Competitions Ultimate Footy 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ultimate Footy fantasy format has opened for 2011, and I got in fairly early, getting a very good draft time on a Sunday night in 2 1/2 weeks. (7.00pm on the 13th of March).:)

I think we should go with the category based scoring system again, it just adds a little bit more of a strategy when drafting, and also throughout the season in regards to free agents and trades.

Anyway, here's the details, same as last year, if you want to be involved, try and "hang" with it for the whole season.

League Name: BF Magpies UFL

PM ME IF INTERESTED.

http://www.ultimatefooty.com/

hey!
I'm in. Btw I'm running a points based league for Nicks BB details are over there if your interested in joining up again.
I was actually going to join your league last year and then forgot to lol...:D

hey!
I'm in. Btw I'm running a points based league for Nicks BB details are over there if your interested in joining up again.
I was actually going to join your league last year and then forgot to lol...:D
Sweet, welcome, I joined the Nicks League also, and noticed your draft time is the night after mine, which works out well.:thumbsu:

In.

Hopefully remember to turn up to the draft.

Don't worry, you don't have to be there for the draft, although it usually helps if you can get a few players you want early.;)

Good response so far, 6 people signed up, I set the league to the max (16) so there's still plenty of room.:)

Never played ultimate footy before but I'm in. I like the look of the draft format.
Welcome aboard, not a bad turn up so far, 8 people in about 24 hours.:thumbsu:

8 spots left, I had a look at the pre draft rankings, and I can see a few specials already.:)

yeah it will be really interesting how everyone goes about picking up players, especially the GC players. I know in my league last year a few of those high draft picks flopped and where traded out then became good at seasons end.

Oh that and the inevitable ruckmen loading by a certain individual lol

if anyone's interested, join my public ultimate footy league 'TAC CUP FUTURE STARS' League ID : 444693

All are welcome :)

I'm in. Back for my 3rd time around.
Welcome, I think it's my 3rd time too, 2nd year in a row in 2 leagues (Nicks and here), and it's good to have the variety of one being points based and one being category based.

Just over 2 weeks till the draft(s), can't wait.:thumbsu:

I reckon I'll sign up again, but I will wait until closer to the date to make sure I can make the draft...it is half the fun after all :D

In related news, if anyone wants to do a warm-up draft, I have a live draft slot on Ultimate Footy tomorrow night at 7pm EDST... This one is points based H2H

ID: 276749
Pass: bigfooty

All welcome, be good warm-up for the Collingwood league draft :D

Only 4 teams for your "practice" draft tonight, you should promote it a bit, I know the NFL board has a league, so does Nicks, and so does the Geelong board, I reckon a few of those posters would join in for the practice tonight.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 4 teams for your "practice" draft tonight, you should promote it a bit, I know the NFL board has a league, so does Nicks, and so does the Geelong board, I reckon a few of those posters would join in for the practice tonight.:)

If you know anyone Matt, feel free to invite them in...Ive got 2 more who will come on board later today, and have already gone into the NFL board, but I'm not at Nicks if you wanna ask there?

One more week till draft night, 7pm, next Sunday Night, it's on.:thumbsu:

Still up to 6 places remaining in the league for anyone who is interested, and a week is plenty of time to get your draft rankings in order, even if you can't make the live draft time.

Anyway, see you next week, 7pm.:D

Yep, me too

I played American fantasy sports before Dream team and SuperCoach came about, and they are far and away better setup. I dont go much on everyone being able to have the same players...but 95% of Australians know no other way so I am forced to get into it :D

Yep, me too

I played American fantasy sports before Dream team and SuperCoach came about, and they are far and away better setup. I dont go much on everyone being able to have the same players...but 95% of Australians know no other way so I am forced to get into it :D

Yeah, I'm the same, been in NFL fantasy leagues for years, and also some MLB ones, and I prefer the more "intimate" feeling of going head to head with only a few competitors, rather then a few hundred thousand.

We need at least one more team, because we are at 11, and if it stays like that, the draft won't go ahead on time.

So if you know anyone, invite away.:thumbsu:

I'm not against anyone else signing up, but at the moment, with 12 teams, it actually works out quite well in terms of "fairness".

No matter how many more we get, we are looking at a 20 round home and away competition, which almost sees everyone play each other twice, and then a final six series over the last 4 weeks of the season to decide our winner.

But 2 more wouldn't make much difference to the "equality" of the draw, so join up if you want to.:)

Would it be a good idea Matty if any more prospective participants are interested in joining, that they post interest here first...only if we get 2 should we allow them to join, otherwise our live draft time may be screwed with...?

Would it be a good idea Matty if any more prospective participants are interested in joining, that they post interest here first...only if we get 2 should we allow them to join, otherwise our live draft time may be screwed with...?
Yeah, good idea, I just removed the league code and ID from the OP, so if anyone else is interested, either post here (preferred) or PM me, because we will have to "recruit" in groups of 2 from now on.:)

I've joined up, never done it before so be kind ;)

You will never look back. Takes a little bit to get your head around but once your in the swing it is great. Try and get your pre draft rankings set up well before Sunday. The draft format is awesome as well. Good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back