UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect us to lose to the Dutch, who will go on to lose to Spain in the final. Spain have comfortably been the best team, and it would be something of a travesty if they don't win it from here.

UEFA have appointed a bent ref for the England v Netherlands game. Jude has previously been fined for mentioning the bloke's history of taking a bribe to fix games.

Not really a striker though.
Neither is Messi but they make up for the lack of striker being GOATers.

Trying to think last good strikers for other three ..probably Klose and Bierhoff for Germany, Van Persie for Dutch. For Italy Immobile but flopped at a few tournaments ..maybe Toni

Trying to think last good strikers for other three ..probably Klose and Bierhoff for Germany, Van Persie for Dutch. For Italy Immobile but flopped at a few tournaments ..maybe Toni

Mbappe obviously for Les Bleus, he blitzed it at WC2018 and 2022. Hasn't been his tournament this time round, I would say Deschitt should play him off the bench at the moment. Clearly not comfortable playing with a broken nose.

UEFA have appointed a bent ref for the England v Netherlands game. Jude has previously been fined for mentioning the bloke's history of taking a bribe to fix games.

The referee in question did not accept any bribes to fix any games, this is untrue. He was found guilty of not reporting immediately his suspicions about the referee who did actually take a bribe and received a subsequent life ban / prison sentence for match fixing (he did subsequently report the referee Robert Hoyzer to the DFB).

It is of note that the referee was connected to a Croatian betting syndicate and that Joey Simunic was taken into custody when the referee who fixed games, Robert Hoyzer, was arrested.

The referee in question did not accept any bribes to fix any games, this is untrue. He was found guilty of not reporting immediately his suspicions about the referee who did actually take a bribe and received a subsequent life ban / prison sentence for match fixing (he did subsequently report the referee Robert Hoyzer to the DFB).

It is of note that the referee was connected to a Croatian betting syndicate and that Joey Simunic was taken into custody when the referee who fixed games, Robert Hoyzer, was arrested.

Simunic, haven’t heard his name in a while. He was the one who received 3 yellow cards in the 06 WC from old mate Graham Poll?

Zwayer admitted taking money from Hoyzer, but not of altering the outcome of a game. Zwayer was given a six-month DFB ban.

Yes. van Persie definitely. Toni, or if you want to go further back Vieri/ADP.

I would say Klose just because he was more recent than Bierhoff.
Mbappe obviously for Les Bleus, he blitzed it at WC2018 and 2022. Hasn't been his tournament this time round, I would say Deschitt should play him off the bench at the moment. Clearly not comfortable playing with a broken nose.
We weren't talking about France.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that being the case......it interests me to hear stuart pearce complain about the appointment of said ref for the england game. Now it made me think why complain? Ah yes, cause if england lose he can say i told you so and create a movement in ref blaming.

however, if england win, where's the corrupt ref talk?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back