especially if a blueos rocks up with the meatdog in it, look out

Okay final weeks tips:

OGS v Fitzroy- This will be a close one and im going with OGS to finally win another game - OGS by 14
Bernards v Xavs- Xavs to win this and grap second spot and a second chance - Xavs by 25
NOBS v Ivanhoe- Match of the round... NOBS to win at home and finish the season off in style and for ivanhoe to lose 2nd spot - NOBS by 30
Aquinas v Therry- Aquinas to be to strong - Aquinas by 40
Emmaus v Rupo- This match is all bout pride - Rupo by 18

Final Ladder:

Aquinas 68
Xavs 50
Ivanhoe 46
Therry 40
------------
Rupo 40
NOBS 40
OGS 28
Bernards 26
Emmaus 18
Fitzroy 4

Okay final weeks tips:

OGS v Fitzroy- This will be a close one and im going with OGS to finally win another game - OGS by 14
Bernards v Xavs- Xavs to win this and grap second spot and a second chance - Xavs by 25
NOBS v Ivanhoe- Match of the round... NOBS to win at home and finish the season off in style and for ivanhoe to lose 2nd spot - NOBS by 30
Aquinas v Therry- Aquinas to be to strong - Aquinas by 40
Emmaus v Rupo- This match is all bout pride - Rupo by 18

Final Ladder:

Aquinas 68
Xavs 50
Ivanhoe 46
Therry 40
------------
Rupo 40
NOBS 40
OGS 28
Bernards 26
Emmaus 18
Fitzroy 4

OGS
Xavs
Ivanhoe
Aquinas
Rupo

Ladder:

Aquinas 68
Ivanhoe 50
Xavs 50
Therry 40
------------
Rupo 40
NOBS 40
OGS 28
Bernards 26
Emmaus 18
Fitzroy 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last post?

The season is almost over for six teams and it seems that Rupo is one of them. It's a shame because I think Rupo would be a worthy finalist.

What went wrong?

The loss to St Leos was costly.

It appears that percentage will be the difference between 4th,5th and maybe 6th. The lop sided draw cost Rupo a second crack at Fitzroy Reds and percentage.

What needs to happen this weekend? A big win for Rupo and a big loss for Therry. Therry is capable of losing by a large margin away from home. Away form hasn't been the best and Therry play the top team. I saw Therry throw in the towel against Rupo about a month ago and lose by 15 goals. Aquinas is a better team than Rupo so Therry will be nervous about Saturday. No hope of winning so its all about the margin. Aquinas will win by more than 15 goals.

Rupo will win against St Leos and by a comfortable margin.

It's not over until some fat guy from Old Xav sings.

Go Rupo.

The last post?

The season is almost over for six teams and it seems that Rupo is one of them. It's a shame because I think Rupo would be a worthy finalist.

What went wrong?

It appears that percentage will be the difference between 4th,5th and maybe 6th. The lop sided draw cost Rupo a second crack at Fitzroy Reds and percentage.

What needs to happen this weekend? A big win for Rupo and a big loss for Therry. Therry is capable of losing by a large margin away from home. Away form hasn't been the best and Therry play the top team. I saw Therry throw in the towel against Rupo about a month ago and lose by 15 goals. Aquinas is a better team than Rupo so Therry will be nervous about Saturday. No hope of winning so its all about the margin. Aquinas will win by more than 15 goals.

Go Rupo.

As much as it kills me to say it, unfortunately you COULD be right. Very bias opinion, but i guess you're allowed to have it.

I think that we also have a very slim chance of making it. Look out for a big win by the boys this week. Quite possibly the only week out of 18 that we will be able to field a full side. It's a shame, because along with Rupo, Robbo, we also missed some opportunities throughout the season. I guess it puts everything into perspective when looking in hindsight.

The last post?

What went wrong?

Go Rupo.

just on that you wouldnt say you guys dropped a number of premier players back that round? would say therry were abit unlucky to run into you guys that round seeing as they steam rolled you guys earlier in the year - in the same round Xavs beat aquinas obviously due to the bye in premier div

lets not kid ourselves rupo can certainly still make it(they'll drop players from the ones because they are goners and try their best to win by 30goals) - but they would do no damage in september without good qualified players

whereas therry after this week have the luxury of gaining a few very large inclusions, possibly a certain meatdog

some good games of football this round even though the final four is set.
og should get up over fitzroy
bernards in a close one over xavs
ivanhoe comfortably over nobs
aquinas too good for therry
rupo very easily over leos

As much as it kills me to say it, unfortunately you COULD be right. Very bias opinion, but i guess you're allowed to have it.

I think that we also have a very slim chance of making it. Look out for a big win by the boys this week. Quite possibly the only week out of 18 that we will be able to field a full side. It's a shame, because along with Rupo, Robbo, we also missed some opportunities throughout the season. I guess it puts everything into perspective when looking in hindsight.

For Rupo to make it they need to beat StLeos by 20 goals and for Therry to lose by 12 goals.

It will be a miracle if it occurs

just on that you wouldnt say you guys dropped a number of premier players back that round? would say therry were abit unlucky to run into you guys that round seeing as they steam rolled you guys earlier in the year - in the same round Xavs beat aquinas obviously due to the bye in premier div

lets not kid ourselves rupo can certainly still make it(they'll drop players from the ones because they are goners and try their best to win by 30goals) - but they would do no damage in september without good qualified players

whereas therry after this week have the luxury of gaining a few very large inclusions, possibly a certain meatdog

Mike,

I turned up to the match today with some hope. My hopes were quickly dashed when I realised that the premier team took players for the match against Uni Blacks. The final result, Rupo won by less than a goal, reflected a team that felt robbed of an opportunity.

Well done and good luck to the teams contesting the finals.

As for those involved with the second u19 team at Rupo, well done. 10 wins for the season is a great effort.

After yesterdays results and watching the ivanhoe nobs game there is really only 2 teams atm that can win the flag - aquinas n xavs... ivanhoe won easy yet it was a very bad game of footy and could of easily gone nobs way had they not broken down everytime they went foward... i think these longer qtrs starting next week will also hurt ivanhoe and also aquinas... both teams struggle with 23 min qtr let alone up to 30 min qtrs... wat do people think

So it looks like Ivanhoe and Aquinas will be going through to North 1 next year, provided no unexpected grand final appearances from xavs or therry occur. Old Essendon and St. Damians will be joining us down in North 2. Which teams will fire in 2009?

Finals Eligability

U/19 - Where a club is represented in a match in the finals of the senior grade or reserve gradeon the same day or same weekend the 6 match provision shall not apply

where a club has two under 19 teams a player must not have played more than 10matches eith the u/19 (1) side to play in the (2) team

i reckon we might see the best two teams in the competition play in the 1st semi going on that

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back