Under 19.5 Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

BnF underdog for me is Brayden Schibeci from Marby Park, good foot skills and they go through him a lot, similar to Rocca not as many to steal votes off him

Yeah true and stands out a bit too!!
Yeah douttas really pushing there luck with doing that too. There is bending the rules then there is Doing the wrong thing. I tend to think its the latter but anyway..

Yeah true and stands out a bit too!!
Yeah douttas really pushing there luck with doing that too. There is bending the rules then there is Doing the wrong thing. I tend to think its the latter but anyway..

Yeah I agree with you but hey whats done is done no point carrying on about it.

Big game for Marby this week, need to beat Keilor to be any chance to make finals.

Finals prediction: Abers to win it from Keilor. Keilor beat Abers by 10 goals last time around, but with a full list will be too strong in finals. Will be interesting to see what cards both coaches play in the last round. Brett Gourley too much experience when it counts though and will find a way to get it done. I want to know why P Brookes from Doutta Stars isn't at Calder? He has shown plenty the 2 times I have seen them this year. Rasinac is a very good player, but needs to have a good hard look at himself with that haircut he has at the moment.

Yeah I agree with you but hey whats done is done no point carrying on about it.

Big game for Marby this week, need to beat Keilor to be any chance to make finals.
Hugeeee game for Marby This week can they beat keilor?? Think marby have a few boys back so it could be interesting . And if they don't win this week they could get it done against douttas potentially to make finals. Huge couple of weeks of under 18 football!!!!

A
Finals prediction: Abers to win it from Keilor. Keilor beat Abers by 10 goals last time around, but with a full list will be too strong in finals. Will be interesting to see what cards both coaches play in the last round. Brett Gourley too much experience when it counts though and will find a way to get it done. I want to know why P Brookes from Doutta Stars isn't at Calder? He has shown plenty the 2 times I have seen them this year. Rasinac is a very good player, but needs to have a good hard look at himself with that haircut he has at the moment.

Agree Abers coach must be doing something right I have heard him talk a few times now and he obviously knows what he is doing. I heard a rumour that brookes was at cannons? But I may be wrong. But I havnt seen rasinacs new cut sounds interesting though.

A

Agree Abers coach must be doing something right I have heard him talk a few times now and he obviously knows what he is doing. I heard a rumour that brookes was at cannons? But I may be wrong. But I havnt seen rasinacs new cut sounds interesting though.

Brookes not on Cannons list but should be next year being a 1st year player, another one that could win comp BnF actually, Kicked 10,9,8 surely thats 9 votes from those 3 weeks! Players like Toa, Hobbs and Myers could steal votes from him though.

Yeah not bad.. Something like that could work although I guess initially hard to implement.

Changing the subject again I know we talk about up and coming players a lot but what about some of the coaches?? Are there any real good coaches coming through the ranks?? Isnt the guy from Abers 18s going for like 5 in a row?? I know they usually have a strong list but surely he is doing something pretty special down there.. Thoughts guys??
Seen a lot of these blokes Coach, and some of the bigger clubs just role out the same footy clonal diatribe. Some of the more struggling sides seem to be rather inventive, and they seem to work harder at their craft. I've watched the Coach at APW and I thought he was working his players magnificently, similarly the Coach at West Coburg. Sometimes the footy factories may get all the results, but it's definitely not a true indication of the work that goes into some of the lesser sides. Kids will go to the factories because they co-relate sitting on the bench at a Super Club as being successful, and the guys at the lower end Clubs struggle to retain or improve their lists, not because they are lesser Coaches, or because they can't deliver a quality program, they simply don't have a Club who can recruit, or who seem less interested in the 18's, and therefore put less effort in there.

