Competitions Ultimate Footy 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

What does the captain and vice captain do anywayz?
Same as it does in Supercoach or Dreamteam, doubles the score of that player.

So in this league, the same happens, that players score will double, and it will be included in each category.

I think it actually adds a tactical edge to the game, makes it so each week you actually have to analyze the opposition, and you can use your captain to cover one of your weak areas, or even guarantee a win in one category.

I actually like the captain idea.

Totally forgot about this, nice to see I can get a comfortable win without my #1 pick in Chappy not playing.

I really dislike the scoring system with having to win the separate categories, meh.

Bah, had 3 not playing - do the emergencies auto-fill in for them, or did I need to have assigned them? Didn't do too poorly I guess considering I had no bloody idea what I was looking at haha.

Bah, had 3 not playing - do the emergencies auto-fill in for them, or did I need to have assigned them? Didn't do too poorly I guess considering I had no bloody idea what I was looking at haha.
The emergencies will cover for them, as long as they are not injured also.;)

You have one emergency to cover each area (Def, Centre, Ruck, Fwd, Utility), but if you have 2 players missing in the same spot I believe you may get a 0.

2 of my emergencies were either injured or had byes haha. I just picked up some new players which was exciting, totally digging this comp!

Round 2 bump! Discovered the 'Trading Block' feature, very cool system. How is everyone travelling? I only figured out the scoring system just before Round 2, and am trying to address a number of glaring deficiencies in my team. It's a lot of fun addressing issues and trying to recruit or re-jig your team to fix them. Obviously I'm not having the best run so far, but I'm hoping to pull off the upset of the century with a win over top placed 'beez boys' this weekend :D

(why do I feel so pessimistic about the prospect?)

I'm stoked with my start to the season, 2-0 now, although I keep winning 5-4 battles, which might be a slight concern, as one injury one week might bring me undone.

My bench doesn't look good, here it is;

Swallow - BYE
Brown - INJ - 10-12 weeks
Lecras - INJ - 4-8 weeks
Wood (Dogs) - 6-8 weeks
Scully - 2 weeks
Jacobs - Yet to debut for the Crows

Apart from that I'm going well, but I don't want to get rid of too many of those injured players, as when they return (especially Scully, Brown and Lecras) they will be guns.;)

Oh, and I just noticed I have Beau Waters also, who is out for 8-10 weeks with an elbow injury, bloody hell.

I just made a few moves to strengthen my depth, sorry to Beau Waters, but I had to risk losing you when he returns, I need defensive backup.

I have an issue in my rucks, Gardiner injured and Hille made me play 1 down last week being a late withdrawal and will miss this week too :( I also have Leigh Brown who is listed as a ruck, but since I selected him as a forward I can't play him....ffs.

So I went looking to pick up a ruck yet the only one available who has actually played a game is McCauley and he was only a late inclusion last week. PROBLEM! I might just play 1 short again this week to give you a chance Wooljay ;)

Almost all of my high value early picks (Didak, Goddard, and Lake) are either injured, recovering from injury, or playing shite in the first 2 rounds (Goddard -_-) which is really annoying, and goddamn Clarke apparently wants to play KPF now with JB out of the side so I don't have a dedicated ruckman other than Hale and NicNat which are both not what I'd call pure rucks.

I threw Clarke up there on the Trading Block, I think his form will definitely increase, but I don't need another forward - I need a bloody Ruck and I can't have Hale, Nat, and Clarke in the same side and I'm just not getting HOs with Clarke in the side otherwise I'd keep him in ahead of Hale because I rate Clarke infinitely higher.

Ah well, such is the life of a coach!

Edit: Ahhh you're way too kind Beez, I'm glad I'm not the only one with ruck dilemmas!

I think this is why I prefer Ultimate Footy (or US Style fantasy games) to Dream Team or Super Coach.

In DT or SC, it's too easy to replace an injured player, ore to replace a player that was rated highly pre season, but is struggling now, while in UF, you actually have to plan for injuries, and if you get hit, it really does give an advantage to the other team you matchup with each week.

