Umpires and Bruuthhh

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from the fact that he dragged the ball off the ground and 'The Big H' (Looked like a big L most of the day) Tripped over Fev's arms?

talk about bias..gees

umpiring was awful both ways today, but as mentioned, carlton got the important ones around the goals at both ends

Carlton clearly lift for games against both collingwood and essendon, still always beat the both of us or came close despite them being totally inept for 5 years. I think their kids will fall apart rounds 16-20 when the gruelling season starts taking its toll

just great to see u guys angry u guys should be top 4 with the draw u have u call carlton cheats take a hard looka at ya self:D

Collingwood dont make up the draw you wank, money hungry AFL do and make sure the pies bring them home the bacon, perfect example look where the dees and tigers played today.
Carlton have cheated with there tanking to get low draft picks and the criminal president has paid Judd under the table to come across, and lets not forget the former pig president.
How many members to you have hot shot

talk about bias..gees

umpiring was awful both ways today, but as mentioned, carlton got the important ones around the goals at both ends

Carlton clearly lift for games against both collingwood and essendon, still always beat the both of us or came close despite them being totally inept for 5 years. I think their kids will fall apart rounds 16-20 when the gruelling season starts taking its toll
oh thank chirst it wasnt just us that saw these.

Umpires stood up for the carlscum when they were needed most, i wonder if the money they get from dick is tax deductable.

Did anyone here BRUCE's YESSSS! when a carlton player (i think fisher) marked and converted in the goal square!!!

THAT MAKES ME SOOOOO VERY ANGRY, given that Eddy was harshly critisized for for his completely objective commentating on collingwood games. What a joke...

Is Bruthh even a gayton supporter?[/quote]

I have always thought that Bruce was completely infatuated with Didak. The way he raves about the simplest things that he does is quite sickenening and I am sure that his fellow commentators must get embarressed with him regarding this.

There was a subtle but crucial difference - Carlscum got the free kicks in around the goals.

Look at the snap from Leon where Medhurst and Thornton contest in the goalsquare in the final quarter. Absolutely nothing in it - a fair bump sideways and it is reversed! The ball travels up the ground and Fev legs Harry in the goalsquare without penalty.

It was a 12 point advantage in the space of 2 minutes and the game was never able to regain any balance.

I've been watching the decisions in slow-mo just to see if I was over-reacting today, but these stood out as the worst. That, and the ability to pay a holding the ball position despite strong tackling.

I lost any semblance of respect for the Blues and their supporters today - I still don't rate them as a team and I still think we'll have the last laugh when they end up 9th this year.
check the replay again mate. IIRC, daisy thomas and medhurst got a few kicks in fron of goal in the 3rd quarter. Carlton got them towards the end of the match, but if you were a truly good side, you shouldve already buried us.

check the replay again mate. IIRC, daisy thomas and medhurst got a few kicks in fron of goal in the 3rd quarter. Carlton got them towards the end of the match, but if you were a truly good side, you shouldve already buried us.

I can't argue against that - we're not yet a truly great side. We _can_ be, but we're not consistently good... even when Geelong has been down this year, they've still managed 10 average wins. We've lost (including today) 3 games in the last quarter where we should have held our nerve.

I still stand by the poor umpiring - for both sides. It's just that The Blues were recipients a lot more times in front of goal.

Collingwood dont make up the draw you wank, money hungry AFL do and make sure the pies bring them home the bacon, perfect example look where the dees and tigers played today.
Carlton have cheated with there tanking to get low draft picks and the criminal president has paid Judd under the table to come across, and lets not forget the former pig president.
How many members to you have hot shot

Over 40,000 mate, maybe not as many as the Pies, but hey, hope you arent too bitter about today! :)

Go Blues!

how can u say that collingwood should have won anyway carlton won 3 quarters of football n u guys only won the 2n quarter. collingwood can be a very good team when they want to be but u got beaten by a team who wanted it more!!! cheers

AND REMEMBER...GO THE BLUES:

how can u say that collingwood should have won anyway carlton won 3 quarters of football n u guys only won the 2n quarter. collingwood can be a very good team when they want to be but u got beaten by a team who wanted it more!!! cheers

AND REMEMBER...GO THE BLUES:

I can say that because I have seen how good we can play. I mean that we should be able to win whether the umpires are shit or not. Otherwise we are just wasting time and making up the numbers in the 8. Carlton deserved to win today, no doubt about that, but technically we should have won, higher ladder position and in we were in better form leading into that game. Carlton played with heart and passion, the Pies didn't.