Seen a lot of these blokes Coach, and some of the bigger clubs just role out the same footy clonal diatribe. Some of the more struggling sides seem to be rather inventive, and they seem to work harder at their craft. I've watched the Coach at APW and I thought he was working his players magnificently, similarly the Coach at West Coburg. Sometimes the footy factories may get all the results, but it's definitely not a true indication of the work that goes into some of the lesser sides. Kids will go to the factories because they co-relate sitting on the bench at a Super Club as being successful, and the guys at the lower end Clubs struggle to retain or improve their lists, not because they are lesser Coaches, or because they can't deliver a quality program, they simply don't have a Club who can recruit, or who seem less interested in the 18's, and therefore put less effort in there.

I agree with your comments that some of these other coaches don't get the recognition because the results don't reflect the way they coach or effort they put in. I wouldn't be surprised if the 18s APW coach joins Brett at Abers next season. They are good mates and I believe he chose not to go to Abers this year to give APW a chance at finals. Unfortunately due to the Cupido situation, out of necessity, he hasn't been able to get a full strength team on the park. 6-7 18s have been playing seniors all year. I feel sorry for the coaches in the bottom teams as they have to focus on just getting a team together week in week out, rather than being able to focus on executing game plans.

Good to hear Brookes and Rasinac played seniors yesterday... Both deserved a crack.

Bonello continues to dominate with another bag of 7 yesterday. To stop him you need to copy that of Gibson from Hawthorn. You need a player willing to leave his man when the ball is in the air and come across the contest.

I think Rasinac will go back to back league medals.

I agree with your comments that some of these other coaches don't get the recognition because the results don't reflect the way they coach or effort they put in. I wouldn't be surprised if the 18s APW coach joins Brett at Abers next season. They are good mates and I believe he chose not to go to Abers this year to give APW a chance at finals. Unfortunately due to the Cupido situation, out of necessity, he hasn't been able to get a full strength team on the park. 6-7 18s have been playing seniors all year. I feel sorry for the coaches in the bottom teams as they have to focus on just getting a team together week in week out, rather than being able to focus on executing game plans.

Good to hear Brookes and Rasinac played seniors yesterday... Both deserved a crack.

Bonello continues to dominate with another bag of 7 yesterday. To stop him you need to copy that of Gibson from Hawthorn. You need a player willing to leave his man when the ball is in the air and come across the contest.

I think Rasinac will go back to back league medals.

I agree with you about Airport West, if they had there full u18 squad to pick from they would be much more competitive. I heard they also kicked out a few good player for behavioural reasons which is a good sign.

I'm a big fan of under agers getting a senior run, most sides have now done it as some stage this year, shows off a little bit of the future!

I agree with you about Airport West, if they had there full u18 squad to pick from they would be much more competitive. I heard they also kicked out a few good player for behavioural reasons which is a good sign.

I'm a big fan of under agers getting a senior run, most sides have now done it as some stage this year, shows off a little bit of the future!
Also watched the Greenvale Coach pretty closely on the weekend, they went down to AH, but the Coach put in a good effort, and his address to the group after the game was spot on. They also have a few playing Seniors each week, as do the AH side, and I would suspect that most of the sides toward the bottom lose at least 2 of their best players each week to Senior duties. It's great for the kids, but skews the results a lot where they don'y have the second side to top up.

With one round to go looks as though WC will get that fourth spot. Almost impossible for MP to make it now. And who is your tips for Abers keilor this week?? And obviously the result doesn't matter in terms of ladder position but will both coaches play there best teams? Or will they hold back for the following week?? Interesting to see the tactics here. the result could mean nothing but it also could mean a lot in terms of mind games.

With one round to go looks as though WC will get that fourth spot. Almost impossible for MP to make it now. And who is your tips for Abers keilor this week?? And obviously the result doesn't matter in terms of ladder position but will both coaches play there best teams? Or will they hold back for the following week?? Interesting to see the tactics here. the result could mean nothing but it also could mean a lot in terms of mind games.

