HFC10

Rookie
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
I've just been doing the rounds on the internet and official websites and can't find much info on the Under 20's Melbourne v Wests game.

Melbourne are $1.47 and Wests $2.30 ish?

Has anyone been following these two throughout the year, i know Melbourne have surprised even themselves to make the final and are now favourites.

Can anyone do a mini review and list the players to look out for?

Cheers all, enjoy tomorrow!

Top 4 was

Manly
St George
Melbourne
Wests Tigers

Melbourne got to play their home final in Melbourne, Wests Tigers got sent to the Gold Coast to play Brisbane (A team we struggle against) so the Storm have had an easier run through the finals.

Results were 1 win apiece this year. The Tigers actually did quite well at Olympic Park.

Hopefully it's a cracker of a game, I am worried about it though (From a Tigers fan perspective)

I've just been doing the rounds on the internet and official websites and can't find much info on the Under 20's Melbourne v Wests game.

Melbourne are $1.47 and Wests $2.30 ish?

Has anyone been following these two throughout the year, i know Melbourne have surprised even themselves to make the final and are now favourites.

Can anyone do a mini review and list the players to look out for?

Cheers all, enjoy tomorrow!

You said you tried the website..I actually thought the Storm website had a link to the u20's list...
Try googling it under Thunderboltz if not.

Players to look out for are Jesse Bromwich, Matt Duffie and a host of talented guys;)
Seeing you live in Brisbane you will be able to see all of the g/f teams on Ch.9?
Here in Melbourne, we only get the u20's on Foxtel commencing 2pm Melb. time.

r446947_2167873.jpg

Great day! :D

Bad luck by the way meltiger. It was a cracker in the end.

Good win. The fullback for the Tigers was great. Is he staying at the Tigers?

Jake Mullaney. I believe so.

As for the game, obviously not the result I wanted but a cracker of a contest. re: The winning try. I know the Tigers are whinging about it but I personally thought the fullback missed it altogether with his hand and his torso placed the ball.

Would have agreed with awarding it personally.

I was pleased with the boys, the vast majority of them are backing up next year, so they will be right back up there again next season.

Not sure of the name of the bloke you're talking about but I think he may have blown a try. In the end didn't matter as Melbourne won, but there was this HUGE Islander that had ripped us to shreds, he approaches Mullaney, slows and passes?!

We actually commented at the time that he should have just kept going as he woulds have trampled Mullaney lol

If we're thinking of the same guy, then yeah absoloutely agree was super impressive.

Was also pleased with the Fifita twins for us too. The one that started was causing Melbourne all sorts of trouble. Will be in first grade regularly within 18 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be Pita Maile, 100kg centre...

Widdop got a finger to that winning try, no doubt.

Mullaney looks might promising, so does Dane Chisolm.

Widdop and Bromich are certainties for first grade imo, they are great players
chisolm and kelly are great halves too
i like rochow too :D

Bromwich deffinately but players like Widdop will need to move on for opportunitys, cant see him displacing Slater at fullback and would seem wasted on a wing

Jake Mullaney is going to be a very fine player for the tigers, but seems as though he would be out of depth defensively in the NRL, maybe a year or two in Premier league and the gym, And the Fifita twins will be stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Under 20's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back