U18 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to werribee bout time you walked the walk and what's happened to bernies bit of a late year collapse

what did I tell you lads we are the best team in the comp and willy are just pretendirs. willy lads to busy talking it up on bigfooty and they cant back it up like me and kev

what did I tell you lads we are the best team in the comp and willy are just pretendirs. willy lads to busy talking it up on bigfooty and they cant back it up like me and kev

You can't say your the best untill you beat the best and you haven't beaten the best this season yet

If Willi are pretenders, then you only beat the pretenders so how can you be the best side in the comp? You lost to Oakleigh and Rupo so that makes you third best atm. Will be a good finals series and don't expect willi to go past the first one. So you didn't beat much on the weekend did you?

Just out of interest, which side plays the most 19's in their 18's team.

If Willi are pretenders, then you only beat the pretenders so how can you be the best side in the comp? You lost to Oakleigh and Rupo so that makes you third best atm. Will be a good finals series and don't expect willi to go past the first one. So you didn't beat much on the weekend did you?

Just out of interest, which side plays the most 19's in their 18's team.

I would like to bet my house that Willi get passed the first round of finals Sir Checkside

Me and My Grizzle Attitude went down and had a look at willy and werribee hit it out , i was shocked to see a different look willy out on the ground , yet to my surprise they got that jump on the tigers..
yet the tigers i personally think with there home ground advantage , bought it home....

People will say that the home ground advantage is a bullshit statement , Fair enough , allow me to tell you why:

- Like all decent sides they can obviously play the ground better then other teams..

- More support clearly... and on the topic of supporters this brings my 3rd reason and me and my grizzle will really come out...

- The language from the werribee fans was bloody disgraceful... this wasnt come from just the under 19 team who were to follow the game , this was coming from older woman and men also , who would make insults such as " LOSE SOME WEIGHT " , " GO TO A GYM FATTY" , all remarks were clearly directed at the bigger boy at full foward for williamstown , and may i add a fine player he was...

i even heard a plump mother decked out in her werribee clothing say " You so fat that when you back up, I hear a beeping sound" .

shocking behaviour from werribee , to me it over shadows such a good day for Werribee..

Take a good look at yourself Werribee , and Please i am not labeling all but some of you.... TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK....

GRRRRR-IZZLLEEEE

Grizzle, as much as the banter on here is ridiculous. If you can't handle banter from opposition supporters, go and watch lawn bowls.

At least the werribee supporters care enough to be vocal, even if it is misguided.

Grizzle, as much as the banter on here is ridiculous. If you can't handle banter from opposition supporters, go and watch lawn bowls.

At least the werribee supporters care enough to be vocal, even if it is misguided.

Yeah well misguided is a nice way to put it. If it happened the way Grizzle put it then it's just feral banter towards a kid. Pretty funny if those so called adults were chewing on their third hotdog after a McDonalds breakfast.
Likely story.

Rune
Willi won't get past the first round, they aren't good enough. Saturdays result showed it but I didn't see the game. Won't be convinced until we see a willi person on here telling us who they were missing on the weekend. If Tigers4me says they are pretenders then it must be true.:rolleyes:

Yeah well misguided is a nice way to put it. If it happened the way Grizzle put it then it's just feral banter towards a kid. Pretty funny if those so called adults were chewing on their third hotdog after a McDonalds breakfast.
Likely story.

Rune
Willi won't get past the first round, they aren't good enough. Saturdays result showed it but I didn't see the game. Won't be convinced until we see a willi person on here telling us who they were missing on the weekend. If Tigers4me says they are pretenders then it must be true.:rolleyes:

Your location says hoppers. Go down there on a Saturday and listen to them!

These "kids" are 18 years old or there abouts". If they cannot cop banter from the crowd, play lawn bowls. Senior footy beckons for these boys. They are old enough to drive, they are old enough to think they are bulletproof, then that age group, should be able to take it.

This world has gone soft very fast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your location says hoppers. Go down there on a Saturday and listen to them!

These "kids" are 18 years old or there abouts". If they cannot cop banter from the crowd, play lawn bowls. Senior footy beckons for these boys. They are old enough to drive, they are old enough to think they are bulletproof, then that age group, should be able to take it.

