Competitions Ultimate Footy 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Matty
Just noticed its a 16 players on field, was that a deliberate move? or a default setting. Just curious

Hey Matty
Just noticed its a 16 players on field, was that a deliberate move? or a default setting. Just curious
I'm pretty sure that's a default setting, as the only change I made was to drop a defender slot and replace it with the utility slot.

I may change it, I noticed that the Nicks league has 18 players on the field.

Just had a look, because I set the league at the maximum of 16 teams allowed, they only allowed 16 players per team.

Just reduced the number of teams to 14, and it allowed us to have 18 players on the field.

I added a defender and a mid, does anyone else have a better idea of what positions the extra 2 slots should be?

Current makeup is;

5 backs
6 centres
1 ruck
5 forwards
1 utility

Yea seemed a bit odd to only have 16 on field. yea i've set nicks league to the default 18 with 2 bench players per posi.

I find that it gets alot more tactical seeing as defenders and forwards dont get constant scores.

Btw did you upgrade your league? cos finals are now only in plus edition :(
I may just buy it for nicks anyway

Btw did you upgrade your league? cos finals are now only in plus edition :(
I may just buy it for nicks anyway
I thought finals were going to be free this year, where does it say they aren't?

I was of the opinion that you could change your finals format if you upgraded, but even if you didn't, you could still play the default finals series.:confused:

This page says "default" finals are free.

http://www.ultimatefooty.com/features

I thought finals were going to be free this year, where does it say they aren't?

I was of the opinion that you could change your finals format if you upgraded, but even if you didn't, you could still play the default finals series.:confused:

This page says "default" finals are free.

http://www.ultimatefooty.com/features

Yeah I read that. But from memory I was able to set it last year, I cant seem to find that feature this year. I recall that the option was located where you specify team count and league rules. :confused:

Also If you look at the current fixtures in both leagues it seems to just run through the 24 rounds without a final. Although I cant remember if the option appears after the draft or not.

I dunno either way I could just do a manual final on nicks in the last 4 rounds anyway.

The league that was setup for the pratice draft has a fixture that runs out after round 21 (only 4 teams lol), meaning that finals must be free, and the only condition is you have to accept the "default" settings.

I'm happy not to pay 30 bucks just for finals, the rest of the features that you get with the upgrade aren't that great anyway.

DRAFT TONIGHT AT 7PM (AEDT).:thumbsu::thumbsu:

We are going with 12 teams, I don't like letting anyone in this late, as they could upset the "system" and we could lose the draft time.

Been playing around with the emergencies and bench players a little bit, as it seemed 8 emergencies and 6 bench players wasn't "right".

So the current line up is;

18 starters - 5 backs, 6 centres, 1 ruck, 5 forwards, 1 utility
5 emergencies - 1 to cover each "slot"
6 bench players - 1 to cover each "slot" plus 1 extra

That means the draft will have 29 rounds, which to me seems about right.

Any suggested changes?:confused:

Have a good draft tonite peoples. I have been F'd over by my fn sister. I won't be joining you guys.

She has decided that she wants to celebrate her birthday now at 6.30 tonight in the city, which leaves me up the creek without a paddle.

I might be requesting some trades because I have tried to get my pre draft ranking in order but it is just so hard.

Haha I can't wait for this purely because I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a team of spuds. I made my pre-draft ranking but I'm not totally sure I did it right!

Haha I can't wait for this purely because I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a team of spuds. I made my pre-draft ranking but I'm not totally sure I did it right!

Too hard to have the right mix. I will probably have no good backmen.

Question:

Is it still AEDT in Vic? All BigFooty posts are showing an hour ahead of 'Tassie time' so I want to make sure I make the draft

Actually, better question...how long til draft time? :D

It is. Not sure what is happening with the times on BF.

Question:

Is it still AEDT in Vic? All BigFooty posts are showing an hour ahead of 'Tassie time' so I want to make sure I make the draft

Actually, better question...how long til draft time? :D

T-Minus 3 hours and 9 minutes according to my AEST watch!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't figure out the Bigfooty time problem.

Even if it is set to the old "daylights saving" time, don't you turn your clock back an hour at the end?

Weird, anyway, 2 hours and 26 minutes, wherever you are, that's how long is left.

The draft "application" usually opens about 15 minutes before the draft, so see you then.:)

I'm back in baby. All good now. I am in the bad books but it is worth it to do the draft.

By the way, for those that don't know, these are the cteagories;

Score
Goal Kicking Accuracy
Kicks
Handballs
Marks
Hitouts
Tackles
Free Kicks For
Free Kicks Against

You get 1 point for every category you win, and there are 9 categories, therefore if you get 5 points, you win your weekly matchup.

Only the Free Kicks Against column is the one where you actually want less then your weekly opponent, for everything else you simply win that category with the higher score (or percentage in regards to accuracy).

Hmm, still tossing up how to approach the draft, last year I focussed on Tackles, Marks and Accuracy and I didn't do too well.

haha thats what I call dedication! Good luck all.

Matt is that draft order set or are you going to randomise it again b4 hand?
Nah, the draft order is set, it has been since the 12th person joined, fairer just to leave it as is.

Couldn't change it this late on anyway, I can't change any draft settings now, as apparently we are no longer in "pre draft mode".

Good draft, happy with most of my team, especially my early picks.

As per talk towards the end there, I changed the amount of acquisitions (trades or free agents) to a max of 4 a week, and will bring that back to 3 after some have had a chance to fix their draft errors.

I vote disable captains...
I think it's too late, when I go to the edit league settings page it says "league no longer in pre draft mode".

Won't make a heap of difference, everyone has a captain, and will most likely use it on a mid or ruck anyway.

I think it's too late, when I go to the edit league settings page it says "league no longer in pre draft mode".

Won't make a heap of difference, everyone has a captain, and will most likely use it on a mid or ruck anyway.

What does the captain and vice captain do anywayz?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back