Alien/UFO UFO Disclosure Imminent? * Former US Intelligence Official & Whistleblower Speaks

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone is looking for something to listen to while you're doing your menial chores this may be of interest to some.

It's from the 60s, but is the audiobook of Jaques Vallee's famous Passport to Magonia which details historical sightings of anomalous phenomena and their similarities with UFO/ alien sightings up to the point of the book's writing. The narration is not dated at all, in fact it may be a recent production.

Tbh, the fact the book is written in the 60s is almost a positive, as you get a solid cross sectional historical reference of UFOs/ aliens purely from that period, which is like the "golden age"/ infancy of it all.

One thing that's always interested me is how varied the appearance of the earlier "alien" sightings are. They all look totally different, are dressed totally different, some of them are made out of tin. It really taps into the Jaques Vallee theory that they are not actually aliens, but rather, some kind of manifestation that alters as the zeitgeist changes (IE, now they've morphed into this refined "grey alien" image as we have had more time to refine the concept of them through our collective consciousness).

https://www.history.com/news/little-green-men-origins-aliens-hopkinsville-kelly

This is the more in depth recap of the "tin" aliens account.

I think it's touched on briefly in Passport to Magonia.

So many of the stories from the 50s/ 60s, talk of little men in tight fitting shiny silver costumes emblazoned with a big 'P' as a logo, or some other big letter in capitals; or, tight shiny lavender costume with stuff like knee high rubber boots. And if it wasn't a big letter in capitals, you often hear of a similarly emblematic shape on the front of their costume like an embossed circle, square or triangle.

They sound like characters out of a 60s Star Trek show or something, which is probably the main framework that the public had to work with at the time.

If anyone is looking for something to listen to while you're doing your menial chores this may be of interest to some.

It's from the 60s, but is the audiobook of Jaques Vallee's famous Passport to Magonia which details historical sightings of anomalous phenomena and their similarities with UFO/ alien sightings up to the point of the book's writing. The narration is not dated at all, in fact it may be a recent production.

Tbh, the fact the book is written in the 60s is almost a positive, as you get a solid cross sectional historical reference of UFOs/ aliens purely from that period, which is like the "golden age"/ infancy of it all.

One thing that's always interested me is how varied the appearance of the earlier "alien" sightings are. They all look totally different, are dressed totally different, some of them are made out of tin. It really taps into the Jaques Vallee theory that they are not actually aliens, but rather, some kind of manifestation that alters as the zeitgeist changes (IE, now they've morphed into this refined "grey alien" image as we have had more time to refine the concept of them through our collective consciousness).

I enjoyed it. I read the book in the mid 70's. He was one of the first to draw parallels between folklore, religious experience and UFO's, which I think there is something to it. He writes nicely and the narrator is good, too. Sadly, in terms of 'facts; we haven't moved much past the book in the subsequent 50+ years, though we have seen a widespread change toward the field. Thanks for posting.

I enjoyed it. I read the book in the mid 70's. He was one of the first to draw parallels between folklore, religious experience and UFO's, which I think there is something to it. He writes nicely and the narrator is good, too. Sadly, in terms of 'facts; we haven't moved much past the book in the subsequent 50+ years, though we have seen a widespread change toward the field. Thanks for posting.
Have you read the 2 Skinwalker ranch books co-written by George Knapp, or The Mothman Prophecies by John Keel?

Have you read the 2 Skinwalker ranch books co-written by George Knapp, or The Mothman Prophecies by John Keel?
The Mothman Prophesies, I have. Interesting book, I suspect it is more about John Keels story telling than anything else. I haven't read the Skinwalker ranch book but I did see a couple of episodes of the TV show, in which nothing really interesting was documented and it seemed to be 'much ado about nothing'. I just found a link to a freebie copy, so I'll give it a go.
https://archive.org/stream/HuntForTheSkinwalker/Hunt for the Skinwalker_djvu.txt

The Mothman Prophesies, I have. Interesting book, I suspect it is more about John Keels story telling than anything else. I haven't read the Skinwalker ranch book but I did see a couple of episodes of the TV show, in which nothing really interesting was documented and it seemed to be 'much ado about nothing'. I just found a link to a freebie copy, so I'll give it a go.
https://archive.org/stream/HuntForTheSkinwalker/Hunt for the Skinwalker_djvu.txt
The audiobook of it is on Spotify Premium if you have it.

I initially listened to these two videos a couple of weeks ago which piqued my interest:

A few interesting things in there, more bizzaro world type of experiences.

The audiobook of it is on Spotify Premium if you have it.

I initially listened to these two videos a couple of weeks ago which piqued my interest:

A few interesting things in there, more bizzaro world type of experiences.

Again, thanks for posting. I read the text file of the book last night. An amazing smorgasbord of just about every recognised type of paranormal/alien activities - glowing orbs, poltergeist phenomena, invisible critters, portals, round and triangular UFO's, bullet proof supernatural wolves. Despite all the events and the presence of a science team from 1997 nothing much in terms of hard data was collected, very disappointing to the scientist in me. The cosmic jester wins again!

After the NDIS team took up residence the unusual events diminished significantly. I think by then the children no longer lived at the ranch, which to my mind suggests a poltergeist type effect via one of the children. Note, I have no idea what causes poltergeist events but I believe them to be real events in some cases. There nearly always an association of near adolescent or adolescent children to poltergeist events. The area certainly is one with a historical record of 'high strangeness', so perhaps in someway one of the children amplified these effects.

Despite the TV series events at the ranch appear to have continued to calm down in recent years.

At the very least, it's a good haunted house story.

Absolutely never going to happen, the tech is too exotic and valuable to admit CIA and aerospace companies are trying to crack it let alone risk Russia or China getting an edge.

What.gif

Again, thanks for posting. I read the text file of the book last night. An amazing smorgasbord of just about every recognised type of paranormal/alien activities - glowing orbs, poltergeist phenomena, invisible critters, portals, round and triangular UFO's, bullet proof supernatural wolves. Despite all the events and the presence of a science team from 1997 nothing much in terms of hard data was collected, very disappointing to the scientist in me. The cosmic jester wins again!

After the NDIS team took up residence the unusual events diminished significantly. I think by then the children no longer lived at the ranch, which to my mind suggests a poltergeist type effect via one of the children. Note, I have no idea what causes poltergeist events but I believe them to be real events in some cases. There nearly always an association of near adolescent or adolescent children to poltergeist events. The area certainly is one with a historical record of 'high strangeness', so perhaps in someway one of the children amplified these effects.

Despite the TV series events at the ranch appear to have continued to calm down in recent years.

At the very least, it's a good haunted house story.
How many pages was the book lol.

I have been listening to Passport to Magonia for like a month and still not done with it.

You seem to have a voracious appetite that allows you to consume the entire contents of a book in a whole day.

How many pages was the book lol.

I have been listening to Passport to Magonia for like a month and still not done with it.

You seem to have a voracious appetite that allows you to consume the entire contents of a book in a whole day.
I can read heaps faster than listening.

There is quite a lot of chapters that have nothing to do with events at the ranch. I skipped them initially.

The version of the book is a text file without page numbers, the kindle version has 326 pages.

It really is predominately a poltergeist story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back