WAFL Grand Final, All 3 Grades Watch Party, Comments, Sun Sep 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucas Ravenhill just been a good target pairing with Curtin. Angove and Davis have been well below their usual selves. Clancy Dennis has been very steady down back and a good hitout between Riddle and Smith in the ruck.

Boxshall has had a lot of the ball around stoppages getting first hand but needs to find a good balance with his outside game. Sibosado and Hayes I feel have been the most damaging players so far despite winning less of the ball than Boxshall
Agree with all that.

I've admired the efforts of Finn Taylor down back for Swans. Listed as 187cm. He's outsized but is spoiling and hassling. A bit of rebound also with 10 disposals. Jamie Sidebootom (SD) is built like a brick ** *** and is also helping out down back. Note his thumping kicks.

Hamish Davis (CL) has woken up and is now on 20 disposals.

Hugh Boxshall (CL) on 27

Clancy Dennis (CL) superb in defence

Aiden Riddle (CL) doing a power of work in the ruck and around the ground. 15 disposals, 5 marks, 24 hit outs and beating Evan Smith (SD)

Otis Harvey (SD) 14, Luke Cotellessa (SD) 13, Lucas Andrews (SD) and Ned Reiger (SD) - both with tremendous pace.

3/4 time
CL 7.13
SD 5.2

Overseas atm and no luck with 7plus stream so I've been listening to sportfm radio.

Claremont too strong in the second half, statistically very dominant.
Such a shame channel 7 don't allow worldwide viewers. For the life of me I can't figure it out. Viewers whether online or on TV are people who see ads.

Hamish Davis (CL) wins the colts grand final BOG medal

Time now for the league. I'm going to try and sync up the sportfm radio coverage with the channel 7 stream.

Hopefully Bo Allan (PT) has a good game

Thoughts on the Colts Grand Final: It was a good game - probably better than the scoreboard suggests. Unfortunately Claremont were just stronger on nearly every line. As others have said, when Hamish Davis (playing in the centre of the ground most of the time) woke up in the third and fourth quarters it was over; by my count he had at least 4 goal assists and really drove Claremont's attacking forays, ending up with 30 possessions (edit - I see that he has just won the BOG medal). Hayes, Angove, Sibosadao also provided run on the outside and just constantly pummelling the Swans defence, whilst Boxshall influenced from the centre of the ground with 30 possessions.

Swans tried hard around the ball and I thought often put in more effort; Kelly and Contellessa were standouts for mine around the ball. I also think Cathcart at various points showed he has something that may be of interest at an AFL level (he kicked two goals) but at the end of the day Claremont's defence led by Dennis were just too good at intercepting.

In terms of the underagers, Lucas Ravenhill really stood out both physically (apparently he is around 199cm) and metaphorically, kicking three goals and always looking like a tall problem in the forward line - he reminded me of games from Gold Coast player Jed Walter. Curtin, unlike his brother is a more beefy type and was dynamic higher up the ground at times. Kelly as I said is likely to attract a lot of interest next year if he continues his progression.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Grand Final, All 3 Grades Watch Party, Comments, Sun Sep 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back