I'm in a quandary, do I delist Brown and Lecras, and sign up more "young" replacement forwards, or do I hold on to them and take the "hit" as far as depth goes for the next 7-8 weeks at least.:confused:

And then bloody Beau Waters goes and does his elbow again, damn it, one of my pre season "specials" too.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which 'young' replacements would you go for? I think with JB and LeCras it's almost worth the wait if you can cover them for now - they are both massive players. If you don't have the depth then by all means go for it though.

My quandary (rucks aside) is that I switched out Nason for Libba Jnr as I really think he has the potential to be huge - but I'm not sure if he'll be as consistent a scorer as any of my current centres who he'd replace. My weakest mids from Rnd2 were Dan Hannebery or Daniel Pearce, but I'm not sure it'd be wise to switch in a second gamer for a couple of seasoned youngish players.

In a David and Goliath-esque feat, the bottom placed Weapons have downed the top placed Boys of Beez! Pure scoreboard power in both points and accuracy and demolition in the rucks helped the Weapons run home unlikely victors!

How did everyone else fair? Get screwed by subs? I think they should have to announce subs on the Thursday prior just for fantasy football reasons :p

I had my first loss.:(

I guess it was coming, having won my first 2 games 5-4, but it is still annoying to lose, this time with a score of, you guessed it, 4-5.;)

Injuries have finally caught up with me I think, my possession rate has dropped dramatically, and I got smashed in kicks, handballs and marks.

Oh well, 2-1 start to the season, might have to get creative to get back on the winning track.:)

The good news is, I don't have many Dogs, Saints or Lions players in my team, and with all 3 teams having the bye, I may be able to fight back next week.:)

Lol just banged through a lazy 24-14 (154) this week :p
still ended up winning narrowly. Total back line failure this week.
Not looking forward to next weeks multi bye round. Already put the team together and bloody looks horrible.... In serious need to some backs this week.

Nice win Wooljay, you were up for most of the weekend, thoroughly deserved victory :( Although, we did have 4 categories that really could've gone either way.

I find this really hard because whilst I was hoping Stanton would score well this evening to help me win, I was also hoping he'd fail miserably to get me a win in a DT league. So many conflicting players in different competitions make fantasty footy suck sometimes.

Oh, and nice work that 4 of us can have a 2-1 record with 17-10 F/A :D

BAH:eek: I'm outside the 6 with a 2-1 record, OMG, how close can you get in a 12 team league.

Next week will be a cracker, I love the fact I didn't set the "sit out" option for the multi bye rounds, it makes it so much more challenging, especially with 3 such rounds in a row.

I'll get bitten on the Easter weekend, this weekend won't hurt me so much, and I'd say it will be similar for most, they will have an advantage one week, and a disadvantage the next.

Adds an extra element to the league IMO.:)

Nice win Wooljay, you were up for most of the weekend, thoroughly deserved victory :( Although, we did have 4 categories that really could've gone either way.

I find this really hard because whilst I was hoping Stanton would score well this evening to help me win, I was also hoping he'd fail miserably to get me a win in a DT league. So many conflicting players in different competitions make fantasty footy suck sometimes.

Yeah I didn't realise there was live updating so I was in the dark all weekend assuming you'd tear me to pieces haha. You're spot on about the categories going either way, only one 3 separating us in tackles, and 1(!) in marks! Very tight game, lots of fun to follow.

Can't believe I am undefeated. Just done my changes. I think Beez will have me this week though. Looks like he got a pretty strong lineup considering it is a 3 team bye.

I am 3 and zip in UF and zip and 3 in SC. Since I have been doing UF I have gone downhill in SC.

I am 3 and zip in UF and zip and 3 in SC. Since I have been doing UF I have gone downhill in SC.
I basically ignored Supercoach until the season started, because I concentrated on both my UF leagues and also DreamTeam above SuperCoach this year.

Haven't cracked 2k yet in SC yet, almost given up already.:(

Going well in DT and UF though.:D

My DT is a mess. Injuries, byes, subs...you name it I've had it. Wishing I could go for a mulligan and just start the team from scratch :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back