Analysis Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo: The state of AFL umpiring is the worst I’ve seen​

In nearly 30 years of covering footy, the umpiring has never been more in disarray, writes MARK ROBINSON. The AFL has a problem – and it cannot be ignored.

I’ve always like Robbo.

The umpiring this year has been so shit that now we have respected former players speaking out against individual players. The AFL only have themselves to blame for it.

It feels like 2-3 games a week are being decided on bad calls at the moment. Worst umpired sport in the world. To be fair probably also one of the hardest sports to umpire. Doesn't help with the AFL changing rules on the fly.

It feels like 2-3 games a week are being decided on bad calls at the moment. Worst umpired sport in the world. To be fair probably also one of the hardest sports to umpire. Doesn't help with the AFL changing rules on the fly.

I can’t split the difference of shit umpiring between AFL and Baseball.

Our game is being run by clowns!

Bahahaha, so the umpire blew the whistle but didn’t give direction to what the whistle was for.
Mmmk, the ball was kicked off the ground and landed in a North players hands more than 15 metres away and the whistle went as soon as it was marked.

What other decision is there to make?
Did the umpire call play on? Nope

If not, it’s a 50 every single day of the week…did she make mention of Windhagers on satdy night? Nope, no flipping different even though he didn’t continue running towards the player.

flipping deadset clown this bird is, I’m tipping she won’t last another 18 months

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laura Kane needs to have a listen to her ridiculous logic and excuse and have another crack at explaining it.

So she's saying that you can just ran over the mark as far as you like if the umpire haven't called stand? Come on.

Laura Kane needs to have a listen to her ridiculous logic and excuse and have another crack at explaining it.

So she's saying that you can just ran over the mark as far as you like if the umpire haven't called stand? Come on.
I heard her explanation on SEN this arvo and now feel all the dumber after sitting through it. I do admire her attempt though of trying to baffle us with bullshit, fair effort :drunk::thumbsu:

I heard her explanation on SEN this arvo and now feel all the dumber after sitting through it. I do admire her attempt though of trying to baffle us with bullshit, fair effort :drunk::thumbsu:
So it was in a nutshell was that it is o.k. to encroach over the mark as far as you like if you think that it might have been play on and the umpire is confused.

Let's see what happens on Friday night if we do it.

That's a blatant lie from Laura Kan. **** me dead the Pies are a protected species. Despicable from the AFL.
You are right on the money there, as you only have to look at how many close games the Pies have won as the umps mostly put away the whistle with frees against them in the last 5 minutes (just like that N.M. fifty metres), and it happened big time in the G.F. during the last 3 minutes when Neale was tripped and the ump never called it back when there was no advantage to Bris, plus Bailey who was on the end of the rushed Neale handball had to kick it over his head under pressure and was caught blatantly around the neck, without the ball, and then dragged back by the shoulder which equals 3 reasons for a free kick, and what did the umps do.....they called "PLAY ON!!!" and then Mitchell (Col) got a soft free kick by doing the Selwood shuffle down the ground which made the game safe for them!!! You only have to hear that liar Kane justifying the reason for no fifty metres to know that something is rotten in Denmark......sorry Docklands!!! I feel for any team that makes the G.F. if the pies are involved especially if it`s a close game, and if people don`t believe that the AFL favour certain teams then check out the free kicks ladder (for & against) over the last 5 years to see what goes on!!! If those two G.F. incidents that the umps just ignored for the Lions had happened to a Victorian club it would still be getting talked about!!!....imagine if it had been our mob copping that sort of rubbish, but of course it was an interstate team and the AFL don`t really give a s**t about them as the magpie army bring the big bucks to the VFL.....opps AFL. Laura Kane is just an AFL spin doctor making it up as she goes, and it really is a smack in the face to the true footy fan when the AFL justifies the stuff that they do.....is it truly Australian Rules or just $$$ rules......o_O

Unless you've recently suffered significant brain trauma there's no way you can understand that explanation from LK. As far as gaslighting attempts go that's a pretty lazy effort.

I can't remember the umpiring being this bad though. It's a tough complex job but they make it so much harder for themselves by constantly splitting hairs on what is / isn't too high. In the back almost doesn't exist. Why? When was that decided and announced to the public?

Holding the ball went dormant but got so ridiculous there was media backlash which got the interpretation changed for 1 week now it's in this halfway place where the occasional player gets burned and others (Daicos) get away with murder.

It's to the point where you have to expect sh!t will make no sense in every game and just hope it doesn't cost you too badly.

Wtf is with this drivelling pile on? She's a symptom, not the root of all evil.

The uninformed and savage judgements are mind boggling to behold.

Get a grip and pull your head in.

She's a symptom of the AFL continuing to promote internal candidates who have zero qualifications for the job. The previous 2 GM of football were former footballers with previous high profile jobs within clubs.

That doesn't grant her immunity for being useless at her job. She gets up in front of the public and spouts gaslighting nonsense and lies she deserves every bit of criticism coming her way.

What a load of crap from the afl.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The AFL is communicating as poorly as it ever has.

Rubbish explanations to cover poor umpiring decisions.

Rubbish communication around changing father/son & acedemy pics.

Throw on top of that this ridiculous draw - the weirdest season I’ve seen.

Then the underlying feeling that clubs, coaches & players dare not criticise the almighty AFL lest they be punished.

We need a people’s AFL he get rid of these fat-cat, macaron-eating, Champaign-swilling despots!

Liberte! Legalite! Fraternity!

Viva la Revolution!!

🕺🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

Back