This world has gone soft very fast

Been there, have seen it and been on the receiving end of it. Nothing unusual or intelligent. Nothing to do with soft but have never been able to cop middle aged patrons going the old 'fat' or other prejudiced jibes at a footy match where 14-16 year olds are playing. Especially when they are parents. The kid must have copped it sweet coz he booted 6. May be an age thing in this case.

Likely story.

Rune

If you did the correct research then your opinion of williamstown going out of the finals in 'straight sets' would be valid :thumbsu:

Fair enough , but i just think if its coming from fellow players , cop it on the chin , or the big fella is gonna come after you , but when its parents who are 45 plus , Making themselves feel better by calling a kid fat just because they made the poor choice to buy a house in Werribee a few years back..

now please excuse me for firing up... im just having a

GRRRRR-ZZLEEEEE

If you did the correct research then your opinion of williamstown going out of the finals in 'straight sets' would be valid :thumbsu:

Wit you rune just had a look at ladders and fixtures if willy lose which the teams they play they shouldn't lose oakleigh will finish 2nd but willy win there percentage far to great for oakleigh to beat

1st rupo
2nd willy
3rd krushers
4th werribee

The only way I can be convinced otherwise is if they have a few very good players to come in. They've played the top 4 recently and been beaten. Rupo and Oakleigh beat them by a couple of kicks (Oakleigh twice) and Werribee gave them a hiding on their ground. They will go out in straight sets, can't see the form changing.

So do they have a few to come back? Spill it!

The only way I can be convinced otherwise is if they have a few very good players to come in. They've played the top 4 recently and been beaten. Rupo and Oakleigh beat them by a couple of kicks (Oakleigh twice) and Werribee gave them a hiding on their ground. They will go out in straight sets, can't see the form changing.

So do they have a few to come back? Spill it!

I never tried convincing you otherwise, i was just stating that willi were always gonna go passed the first round because it is very very likely we'll finish second, getting a second chance... therefore it would be straight sets

And in terms of having players come back in, unfortunately we have nothing too big... just a wingmen and a small back (i wish we had some big names to bring back)
We still have hope we can turn our poor form around by the end of the season
Anything can happen in football

I never tried convincing you otherwise, i was just stating that willi were always gonna go passed the first round because it is very very likely we'll finish second, getting a second chance... therefore it would be straight sets

And in terms of having players come back in, unfortunately we have nothing too big... just a wingmen and a small back (i wish we had some big names to bring back)

I see, I obviously didn't look at the table properly to see that Willi couldn't lose second spot. Anyhow sorry Rune, will be two losses and out if a wingman and a small back is all to come back. By all accounts, the other top 4 sides have beaten you all over the ground apart from full back on saturday. A good season in a new league though.

Clearly Williamstown have been playing games.. but a risky game at that. putting a double chance on the line... i do think in my opinion that there are many quality players to return from tac cup and school commitments

just my opinion but cause im having a bit of grrrrrr

IZZZLEEEE

I see, I obviously didn't look at the table properly to see that Willi couldn't lose second spot. Anyhow sorry Rune, will be two losses and out if a wingman and a small back is all to come back. By all accounts, the other top 4 sides have beaten you all over the ground apart from full back on saturday. A good season in a new league though.

You speak like there season is already over...

speaking of Williamstown , Flemington will host them this week at Visy Park..
should be exciting for both teams involved

Clearly Williamstown have been playing games.. but a risky game at that. putting a double chance on the line... i do think in my opinion that there are many quality players to return from tac cup and school commitments

just my opinion but cause im having a bit of grrrrrr

IZZZLEEEE

whoever you are i dont think it works trying to scare the league saying that there are tac cup players and boys who've been playing for school coming back for willi....

whoever you are i dont think it works trying to scare the league saying that there are tac cup players and boys who've been playing for school coming back for willi....

mmm i agree with this muppet for a change.. willy have no depth compaired to the other clubs..
they dont have a 19s team like most other clubs.
what u see with willy is what your gonna get..

You speak like there season is already over...

speaking of Williamstown , Flemington will host them this week at Visy Park..
should be exciting for both teams involved

Yep my tip is that Rupo will take it out but think that if an upset was to occur, Oakleigh are most likely to cause it. Willi were good early but with no 19's to drop down, have struggled and will struggle. That's unless they do have TAC and private school players ready to come back. Werribee may make the big dance but it won't be played on their yellow patch.

Remove this Banner Ad

U18 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back