Medhurst pushed him out of the contest.

Don't act like you weren't gifted free's either - Daisy's free 40m out from armfield was an absolute joke, as was Didak not giving away 50 for butting Thornton if the face out of play. Not to mention O'Bree Knocking out Cloke.

You were beaten by a better team, deal with it.
free was against wakes! you should be an umpire!!!!

whats about the free hampson received in the square?! he ran off and the ump had to call him back to tell him he had a free kick, he had no idea...

umpires?

i didn't go to the game 2day... but i was told the umpiring 2day was not flash. Was it a factor?

By the way.. Collingwood is a hard working team that lacks polish. Anyone who plays football will know it is impossible to keep this intensity up for 22 + round. No excuse but just a thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the 2 worst decisions i have seen this year
1) in the 2nd i think...judd laying on the...extends his arms...drags the pull in...doesnt get out...5 players standing there shouting ball and its a ball up...obvious judd favouritism there...and anyone who remembers it could not say otherwise
2) the free kick medhurst gave away in the last in the goal square...softest free kick of the day
it denied us a goal and they went forward with that possession and kicked a goal...the game turned from there

2 very very very pathetic decisions and 2 of the worst i have seen this year by far

Judd clearly drags the ball in, no free kick.
Fevola hits Didak behind play, free ends up with Carlton:confused:
Medhurst side on bump on goal line, free kcick to Carlton
Harry tripped in goalsquare, no free-kick.

that one happened twice actually
not to mention the pure softness of these bumps
i thought medhurst must of sneezed

oh well
no shame in losing to a club that has aimed for only winning against us for the last 6 years
i mean how many years could u possibly tank before u have a good enough side to do anything...not to mention the extra little payments juddy would be receiving under the table

but onwards and upwards as thats the carlton way!:thumbsu:

I dont think there is any doubt that we got the worst of the umpiring, with most bad decisions coming at crucial stages. The fress against Medhurst for the bump, and against fresh air for the free (and goal) to Fisher were particularly bad.

Having said that, we played badly for a large portion of the game and we cannot blame the umpires for our loss.

The umpires were shit for both sides. Carlton were robbed in the first half, it evened itself out throughout the game. We were harder at the ball and wanted it more. Stop being such bad losers

Frees were about 18 for Carlton to 12 for Collingwood at half time. not sure what the full timwe tally was but i'm sure the umps would have paid a few even-up frees when it didn't matter anymore.

Can someone please put those baffling decisions up on Youtube so we can at least try and work out what the umps were thinking?

just great to see u guys angry u guys should be top 4 with the draw u have u call carlton cheats take a hard looka at ya self:D

at least we can put freo away :thumbsu:

The umpiring is the worst its been all year, i can't believe some of the decisions made... However, when you lose by 5 goals you can't blame the umpires, as much as i'd like too...

Can't say I heard the ch.7 commentary, and I doubt I'll be looking for a replay any time soon :p

Question - are umps ever held accountable for poor decisions after the game? And I don't just mean by being dropped for a week or so. Is there ever a real attempt to negate the effect of bad umpiring decisions retrospectively?

I'm not suggesting that decisions yesterday cost us the game, but they did appear to affect momentum and morale. Collingwood seems to have suffered significantly through poor umpiring this year, but I've also seen inexplicable decisions go our way. Is umpiring really so hard? Or is there a case to be made for a 4th ump?

they got 3 goal and we lost 1 goal inside the goal square. and we only got 1 fre kick after quarter time.
If I read the herald-sun stats correctly this morning, Im pretty sure it said "goals from free kicks - Collingwood 3, Carlton 2"?!! In saying that, I know there were some shocking decisions made for both teams. By far the worst was Medhurst V Thornton in the goal sq in the last quarter was a shocker! & Im pretty sure I saw Heath Shaw just handball the ball straight out of bounds with about 5 mins to go & not get pinged. I think Schmitt needs a run down in Nar-Nar Goon reserves!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires and Bruuthhh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back