****** Umpires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meh, they probably had the run of the green, but they also played much better than us.

Joel Selwood gives me the absolute shits though. He is a gun but the most protected player in the game.

Today we witnessed Geelongs best footy and our worst. Credit to them they played great footy and were unlucky to not kick another 5 goals but I am pleased overall about our flag chances. We played our biggest flag threat without Johnson, Jolly( Our most important player), Beams and the captain Maxwell. We have another premiership player in MaCaffer who should be in the side out as well. Also I think the Cats have peaked, I dont think they will be able to sustain this form the whole season and have old players who will tire as the season goes on. The umps made a mistake with the Pendlebury goal but they did not cost us the game, we should be good enough to not be in that position where we rely on one call to win us the game.

Christ its round 8, HTFU!! you sound like saints fans!!

Bout sums this thread up.

What's with all the ***** on our board? There's a main board.

Why would Collingwood supporters have to post on the main board? ;)

Seriously though, if you guys were good enough to win tonight you would've. As we've learnt from our last 4 and a bit seasons at the top: don't let the opposition get close enough to win if decisions go their way. If you lose, and you're looking for reasons why, it's because you weren't good enough. That is all.

Why are so many Pies supporters being so diplomatic? "Confusing" and "puzzling" is just a cop out for pathetic decisions. The umpiring was APPALLING from start to finish. I don't post much, but I had to come on here tonight to see if I, and the people I was with, were losing our marbles. Geelong outplayed us, fine, BUT that's no excuse for their poor kicking. Poor kicking is poor football, and if it weren't for absolutely ****** disgraceful decisions then the game would have gone the other way, there is no other way of looking at it. They killed us in the stoppages, but you can't just blame Wood for that - lots of players went missing tonight... and yet they only won by 3 points - ha!

I generally hate it when people use the umps as an excuse, but by golly I went from reasonably calm to rabid, spittle flying mad in the space of 100 odd minutes.

Worst decisions (or non-decisions):
1. Dawes getting r*ped all night long
2. The holding the ball on Steele or Pendles in the first half when they were taken over the line
3. Davis giving hands and getting paid holding the man against him
4. Luke Ball zero free kicks, Joel Selwood six - :footy: just can't get one.
5. Obviously the non-advantage - the exact same thing happened the other way in the 3rd quarter, they went on to have a shot at goal due to the play stopping.

In short - start to finish, they had the run of it. The funny part for me was, when that egocentric midget Chamberlain finally paid a free to Dawesy, it was late in the final quarter, on the wing.

All year advantage has been played for continuous motion outside 50...bad call on Pendles...Dawes was monstered all night-the worst was in the last quarter where he was pinned in a bearhug in a marking contest...WHY DOESN'T LUKE BALL GET THE SAME FREE KICKS SELWOOD DOES?????? Selwood gets rewarded Ball gets penalized or ball up....50/50 holding decisions went Cats way tonight
However, the umpires didn't cost us the game! We had our chances but it was our worst side for the year...Toovs injury was monumental to our structure...I'll argue losing Toovs was worse than them losing Ling...we had a lot of players down...what do you do with Dids??? With our injuries - coming off the bye - structural changes - horrible conditions for skills - all in all I am pretty happy - there is daylight between the Cats and us vs the rest...
Geelong won this one...They will not beat us again in 2011

Umpire thread could have been left to good bad and ugle though....instead of fodder for trollers

Loving reading this thread, full credit to Cats fans, keep giving it to the Collingwood nuffies complaining.

Swings and roundabouts

Yeah pretty much, Geelong deserved it but it's only round 8. Think most fans got the reality check they needed.

I'll argue losing Toovs was worse than them losing Ling...

As soon as we lost Ling, Malthouse made a structural change and had Swan back in the middle where he had a big impact. Losing Ling hurt us. I can't comment on how important losing Toovey was to you guys, courageous effort, but other than that hit I didn't really notice him.

Sad to see so many excuses for a H&A game.

Seriously though, if you guys were good enough to win tonight you would've. As we've learnt from our last 4 and a bit seasons at the top: don't let the opposition get close enough to win if decisions go their way. If you lose, and you're looking for reasons why, it's because you weren't good enough. That is all.

Thanks for that.

I'll make sure to pass on your pearls of wisdom to Mick.:rolleyes:

All year advantage has been played for continuous motion outside 50...bad call on Pendles...Dawes was monstered all night-the worst was in the last quarter where he was pinned in a bearhug in a marking contest...WHY DOESN'T LUKE BALL GET THE SAME FREE KICKS SELWOOD DOES?????? Selwood gets rewarded Ball gets penalized or ball up....50/50 holding decisions went Cats way tonight

Couldn't agree more... obviously.

We had our chances but it was our worst side for the year...Toovs injury was monumental to our structure...I'll argue losing Toovs was worse than them losing Ling...we had a lot of players down...
I think it's more apt that they had their chances, and were lucky to have taken them in the end. Look at their first quarter, they could have ended the game there and then; we got back in it... then it was an arm wrestle. I think that if this game was umpired wherein both sides got the right calls made, we would have won - they outplayed us around in the middle, but our defense was rock solid and we took our chances up forward far better than they did. "Sorry" will be the reply from the AFL on the advantage one.

