****** Umpires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very even game, Pendles decision was ridiculous but you can't blame a loss on one decision - people only notice the decisions like that that are at the end of the game - but that said it almost certainly did cost us the game.
I think the best result probably would have been a draw.

Geelong played very tight and didn't allow us the usual free rebound scoring.
Intensity and risk taking was down for first half and only really turned on in the last quarter, hopefully we'll learn from that. We can't fall into the trap of playing conservatively like royalty, have to play like reckless mongrels every game.

Geelong deserved to win. We were terrible in the 1st quarter and scratchy in the 2nd half. Conditions didn't suit us at all.

Some confusing umpire decisions, agree.

i have noticed this all season, only ball and thomas want to be first for the ball, pies other players have been happy to sit at the back of packs to get cheap kicks.

no wonder they lose the free kick counts consistently cause other teams have been hungrier for the ball.

That's bullshit. Your analysis is hopeless.

'coooooollllllllliiiinnnnngggggwwwooooooddddd'

We cheered that when we won a grand final. Do you know what they are over in Footscray? :)
Seriously mate, stick to losing prelims, troll the premiers when you've won something of significance.

Even though I put money on Geelong for the line bet, I though you guys were particularly hard done with some umpiring decisions in the first quarter, on top of some non-calls for the Pies as well.

A few things went your way after that but that was completely negated in the last quarter and it wasn't just the Pendels goal.

I'll review the game again but I am pretty sure I'm right.

I do the AFL Power Rankings every week, and given the umpiring, your outs, I'm guessing you will keep top spot this week.

Tonights game was decided by one thing, shithouse umpiring!!! this is not an excuse or deflection, any person with a half decent knowlege of footy could see we were totally screwed over in the 50/50 decisions, Turtle Selwood is a cheat and a blight on the game and i dont know how he sleeps at night, a dog of the purest form.
All in all we didnt play at 100% and i can handle us being beaten fair and square but those ******ts masquarading as umpires screwed us royaly and that was the difference.

crap. the umpiring was quite good, they let it go for the main part.

geelong got more frees at the start ut they were there. pies got last 3 frees in the last 4 minutes of the game btw.

collingwood will be better off for that loss.

the umpires arent responsile...geelong should of won by more.

quit winging, its not justified in this situation.

OK, Lets all calm dowm. Yes the umpires were a little confusing but thats life. We should be used to that.
Now tell me, who can come into Geelongs side and make them better?

I thought so.
Now, if Collingwood add Jolly, Maxwell, Johnson, MaCaffer and Beams would we be better? YES.

It's round 8. Lets not get to hung up on the result.I'm sure Mick and co are'nt.
Remember this time last year? Geelong won by 6 goals. How did last year end up?

Yep. Happy days ahead.

You're irrelevant. Go post on other non finalists boards.

But see i can live with the fact that my time isn't perfect and will lose games. Where as you guys think its ****ing 2012 and everyone is going to die. FFS grow up about it or just stop following the game. You have to expect these sorts of things to happen in such a tight competition these days.

Are you calling yourself a non finalist. Well that must be 1st for a collingwood supporter. Good luck next year then.

crap. the umpiring was quite good, they let it go for the main part.

geelong got more frees at the start ut they were there. pies got last 3 frees in the last 4 minutes of the game btw.

collingwood will be better off for that loss.

the umpires arent responsile...geelong should of won by more.

quit winging, its not justified in this situation.

Mate, it's official, Selwood is the new Judd. DO NOT TOUCH and Luke Ball has no head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To all the trolls out there, enjoy your day in the sun. We'll have ours again.

Geelong were better than us tonight.

The umpires had some howlers either way, but as a general rule applied a different threshold to pay free kicks I think.

The worst of the umpiring was unpaid frees against Dawes, but big guys often suffer that.

That's no shock really they've done it quite often this year eg GC have a very low threshold.
AFL likes even games is my opinion.

We'll be much better for that loss, we needed it badly IMO.

And the 50m in the third qrt (goal) was any different to one denied earlier in the game, urrm no, 1 free goal very influential, me think you guys should suck it up, we beat you all over the ground tonight. Boo HOO
If that's the case, and you only beat us by 3 points, when we were indeed without Jolls (most important player) Beamer, Johnno and Maxy (and Toovs for more than a half of footy), then you better hope we don't meet you in a final when we field our best 22.

That non-advantage was the wrong call, blind Freddy could see that, but we did deserve to lose by 8 or 9 goals tonight.

Chapman wins a free simply for throwing his head back. Selwood gets high tackle frees when he isn't even tackled high. They were pretty ridiculous. Dawes was molested repeatedly.

We were basically one advantage decision away from a win, playing average football, missing key personnel. Far from the end of the world.

If that was really our 'challenger' for later in the year, I wouldn't be too worried. Given the players we had out, and the 3 extra players they had on the field.

But see i can live with the fact that my time isn't perfect and will lose games. Where as you guys think its ****ing 2012 and everyone is going to die. FFS grow up about it or just stop following the game. You have to expect these sorts of things to happen in such a tight competition these days.

Are you calling yourself a non finalist. Well that must be 1st for a collingwood supporter. Good luck next year then.
Nic, you know me as best as anyone else on this forum. You know I'm a Collingwood supporter with a difference. I love the challenge. Tonight we deserved to lose. So what? It's Round 8 and Geelong will not win the flag this year. Sorry but they won't. We might not even win the flag but we are going to have a successful year nonetheless.

Fear our era.

The Pendlebury decision may have cost us the game, I'll cop that.

But what goes on with Joel Selwood generally and absolutely shown in the extreme tonight is an utter joke. He is well beyond Judd or any other pets, it is a farce.

Some of the other shit they fell for like Chapman's staged 'high' free kick in the last were just laughable, but Selwood and his ducking and diving, particularly when he should be getting pinged is a blight on the game. Not due to his performance of it, but the continual buying into it by umpires. Wake the **** up.

WTF. Your time is never. Mumbles is a gun coach??:rolleyes:

I'm surprised you've shown your 2nd head after last weeks reeming.
Picking out spelling errors you must be in trouble.

Funny that about the 2nd head thing. When I am no where near SA. Yeah we got flogged what of it? There isn't an arguement from me there. We played poorly and got what we deserved. See that I accepted the loss. Far cry from you.

Pendles decision was puzzling to say the least but we're just asking for trouble by starting moaning threads like this.

Man up, I know our players will.

Pretty much this. The players will harden up and move on.

We have a nine day break before the Cows next week, hopefully we can get a few important players back and teach the Cows a lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back