Unpopular Cricket Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Or you know the one pitch that was meant to be a spinners pitch: the SCG

Though I wouldn't actually mind the MCG or Junction Oval becoming a dust bowl
The SCG is unique. Not exactly a dust bowl so I'd keep it that way personally and have a dust bowl at the 'G

The SCG is unique. Not exactly a dust bowl so I'd keep it that way personally and have a dust bowl at the 'G
I'm not sure it is that unique really. Which ever way you look at it the WACA, GABBA and Bellrevie are all paceman pitches that each offer something slightly different. While AO, MCG and SCG are all fairly similar. AO will probably always be the batsman pitch, so you really should change one of the other two. I don't care that much but thought it would make more sense to make the one that is traditionally a spinners pitch more so

Would hate for the MCG to be turned into a dustbowl.

SCG is supposed to be the best pitch for spin bowling in Australia.

Why?
I mean the MCG is a drop in so there's no history or tradition to ruin

Because it has a tradition of being one way back when. The West Indies when they were I their pomp would drill the Aussies 4-0 but lose in Sydney on a turner with bowlers like bob holland or Murray Bennett taking a bag of wickets. Think even Allan border got 9 or 10 for the game one year against them bowling his left arm orthodox

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think they'd be better off doing dust bowls against say Bangladesh or Zimbabwe next time they have a test series in Australia. It'll be out of season most likely and the venues that would get it, would cater to whatever CA would like.

Because it has a tradition of being one way back when. The West Indies when they were I their pomp would drill the Aussies 4-0 but lose in Sydney on a turner with bowlers like bob holland or Murray Bennett taking a bag of wickets. Think even Allan border got 9 or 10 for the game one year against them bowling his left arm orthodox

It wasn't the spin, or the condition of the pitch so much, it was more the inability of the West Indians to play balls flighted above the eye level that saw them undone.

The Boxing Day Test is one of my least favourite of the summer, purely because of the horrible spongy pitches they turn out. It's a crying shame that the best venue in the country has one of the dodgiest surfaces.

Another great performance tonight. The guy is incredibly talented.
If he were to get a shot in the Aussie set up I have no doubt he'd succeed and go on to have a great career. I just hope he gets the chance, because there are so many bowlers at the moment who are probably ahead of him in terms of being noticed. He didn't get the same haul last night, but Pat Cummins looked hugely impressive last night, and he's one who has already been given a chance and done (very) well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unpopular Cricket Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back