U18 Championships Final Day - Skilled Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see a thread for this, and wanted to get some ideas/thoughts on some players from the more educated posters here.

First half over in the Vic Metro vs WA game, and it's close at half time. (VM up by a point)

Standout players so far;

Vic Metro;

Watson
Caddy
Harper
Liberatore
Barden

WA;

Darling
Andreoli
Conignlioni

Sorry for spelling mistakes.:eek::D

Anyone else watching?

Can't watch the game, can someone tell me how Young (23) and Marchbank (ruckman) for VM are going?
Didn't see a lot of Young early, but I'll keep an eye out for him in the 2nd half.

Marchbank has been the back up ruck, or at least I think that's him.

Will keep an eye for both of them in the 2nd half.

Oh, and by the way Jim Buckley's boy looks good, although he's small (not eligible till 2011 draft, already committed to Carlton).

Kieran Harper's stocks going up by the minute, would have to be a first rounder now, 3 great goals in the final Champs match, basically he's the most influential player on the ground.

Didn't see a lot of Young early, but I'll keep an eye out for him in the 2nd half.

Marchbank has been the back up ruck, or at least I think that's him.

Will keep an eye for both of them in the 2nd half.

Oh, and by the way Jim Buckley's boy looks good, although he's small (not eligible till 2011 draft, already committed to Carlton).

Thanks a lot!

Yeah Young has had a bit of hype about him, some were expecting a first rounder. Struggled a bit last week in wet consitions but he's a good size.

Marchbank hasn't been playing footy for long IIRC so I doubt he will get drafted, Maybe a rookie. I think he is the 3rd ruckman with the no. 1 ruck missing through injury.

Yeah, Dylan's pretty slight at the minute but he should fill out. Not expecting much from him as a bottom ager but he has shown a bit. Last friday at Visy Park against NT he looked quite good with a good combination of speed and skill off HBF. If you could give me a few notes on his game aswell that would be fantastic!

How's the free kick count, VM = 20, WA = 5, even the small WA reps in the crowd are upset.

Young had a few little touches that quarter, playing basically as the CHF it seems, went off for the blood rule there.

Marchbank was used down back for a while there, as the other VM ruckman is dominating.

High quality game though, I think it seems quicker and more skilled then in years past, although maybe that's just perception.

If VM can hold on here, they still have a "slight chance" of getting the title, but would need SA to beat Vic Country in the final game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's the free kick count, VM = 20, WA = 5, even the small WA reps in the crowd are upset.

Young had a few little touches that quarter, playing basically as the CHF it seems, went off for the blood rule there.

Marchbank was used down back for a while there, as the other VM ruckman is dominating.

High quality game though, I think it seems quicker and more skilled then in years past, although maybe that's just perception.

If VM can hold on here, they still have a "slight chance" of getting the title, but would need SA to beat Vic Country in the final game.

The games I have seen have been great to watch, high level of skill and precision. Wouldn't suprise me if it went up a level today. There are some very good users of the footy in both teams.

Metro win;

74-55, 19 point win.

All that means is Vic Country have to win to get the title, if SA win it comes down to percentage between all 3 teams.

Harley Bennell had one moment of brilliance in that last quarter that showed why he is a guaranteed GC player next year, although the comparisons to Daniel Wells have to be of some concern.

Impressive kids in that lot, can't wait for next game, Caddy looks the goods too.

Remove this Banner Ad

U18 Championships Final Day - Skilled Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back