UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Heart says England head says Spain, the way Spain have been playing this Euros I can't see them losing but a one off match like a final anything can happen and England have been very good in just hanging in and getting results toward the end.

2-1 Spain after ET

Thought England played pretty well this morning, have more big game experience than this Spanish side, were here 4 (well, 3) years ago so will have the drive to go one further, and their defensive solidity will stand them in good stead in a final. If it goes to pens England win for me.
Played well first half. They were poor in the 2nd half

That's a foul everywhere on the pitch and usually a card. They just rarely get given in the penalty area.

Yes and that’s just it, to receive a penalty for that, the consequences are so severe in the box. It’s one of those things in football where I don’t feel it’s proportional to the incident itself. It is what it is I guess.

Refs rarely go against VAR when called to the monitor and I think this ref would’ve been a little adverse to being the exception by going against VAR with his recent history with England. Ref made the right decision first time.

Yes and that’s just it, to receive a penalty for that, the consequences are so severe in the box. It’s one of those things in football where I don’t feel it’s proportional to the incident itself. It is what it is I guess.
I agree with you but I don't think refs should be taking into account the location of the incident when making decisions on fouls unless it is a professional foul / cynical.

That's a foul everywhere on the pitch and usually a card. They just rarely get given in the penalty area.

The ref didn't initially give a foul. VAR applies in the penalty area so they had a look. I don't think it was a clear and obvious error. But once the ref is referred to the monitor and showed the incident in slow motion they are obliged to change their decision.

This was a case of VAR re-refereeing the game, which is what we were told should not happen.

The ref didn't initially give a foul. VAR applies in the penalty area so they had a look. I don't think it was a clear and obvious error. But once the ref is referred to the monitor and showed the incident in slow motion they are obliged to change their decision.

This was a case of VAR re-refereeing the game, which is what we were told should not happen.
Is the standard for VAR getting involved different for Euro's compared to the PL though?

Is the standard for VAR getting involved different for Euro's compared to the PL though?

It's possible but unclear. What happens when you get a PL ref on VAR, or from another league where it wouldn't have been re-reffed? At least the PL has some transparency about what they were aiming for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what angle? The ball has a movement sensor in it that picks up ball movement.
Here’s a still from the footage. Obviously that still is non conclusive but I’m just showing you the angle of the footage. It was clear as day his hand moving after ball hit it.

IMG_5229.jpeg

Lol wtf people actually think its a foul let alone a pen. All Dumbfries does is lift his leg to block a shot and Kane kicks Dumbfries there's literally no force from Dumbfries its all Kane's motion.

No surprise the corrupt ref also missed Saka's handball.

I'm having considering not even bothering to watch the game. Not sure I care for letting myself get my hopes up, only for them to be dashed yet again.

I'm having considering not even bothering to watch the game. Not sure I care for letting myself get my hopes up, only for them to be dashed yet again.

Yes we get it, you are a very pessimistic and negative person. Just reading your posts throughout this tournament is draining, it must be a very tiring existence.

Your nation is in a final, they are hard to get to, and may never happen again, just enjoy it for what it is.

Yes we get it, you are a very pessimistic and negative person. Just reading your posts throughout this tournament is draining, it must be a very tiring existence.

Your nation is in a final, they are hard to get to, and may never happen again, just enjoy it for what it is.

Yes I was just thinking to myself, how repetitive and reoccurring this line of posting seems to be. Just wait though for the switch if England win :D

52stQmE5zV1zSqTqexoqe7vLvh8=.gif

England definitely a chance ..too much individual talent not to be but tipping Spain. Their midfield has been very good with Rodri, Ruiz and Olmo.

Trippier or Shaw a big worry with Yamal and Walker on the other side hasn’t had a good tournament

Last edited:
This is why I had Spain as a surprise coz no bookies even had them top 4 but they have the most important positions covered with top talent on the wing and the best midfielder in the world. Compare to England's CDM who is absolutely trash and their useless wingers.

England's only hope is exposing Cookerella but if they play a back 3 against Spain's wingers who actually stay in their position and a striker who understands how to play CF they're ****ed. And the problem is they always look shit in a back four. 3-1 Spain ez dubs

UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back