U18 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Werribee beat rupo in a praccy on saturday by 2 goals with 6 good players missing and no bench.

Kevin Junker kicked 3 first half goals from outside 50 fifty comfortably guiding the Tigers to a 2 goal win against last years premiers rupo with a team depleted with no bench tigers definitely for the flag

Has someone changed the title of the thread to trash talk & self congratulation or are you guys just in the wrong place?

Poor form today from OC, not lining up to take part in unfurling ceremony for Rupo's 2010 flag. :thumbsdown:

That is crap. Lemms. It was a regrettable mistake due to the OC side still struggling to organise a side due to missing players (hence playing with only 18) and misunderstanding instructions as to when the unfurling of the flag was to take place. Absolutely no intention was meant. Ask your President and U18 coach who were given profuse apologies, who accepted them with the expected grace and understanding.
Rupertswood are yet again the benchmark for U18 football and they are an absolute credit as a team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the big 4 you must be implying rupo, werribee, willy and oakleigh...?

1. theres no such thing as a big 4, mark my words there is one clear standout...

2. i think you're over-rating your own team, 1 game and you only beat OC by 100? they lost to st johns.......

3. in that case i wouldn't be discounting st bernards, beat therry by 160 whereas oakleigh only beat them by 50 odd..... same goes for uhs-vu, who will compete with both rupo and oakleigh

By the big 4 you must be implying rupo, werribee, willy and oakleigh...?

1. theres no such thing as a big 4, mark my words there is one clear standout...

2. i think you're over-rating your own team, 1 game and you only beat OC by 100? they lost to st johns.......

3. in that case i wouldn't be discounting st bernards, beat therry by 160 whereas oakleigh only beat them by 50 odd..... same goes for uhs-vu, who will compete with both rupo and oakleigh

I guess time will tell on all points my friend

Well Mindy, both 7/8 so far. OC let us both down last week.
Can't wait for Rnd 3, all games look super competitive with the Big 4 all playing each other. Bring it on !
Yeh Lemms, good to see St Johns get up though heard they were 50/50 about getting a team up in March. How come Rupo didnt get a 19s up after last years flag ?

Yeh Lemms, good to see St Johns get up though heard they were 50/50 about getting a team up in March. How come Rupo didnt get a 19s up after last years flag ?

The club conducted a think tank a couple of years back when we had a U19 Nth & U19 Prem sides at the same time and the consensus between, players, coaches, commitee & parents was the jump from our U16 teams to U19 Nth was massive, particularly for some of the slightly built lads that potentially front up against mature 20 yo bodies on a weekly basis.
Players were also sick of playing up to 4 years of U19 footy before progressing into the senior ranks which I guess is where we all aspire to play. I think you'll find there are 3 or four from last years side playing snrs at present and the remainder are in the reserves and U18 sides - a really positive retention rate. It's a really difficult age and the more you can keep in the game the better.

Remove this Banner Ad

U18 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back