Unpopular Cricket Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard different opinions on this, but I love having a number of associates at the world cup, and T20 WC.

While they may get smashed 80% of the time, there is always the odd surprise, and it's good fun seeing the newer nations play. I'm quite looking forward to seeing India vs UAE in the world cup.

Have heard different opinions on this, but I love having a number of associates at the world cup, and T20 WC.

While they may get smashed 80% of the time, there is always the odd surprise, and it's good fun seeing the newer nations play. I'm quite looking forward to seeing India vs UAE in the world cup.

I don't understand why people don't like the Associates.

It seems insular.

Having the Assocites is great. Sure, games get one-sided often, but that happens with the full member nations often enough anyway.

Not sure if this is unpopular or not, an Associate may go in as favouries against a full member nation for the first times. Zimbabwe v Ireland in Hobart, I'd be tipping Ireland.

Having the Assocites is great. Sure, games get one-sided often, but that happens with the full member nations often enough anyway.

Not sure if this is unpopular or not, an Associate may go in as favouries against a full member nation for the first times. Zimbabwe v Ireland in Hobart, I'd be tipping Ireland.

Ireland should be given test status, this will also prevent another place for England to poach players.

The fuss around the actions of spin bowlers is detrimental to both the art of spin bowling and the game itself. The rules around spin bowling actions should be relaxed so that only actions that may garner a significant advantage or look out of place to the naked eye are looked at. No wonder spin bowling is going out of fashion, give the discipline some slack.

I think it's more of a NZ want to play tests at home, we want to play tests at home. They clash. Wouldn't object to 3 tests in Aus and 3 there if we could all fit them in
I remember that massive 50 over total we got, only to be overrun a couple of yr ago. In NZ. I just think now NZ have more definition esp regarding results in UAE that it should convince The Establishment to create a southern series with South Africa and keep these teams constantly running as much as India do. I worry about the West Indies though. They need help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember that massive 50 over total we got, only to be overrun a couple of yr ago. In NZ. I just think now NZ have more definition esp regarding results in UAE that it should convince The Establishment to create a southern series with South Africa and keep these teams constantly running as much as India do. I worry about the West Indies though. They need help.
I wish we played India and England a little less to play more different nations. Shouldn't play the same test nation in a test series within 12-18 months of the last one

Afraid? We would almost certainly win 5-0. CA wouldn't make any money out of it and it wouldn't catch the interest of the general public.
Yes unpopular, but New Zealand's results do warrant closer attention to the benefit of cross Tasman rivalry.

The fuss around the actions of spin bowlers is detrimental to both the art of spin bowling and the game itself. The rules around spin bowling actions should be relaxed so that only actions that may garner a significant advantage or look out of place to the naked eye are looked at. No wonder spin bowling is going out of fashion, give the discipline some slack.
No way - the current crackdown has put things back in order - Murali should have been subjected to the same rulings that the current players are - he would have finished with less than 200 wickets at 40.

No way - the current crackdown has put things back in order - Murali should have been subjected to the same rulings that the current players are - he would have finished with less than 200 wickets at 40.

Absolutely not. No way Murali deserved the scrutiny he received and we would have been denied one of the great all time bowlers. Spin bowling should be nurtured, not discouraged. **** the 15 degree rule and all this biomechanical testing. Spin Bowling will die out in 20 years if we keep going down this path, will be placed in the too hard basket by up and coming players.

I reckon CA are "afraid" that a longer series against NZ could be over within a couple of tests. Last year's Ashes were great after how ordinary we'd been since 2006/7 but you don't want to see a 5 test series with two dead rubbers.

That being said I'd love to see us play NZ more. They're looking good at the moment, but I think we should go the same 3/3 model with tests here and in NZ.

I wish we played India and England a little less to play more different nations. Shouldn't play the same test nation in a test series within 12-18 months of the last one

Normally we only play England twice in a 4 year period.

2002/3
2006/7
2010/11
2013/14

The most recent Ashes and the next series have been pushed forward because of the WC in our 2014/15 summer. The next Ashes tour should be in 2017, but TPTB don't want to have a 3 and a half year gap between Ashes tests.

I wish we played Pakistan more. I remember back in the 90s when we could/would still tour there, we had some great clashes. They've been relegated to Bangladesh/Zimbabwe territory in test planning these days.

i think five test series should be reserved for series between any two of england india and australia, due to viability more than anything. only other team id like to have five test series with is south africa because those matches are inevitably epic

i think five test series should be reserved for series between any two of england india and australia, due to viability more than anything. only other team id like to have five test series with is south africa because those matches are inevitably epic

No thanks. Keeping five Test series to the big three only pretty much furthers their dominance.
Australia is afraid of playing a five test series against NZ.

Afraid of losing money, perhaps.

No thanks. Keeping five Test series to the big three only pretty much furthers their dominance.

Afraid of losing money, perhaps.

Which is the reason why five test series are only viable between the big three.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see five test series between all nations. It's just that it isnt a realistic option. We will revert back to three test series between all nations before lesser nations see five test series.

Two test 'series' can **** right off though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unpopular Cricket Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back