Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw it, was a joke not to get 50, especially in light of some of the 50's Freo got. We just simply play under different rules to our opponents.
No bias, no aggenda sadly I’ve been right all along

Last edited:
yep. two specific umpires reamed us all game. paying dubious 50 s against and not paying us anything. guess where three of the field umpires were from? w.a.
Where the scumps are from is irrelevant , they all ream us

Gotta start by saying that I don’t think Bedford should be suspended, it was a fair tackle and absolutely nothing untoward in it

BUT.

Under how the AFL are now playing these incidents why wasn’t Tim Taranto awarded a free kick for a dangerous tackle and

Why the **** did the Umpires just restart play when there was a player clearly suffering from a had knock and concussion symptoms
Players are told they have the duty of care for each other and need to protect the safety of each others so why aren’t the umpires held to the same standard?

Ump shouldn’t of started play again made sure Taranto was out of the area

****ing Mickey Mouse league

Gotta start by saying that I don’t think Bedford should be suspended, it was a fair tackle and absolutely nothing untoward in it

BUT.

Under how the AFL are now playing these incidents why wasn’t Tim Taranto awarded a free kick for a dangerous tackle and

Why the **** did the Umpires just restart play when there was a player clearly suffering from a had knock and concussion symptoms
Players are told they have the duty of care for each other and need to protect the safety of each others so why aren’t the umpires held to the same standard?

Ump shouldn’t of started play again made sure Taranto was out of the area

****ing Mickey Mouse league

Should be a pretty simple question asked by the MRO/Tribunal.

Did taranto cause Taranto's head to hit the ground and concuss him, or did Bedford cause it? If it is the latter is has to be a suspension.

You are spot on wth the free kick and play should stop though, that is poor. We are seeing play stopped for players with slight limps etc. The umps should be instructed to stop play, check the player, and go from there. If the player indicates he needs to go off then stop play.

Should be a pretty simple question asked by the MRO/Tribunal.

Did taranto cause Taranto's head to hit the ground and concuss him, or did Bedford cause it? If it is the latter is has to be a suspension.

You are spot on wth the free kick and play should stop though, that is poor. We are seeing play stopped for players with slight limps etc. The umps should be instructed to stop play, check the player, and go from there. If the player indicates he needs to go off then stop play.
Hope he's not suspended. We get nothing out of it if he is. And GWS play Melbourne next week, so I'd rather they have their best possible team out on the pitch.

Should've been a free kick.

Hope he's not suspended. We get nothing out of it if he is. And GWS play Melbourne next week, so I'd rather they have their best possible team out on the pitch.

Should've been a free kick.

If they want to cut out concussions it is a suspension. He didn't mean it obviously, but his tackle and nothing else caused the concussion. Has to be weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they want to cut out concussions it is a suspension. He didn't mean it obviously, but his tackle and nothing else caused the concussion. Has to be weeks.
Yep, agree.

My point being, we get nothing out of it until they introduce a send-off rule.

There's been times over the years when a suspension to a bloke who's belted one of our players has been a disadvantage to us.

I'd rather GWS make the finals than Melbourne.

Yep, agree.

My point being, we get nothing out of it until they introduce a send-off rule.

There's been times over the years when a suspension to a bloke who's belted one of our players has been a disadvantage to us.

I'd rather GWS make the finals than Melbourne.

I suppose at the end of the day you want to see the best 8 performed teams make finals. Providing:

A) Pies miss finals
B) Bombers miss or fail to win a final
C) Blues find a way to not win the flag, and
D) Cats straight sets or out in a oner

I will be perfectly happy. :)

Bedford got three weeks for that tackle on TT, which is absolute bullshit.
But that’s the second time this year an oppo player has been suspended and we didn’t even get a free kick for it and in Broad’s case, he got a free against.
For the record this game is ****ed. Bedford should have just been given a free kick against and that’s it.
Three weeks for that is criminal.
AFL needs to realise that when set foot on a footy field, you accept the risks of an accident happening. What happened to Taranto was an accident.

But that’s the second time this year an oppo player has been suspended and we didn’t even get a free kick for it and in Broad’s case, he got a free against.
For the record this game is ****ed. Bedford should have just been given a free kick against and that’s it.
AFL needs to realise that when set foot on a footy field, you accept the risks of an accident happening. What happened to Taranto was an accident.
Yeah 3 weeks for that is absurd

Free kick was all it warranted

The AFL have created quite the mess

That's disgraceful. Bedford's tackle at the very least is a free kick (well not to Richmond of course). The fact that FOUR umpires were blindsided is utter nonsense.

I hope GWS challenge. The game is screwed.
You forgot the umpire on the microphone in the stands

The tackle was not in the back or high so no free kick was correct. The momentum of the tackle meant Taranto hit his head on the ground.

Tough luck for Bedford, that Taranto got concussed cos the penalty has been a suspension last couple of years. Mansell and others.

Tackle machine that boy.

Last edited:
That's disgraceful. Bedford's tackle at the very least is a free kick (well not to Richmond of course). The fact that FOUR umpires were blindsided is utter nonsense.

I hope GWS challenge. The game is screwed.
Wasted our money appealing Mansells
Sydney lost their appeal for Heeney

What'ya want? The 60s & 70s king hitting campaigners? GR running around at half time smacking campaigners?

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    217.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You reckon he could’ve told the ump there was a concussed player 2m away from him?
Do you reckon he SHOULD have told him there was a concussed player 2 m from him, where’s the duty of care , same as when good guy sniper got Prestia

Back