Under 18's teams in 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordon operate out of a really good spine that are really good when going but like last year their depth is not so great shut any 4 out of l. gunnell, m.gunnel, j.maher, r.aquilina, b.hallam and p. lahey and they are very beatable. in saying that, they are a pretty tough bunch of 6 to shut down. buninyong seem to be more level across the side and have the depth to go with most sides.
look forward to seeing buninyong and gordon clash again, looks like they will have to play each other twice at least before the year is out

also, can anyone tell me how many under 18 games sam turner has played this year, if any?

Sam Turner hasn't played a game yet this year but he still trains with the under 18s it sounds like he is not going 2 play 4 them at all cause he is going well in the firsts and the buninyong firsts will prob make finals

Sam Turner hasn't played a game yet this year but he still trains with the under 18s it sounds like he is not going 2 play 4 them at all cause he is going well in the firsts and the buninyong firsts will prob make finals

surely he would qualify. what if the 18s made it to the gf and the seniors didnt??? it would be silly for him not to play his 3 games.

haha well im not going to rate us as the best side
I just rate Gordon higher because i know what there capable of

what would make gordon a more capable team? buninyong have gone down by the smallest margin to you guys by a fair way, and also had more scoring oppurtunities however failed to capitalise.. i'm just interested to see why u think gordon are the better team?

surely he would qualify. what if the 18s made it to the gf and the seniors didnt??? it would be silly for him not to play his 3 games.

it would be good to have him in that case but it would be unfair to everyone else because one person that has played all year would have to get dropped for him to play and in my opinion that wouldn't be right.

it would be good to have him in that case but it would be unfair to everyone else because one person that has played all year would have to get dropped for him to play and in my opinion that wouldn't be right.

fair enough. but if you lose the grannie by 10 points??
and get beaten in the midfield??
(he would have played his 3 games btw)

fair enough. but if you lose the grannie by 10 points??
and get beaten in the midfield??
(he would have played his 3 games btw)

But we should be good enough to win the granny with the team that got us there we shouldn't have to bring in a senior player to win. thats if we get there of coarse. thats just my opinion nothing against sammy turner.

But we should be good enough to win the granny with the team that got us there we shouldn't have to bring in a senior player to win. thats if we get there of coarse. thats just my opinion nothing against sammy turner.

Are u kidding mate, your saying that you would rather not have sam turner which would seriously cut your chances of winning a grand final than have him cause that would b unfair 2 one player that would get dropped. What a joke you should definantly have your best side out there cause u need it. I am sure that most of your side would rather have him and go the best they can

Are u kidding mate, your saying that you would rather not have sam turner which would seriously cut your chances of winning a grand final than have him cause that would b unfair 2 one player that would get dropped. What a joke you should definantly have your best side out there cause u need it. I am sure that most of your side would rather have him and go the best they can

well this is were your wrong because even sam turner feels the same as me he said that he couldn't play in the granny if he was replacing a player that has played all year. so yer i am serious i think you have to earn your spot in the team no matter how good or shit ya are.

well this is were your wrong because even sam turner feels the same as me he said that he couldn't play in the granny if he was replacing a player that has played all year. so yer i am serious i think you have to earn your spot in the team no matter how good or shit ya are.

So basically u r saying that u would rather play without your best player. Sam Turner can think anything but i would think the coaches and rest of team would way rather him out there playing. If not your not really serious about going far this season r u. Or else u r afraid of being dropped

So basically u r saying that u would rather play without your best player. Sam Turner can think anything but i would think the coaches and rest of team would way rather him out there playing. If not your not really serious about going far this season r u. Or else u r afraid of being dropped

i wouldnt say they arnt serious, i think the point is loyalty to the players that got the team there, which is great i think. :thumbsu:
But on the other hand it would be useful to have him on the ready just in case there is an injury or someone cant play, it is still a few weeks to get to that stage yet.

Loyalty towards a club does have to work both ways.
But everyone has different opinions about this, neither is right or wrong. It depends on a lot of different circumstances.
Bunnies need to concentrate on getting there first.
surely they would make sure this kid plays the required games and then just let fate decide..

hepburn had the same issue last year with adding beau ryan to the grand final side, altho never had to worry about it after they missed the grand final. i know for us it was a real concern if he played but at the same time it does seem unfair for him to play in a side that had gone without him all year.
On the flip side if its an option that gives you the best possible chance then its one worth looking at.
It'l be interesting to see what option Buninyong go for, im guessing it will be a joint decision between the leadership group and Sam himself

i think that it wouldnt be unfair for sammy to play. it hasnt been his choice to play seniors and has more or less done it for the club even tho he may have had more fun playing with mate his own age.. he's trained with the 18s all year and has been a leader in our group and one of the most consistent even though he hasnt yet been let down to play in the 18s.

i think that it wouldnt be unfair for sammy to play. it hasnt been his choice to play seniors and has more or less done it for the club even tho he may have had more fun playing with mate his own age.. he's trained with the 18s all year and has been a leader in our group and one of the most consistent even though he hasnt yet been let down to play in the 18s.