I think with abers they have to play there full side because they haven't played a lot of footy with each other this year but they might be comfortable with the past few games they have had together and throw things around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abers will want revenge after a 10 goal loss. I think both sides will have their full lists. But neither coach will show their trump cards. They will just be both identifying weaknesses in structures and the players. There's a reason Abers have won 4 in a row. Amazing playing list and know how to win the big one. If it was me I would have my money locked on them to win their 5th. West Coburg could be the roughies as they have pushed both Abers and Keilor, and I'm sure they have some boys in the seniors.

Abers will want revenge after a 10 goal loss. I think both sides will have their full lists. But neither coach will show their trump cards. They will just be both identifying weaknesses in structures and the players. There's a reason Abers have won 4 in a row. Amazing playing list and know how to win the big one. If it was me I would have my money locked on them to win their 5th. West Coburg could be the roughies as they have pushed both Abers and Keilor, and I'm sure they have some boys in the seniors.

I think West Coburg will struggle on big ground! Douttas will get a few back as well assuming their seniors make finals and cannons lose first week of finals!

I tend to disagree about the big oval... West Coburg beat Douttas by 48 points in round 15 at Douttas. Douttas might have a few to come back, but West Coburg will have a couple. Makes for an interesting elimination final.

I tend to disagree about the big oval... West Coburg beat Douttas by 48 points in round 15 at Douttas. Douttas might have a few to come back, but West Coburg will have a couple. Makes for an interesting elimination final.

Yeah thats a good point. I definitely still think they are better on a smaller ground but could still be competitive on a big ground clearly.

Abers looked the goods today, not sure how many Keilor rested, but Abers have been the best "movement" team this season, seamlessly transitioning the ball from defence to the forward line, or switching and opening up their opposition with their run and carry time after time. They have been very good to watch, and regardless of todays result, I think still have some in the reserve tanks. Mind you, 28 scoring shots to 11 is resounding, they look the goods.

Abers looked the goods today, not sure how many Keilor rested, but Abers have been the best "movement" team this season, seamlessly transitioning the ball from defence to the forward line, or switching and opening up their opposition with their run and carry time after time. They have been very good to watch, and regardless of todays result, I think still have some in the reserve tanks. Mind you, 28 scoring shots to 11 is resounding, they look the goods.

Yeah I didn't get to see the game but heard it was pretty convincing. Keilor must've rested a few surely??

Where did Abers win it yesterday?

Interesting Douttas lost to Marby Park! Could Douttas lose first week of finals or with all the boys playing Seniors coming back down will they be a threat?

Where did Abers win it yesterday?

Interesting Douttas lost to Marby Park! Could Douttas lose first week of finals or with all the boys playing Seniors coming back down will they be a threat?
Clean skills, and ability to open Keilor up with a quick switch. Abers have players who are very good at thinking 2 or 3 phases ahead, and working to those. They moved the ball really quick. But mostly just cleaner skills.

Abers still have 3 to come back into that side. So anyone Keilor has rested will need to be very handy come finals time. I called it last week... Abers too much fire power with an experienced coach when it counts. Will win 5 in a row. West Coburg could be a sneaky threat to make the gf if they overcome Douttas.

Abers still have 3 to come back into that side. So anyone Keilor has rested will need to be very handy come finals time. I called it last week... Abers too much fire power with an experienced coach when it counts. Will win 5 in a row. West Coburg could be a sneaky threat to make the gf if they overcome Douttas.

Having a look at the sides Keilor without Tonkich, Ham, Antovski and Bradley.
Abers without Brown and Hanna, not sure who else they have to bring in, Bytel?

You are spot on with your analysis Zinger! Haha I like it. You are definitely in the know. Bytel is the 3rd one missing. And I'm pretty sure Antovski won't be back this year? From my reports he is out for the season.

Having a look at the sides Keilor without Tonkich, Ham, Antovski and Bradley.
Abers without Brown and Hanna, not sure who else they have to bring in, Bytel?
Yeah I saw Riley ham play earlier in the year he looked good and I think played some jets footy?? Where has he been?? Keilor will be hard to stop if those guys come back in!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Under 19.5 Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back