Umpires..........

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment the AFL is doing rules on the run . This game is in troble when it can't be adudicted properly . Not sure how many games change their rules like the officials change their jocks .

defender is there to beat his opponent and stopping a scoring opportunity is a one-on-one win, so why should it be penalised?

I find this rule a joke for this very reason. Rushing a behind is a successful way to deny the forward a goal. With this rule, the beaten forward gets a 99% chance of a 7 point play.

Maybe a more reasonable penalty could be to lose the advantage of the kick in, and the ball is tossed up from the blue dot 25m out. Or at least make them kick from the blue dot to reduce it to an 85% chance of a goal.

As it stands, this is the harshest on field penalty, yet it is paid against a player who beat his opponent.

Last edited:

Iirc we had a 9 month old and Mrs Gaso and I went on a drunken bender in the City without the 9 year month old.

Seems by the lack of clarity in that post, Gaso, you are still on that bender. In which case how is Mrs. Gaso standing up to the pace of the said bender?

any chance of a compilation of all the non htb calls vs sydney? I'm not one to complain about the umpires coz theres no point but that was beyond embarassement, at one stage i was actually laughing instead of getting angry at the calls they got that bad

any chance of a compilation of all the non htb calls vs sydney? I'm not one to complain about the umpires coz theres no point but that was beyond embarassement, at one stage i was actually laughing instead of getting angry at the calls they got that bad

I reckon i saw(in between laughing as well) at least 5-6 non HTB calls in the last quarter alone. For the match, there must of been 12-15 all up i reckon with the Turner tackle the most laughable of the lot. Caught him stone cold- PLAY ON!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL conspiracy keep changing rules every season & the interpretation of the rules week by week so fans start to pity the poor umpires for the numerous errors they make.
I'm hearing it everywhere lately "poor ump's it's the hardest game to officiate in the world" so lets take the Traditional bounce away from the pricks, which will only result in the demise of the giant ruckman from our great game a game for everybody tall or short & lets replace it with ump's who need to now be mind readers cos deciding if a player showed enough significant effort to keep the oval ball in play when he kicked it 40 metre out of his own defence under immense pressure only for the ball to take 3 bounces in 3 different directions before dribbling over the boundary, 1 metre in front of an opposition player who's waving his arms in the air appealing for deliberate instead of making any effort to take possession.
Gee I don't know what has become of our greatest game of all? & Da Gill wants to take AFL to the world, really!

A really long tongue?

Weren't they after one of those in another thread?

C'mon ferbs, shirley you know it's spelt TOUNGE in BF world.

I'm actually glad to see it spelt correctly for a change. :thumbsu:

Pathetic today. Free kicks 22 to 10. Hard for Dee's to win when it's 18 v 21.

I thought they screwed us today too. And that's not because they were being generous about HTBs and throws. At least they were consistant about that.

I'll add that they don't pay 50s for failing to deliver the ball to the player with a free kick immediately and on the full at all any more. A few weeks ago it was just against us (or so I thought) but I haven't seen one in any game I've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back