that is true he has had alot to do with the under 18's this year always there to help out so he may deserve to play but he has said that he wouldn't feel right in playing when another player misses out that has played all year but i do agree that he helps out heaps for our under 18's side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So anyway back 2 footy a couple of major games this week wif buninyong V learmonth and gordon V creswick
who does every1 expect 2 win these and who r the major players that need 2 b shut down in either game

So anyway back 2 footy a couple of major games this week wif buninyong V learmonth and gordon V creswick
who does every1 expect 2 win these and who r the major players that need 2 b shut down in either game
learmonth v buninyong-buninyong should win but they need to shutdown aston and a few players in the midfield. learmonth need to shut down there midfeild and win more tap outs against buninyongs ruck man. gordon will be to strong but creswick must play there best if they have any chance

learmonth v buninyong-buninyong should win but they need to shutdown aston and a few players in the midfield. learmonth need to shut down there midfeild and win more tap outs against buninyongs ruck man. gordon will be to strong but creswick must play there best if they have any chance

im thinking our full back in mark tanis should beat aston pritty easy he is a skill full baclkine player along with kane gilbert and together they shoud keep our backline solid. mark is a pritty quick off the mark and he is a skill full hard worker down there for us. also do you know if learmonth have any other ruckman from bondy beacuse othewise i rwckon our ruckman could run all over him in havin two ruckman an advantage and they are both pritty fit and good ruckman

ill say gordon should dominate creswick i dont really rate them as that great of a team.. Must win game for bunnies we're probably the better team looking over results but we have struggled in other big games this year to our disadvantage.

Yeah i rekon that gordon should comforatably account 4 creswick as well. But buninyong learmonth should b a ripper of a game. Both sides seasons r on the line so it should b a great game. Buninyong have a few more goal kickers which will give them the edge a tough midfiels battle, hard 2 pick a winner but ill go buninyong by 7 pts

us bunny boys had a good win today was a crucial game for both teams on making finals. learmonth put the pressure on the last quater kicked a few goals was a good game. mark tanis eaily best on for us kept aston to 1 or 2 goals i think he was killing him. also alex miller played a good game

yer we lost once again only started playin after the first half finished.. aston kicked three goals and was one of our best easily. i think miller from bunninyong needs to stop worrying about getting his hair messed up the pansy.

your umpire is a disgrace. how many goals did you guys get off free kicks he needs a bullet. once again this is why we need real umpired so we dont have idiots like bunninyongs out there.

overall pretty good game we played like crap till last quarter.then thats what we played like last week against hepburn

what im sick of at learmonth is how the junior side of the club and the seniors are totally seperate. the senoir side of the club pretty much dont want to have anything to do with us the under18s.

there is no support from them or encouragement none of them come to our huddles to give us pointers.. for me its a joke. we are all on our own. id like to no what the situation is at other clubs with this issue or if it is an issue.

at my club its as if the under18s arent affiliated with the rest of the senior teams.

hepburn had the same issue last year with adding beau ryan to the grand final side, altho never had to worry about it after they missed the grand final.

beau had only played the one game anyway so he wouldnt have played in the granny

yer we lost once again only started playin after the first half finished.. aston kicked three goals and was one of our best easily. i think miller from bunninyong needs to stop worrying about getting his hair messed up the pansy.

your umpire is a disgrace. how many goals did you guys get off free kicks he needs a bullet. once again this is why we need real umpired so we dont have idiots like bunninyongs out there.

overall pretty good game we played like crap till last quarter.then thats what we played like last week against hepburn
i agree with brazell why do they umpire 13's in brat league wen its better skill at under 18s out in the country ?!?

yourv always got a excuse dont ya m8 maybe ya should stop winging bout umpires and admit that yas were beatin by a better team ya say ya played like crap maybe thats cos buninyong were better than yas?

what im sick of at learmonth is how the junior side of the club and the seniors are totally seperate. the senoir side of the club pretty much dont want to have anything to do with us the under18s.

there is no support from them or encouragement none of them come to our huddles to give us pointers.. for me its a joke. we are all on our own. id like to no what the situation is at other clubs with this issue or if it is an issue.

at my club its as if the under18s arent affiliated with the rest of the senior teams.

Its called the make or break process....either make it yourself or break away from the club :D
But seriously it does differ from club to club, some do have a strong senior involvement whilst others have a stronger parent support base. I dont think the seniors have alot to do with 18s out bungaree, but they have others around to do the encouraging etc. and their results speak for themselves. (it may be different these days).
Im thinking the biggest prob out ur way is that u lack on both sides with little parent support and no senior help.

On the other hand the team do need to take some responsibility and seek out this support u need, ask the senior/ressies coaches, ask the players and ask ur parents. Put up notices in the rooms.... Otherwise nothings gunna change.

By the way not all grades in the BFL get umpires as u all may think. Often the ressies have club umps, and thats just what i know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back