Toovs = massive loss for our structure and hardness around packs in defense, as well as drive. In my opinion one of the best spoilers going around. Made Chapman his b*itch until he was injured, just like in the prelim. :thumbsu:

what do you do with Dids???
Is it out of the question to say he might need a spell? Clearly not in peak condition.

Geelong won this one...They will not beat us again in 2011

I concur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, we probably didn't deserve to win, regardless of whether we deserved to lose.

But, I went with other Cats supporters, and even they acknowledged how pathetic the umpiring was. It was actually laughable from the game, interested to see what it was like on telly.

Things involving Davis, Dawes and Pendlebury were absolutely atrocious. Was really a joke at the game, I think it'll take at least a week to get the voice back. ****ing Geelong.

Oh well, didn't work out so bad last year, so eh.

Mate you couldnt have said it anybetter, we did not deserve to win the game becuase we were outplayed by a better team tonight. I still think we are the benchmark of the comp but Geelong played terrific football tonight and should have won by more, blaming the umps is just to blame someone else for the loss which is stupid.

The C**ts of Umps had money on the Pussie Cats

Come on Dave, we were shithouse tonight ffs. Its good that we lost in a way becuase we have been playing shit all year. Terrible performance by the boys, the umps were crap but they did not cost us the three points. I would be blaming the performance of Didak for costing us before the umps.

So you think it's more likely Malthouse will address the playing group telling them that they would've won if not for the umpires? Mick is a trail blazer, I'll give him that.

Yeah totally.:rolleyes:

What you said is damn obvious. Did you really need to come over to tell us that? The answer is no, you're over here trying to be patronising.

Now piss off back to the Geelong board.

Swan played almost 90 per sent of game time and was rested forward...Ling going off had little impact on the way MM uses Swan every week. In addition he copped a bad knock early in the game which restricted his normal impact.

I expect a non Collingwood supporter to have no clue what Toovey means to our backline. With pregame injuries to our backline, Toovey going off was a massive blow as Dick was the replacement sub. Our gameplan is all about structure. Swan HAD to spend more time up the ground with Dick replacing Toovey. Toovey completely had Chapman covered. I was not making excuses for our loss just pointing out a turning point in the game. Ling going off had little impact especially considering Swan was less than 100%. If you doubt Swan was injured then look at the last Menzel contest. If you want to post then have some knowledge of the opposition.

Yeah totally.:rolleyes:

What you said is damn obvious. Did you really need to come over to tell us that? The answer is no, you're over here trying to be patronising.

Now piss off back to the Geelong board.

Not trying to be patronising, or antagonistic. You say it's damn obvious which is ironic given this thread is blaming the umpires for the loss. Was a good, close game which both sides will take something from. Hope Toovey gets up okay and we'll see you again in Round 24. Until then, I'll "piss off back to the Geelong board". Cheers.

Mate you couldnt have said it anybetter, we did not deserve to win the game becuase we were outplayed by a better team tonight. I still think we are the benchmark of the comp but Geelong played terrific football tonight and should have won by more, blaming the umps is just to blame someone else for the loss which is stupid.

But I think this is where people miss the point. They may have outplayed us around the ground, stoppages, scoring shots, etc, but the fact of the matter is they won by less than a kick. If all things where equal in regards to the blatant advantage they had from the umps, would they have won? Obviously the answer is no.

Put simply, they DIDN'T deserve to win by more, because nothing other than their own inability to kick straight kept us in it. Conversely, we DID to deserve to have a better result due to being disadvantaged in a big way.

I don't usually like to rag on the umps, but tonight emphasized a need for one major thing. "Interpretation" and the rules have to be set in stone at the start of a season, and remain UNCHANGED from round 1 through to the finals. Big finals however should see the whistle being only pulled out for decisions that are 100%. See GFI and GFII (except for maybe being too forgiving on some holding the ball decisions) for perfect umpiring. Why can't it be like that every week?

Come on Dave, we were shithouse tonight ffs. Its good that we lost in a way becuase we have been playing shit all year. Terrible performance by the boys, the umps were crap but they did not cost us the three points. I would be blaming the performance of Didak for costing us before the umps.

I agree we where Terrible but the Umps Still had me Cursing in the Toliet after the game

I agree we where Terrible but the Umps Still had me Cursing in the Toliet after the game

Yeh I was going nuts becuase during the game you dont think that ah we have been outplayed we deserve to lose your still concentrating on winning the game. The umps were poor not saying they were good, but **** we need to switch on and play some good footy, we got the crows next week who we find it hard to play against got to win that and get back on track.

The problem is there is no consistency with the play on rule. No one knows what's goin on. Either let the ump decide 100% of the time or the players 100%. None of this grey area crasap that frustrates everyone.

Yeh I was going nuts becuase during the game you dont think that ah we have been outplayed we deserve to lose your still concentrating on winning the game. The umps were poor not saying they were good, but **** we need to switch on and play some good footy, we got the crows next week who we find it hard to play against got to win that and get back on track.

Yeah they just need to get back to work and Don't expect things to just Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back