U18 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a very high standard and physical game and there was nothing really between the two teams. Both teams will be damn hard to beat again from what I saw.

thats suprising i was expecting altona to struggle this year.
who r there standouts cause the willy players they picked up arent all that flash to be honest. so they must hav a few good players?

thats suprising i was expecting altona to struggle this year.
who r there standouts cause the willy players they picked up arent all that flash to be honest. so they must hav a few good players?

to say that u must be some hero superstar? HCFC???
werribee and altona's game showed that they should be easily top two and to hear about the other teams i dont think they will show as good of quality as these two. maybe hoppers? all i kno is its too early to determine stand outs as many players still havent picked up match fitness.

werribee and altona's game showed that they should be easily top two and to hear about the other teams i dont think they will show as good of quality as these two. maybe hoppers? all i kno is its too early to determine stand outs as many players still havent picked up match fitness.

im just sayin i thought altona wouldnt be great cause they lost most of the older boys frm last yr?
to hard to tell how teams will go this early anyway.
very even this year..

anyways bout the willy players, only stating the truth mate. nothin special.

anyways bout the willy players, only stating the truth mate. nothin special.

lol and thats fair enuff every1 has there opinions so then i might aswell quote the obvious that ur tryin to say is that teams in this league are getting shiter and shiter because every team loses there older guns?? thats how ur soundin to me? so then wouldnt i as an outsider think wezza are shit to as they wud of lost players to old nd in jets to play in the 18's??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ok who were the stand outs in the werribee altona match ? and also who stood out for spotswood in there match against lara

Jack Gialamatizis starred at full back for spotswood. Dan Davis was also good in return after a year off. Fogarty played well in the first half before playing reserves. Also new players in Matt Taylor and the Raymond brothers stood out. Otherwise no real standouts, but everyone showed a bit. Good hitout though with 4 of the starting 18 out.

Less than a week until the season and no official release of a fixture??
WRFL - Suspense builders or lazy?

lol and thats fair enuff every1 has there opinions so then i might aswell quote the obvious that ur tryin to say is that teams in this league are getting shiter and shiter because every team loses there older guns?? thats how ur soundin to me? so then wouldnt i as an outsider think wezza are shit to as they wud of lost players to old nd in jets to play in the 18's??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

if u sed that bout werribee i wuld agree with u. thats y i sed its gonna be very even, wezza wont be a standout like other years.

Werribee and Altona definately wont be the powers they once were.
For the first time in a while the A's comp will be wide open this year..

I'll make an early statement and tip Sam Wood for the league B+F.
Playing as a 3rd year at spotty, will dominate!

so u dont think wezza and altona wont be the powers
wat because they have lost alot of there players from last year
both them teams will make the top 4 just watch them go this year
altona look very good considering they lost all those players:rolleyes:

i didnt say they wuldnt make top 4 they will cause no other teams will push em other then hoppers nd maybe willy.
not as strong as previous years thats all.

Come on mate i'm pretty sure i made that comment about 2-3 months ago when werribee were struggling for numbers and one of Altona's favourite sons told me they'd be no good.
I've since changed my tone, i was there for the last quarter yesterday and it was a very high standard.
I'll continue to say werribee will be the team to beat as they had a few players on the sidelines, but i was suprised by altona.

Wyndham Vale got up in a scrap fight at Albion. Both teams have a far way to go to compete with wezza and altona, but it's still early days.
Couple of young guys played well for us and skipper Aaron fleming will really have a presence about him this year.

Anybody know when fixtures are released?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu: thats true, altona will be the team to beat this year. Werribee is losing to many players to jets, while Altona is getting players from other clubs, while on losing two to jets! Wezza will struggle with what they have to compete against altonas outfit, their midfield is meant to be one of the bst they have had, even better then last years!
this is the roumors that i have heard, can anyone comfirm or tell me the actuall truth about ALtona team and midfield this year???

i was at the altona game and i noticed when number 1 and a few other boys kicked a goal they did the a.v sign.. wat tossers.. they are absolute ******s who deserve to get there head kicked in.. just wonderin wat ur opinion on the topic is???

i was at the altona game and i noticed when number 1 and a few other boys kicked a goal they did the a.v sign.. wat tossers.. they are absolute ******s who deserve to get there head kicked in.. just wonderin wat ur opinion on the topic is???

why would you reply that to what i wrote =S
it has nothing to do with anythin.......?

but since you brang it up i may aswell reply to it,
i rekon it is allright if they do a.v after a goal, it just happens, unlike anyother club, that they can do an easy hand singal... werribee tigers, cant do it.. willi seugalls cant do it.. hoppers crossin cant do it.. spotty can do it...
altona can. big deal.

if thats your only opinion on a match between the grand finalists of last year, then you should stop posting.

I saw the Altona v Werribee game and it seemed like both teams had plenty more to offer with the skills on both sides not up to scratch.
Werribee looks to have just a little more depth in the backline and forward line, but both midfields are top rate.
Altona's first quarter blew away werribees with a 5 or 6 goal quarter with plenty of clearances but they let werribee control the next three quarters, werribee kept altona in the game by the amount of turnovers across their forward fifty.
Will be good to see both with full strength teams.

BIGBOY why u upset for poor kiddo dont like people showin some fun nd pride for there team ur the only tosser mate who u play for ??? so wen we vs u ill make sure the whole team does it ?? does that sound GOOD TO YOUUUUUU? lol where u goin with that head seriously? and head kicked in??? lol ill fuc**en kick ur head in coc**hea**** if u dont like it get fuc**** rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

BIGBOY why u upset for poor kiddo dont like people showin some fun nd pride for there team ur the only tosser mate who u play for ??? so wen we vs u ill make sure the whole team does it ?? does that sound GOOD TO YOUUUUUU? lol where u goin with that head seriously? and head kicked in??? lol ill fuc**en kick ur head in coc**hea**** if u dont like it get fuc**** rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

:thumbsu:

I saw the Altona v Werribee game and it seemed like both teams had plenty more to offer with the skills on both sides not up to scratch.
Werribee looks to have just a little more depth in the backline and forward line, but both midfields are top rate.
Altona's first quarter blew away werribees with a 5 or 6 goal quarter with plenty of clearances but they let werribee control the next three quarters, werribee kept altona in the game by the amount of turnovers across their forward fifty.
Will be good to see both with full strength teams.
A relatively accurate assessment from what I saw too, Cotchin. Altona's first quarter was first rate kicking five goals to zip. i also agree that Werribee in the end had a little more depth but i also think that they had more options through the midfield. Werribee's defence was under seige in the first quarter mainly through Altona's centre clearances. Zac Segger is a much improved player as is big Mitch Clement (i hope I have the right name - he is the ruckman). Both teams played some guys out position to either expiriment or bluff?? Altona wouldnt have too many more players to come back in i wouldnt have thougt whereas it appears the werribee team may have a few to come back. Far better game than the Hoppers - Willy game the week before but the real stuff starts this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back