Up the Arse! Goons thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More injury news, believe it or not.

Rosicky could be back against Pompey.

Bendtner though appears to be out for a further 3 weeks. Shit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...tack-as-Nicklas-Bendtner-suffers-setback.html

Cesc looks set to miss the Pompey, FA cup tie w/West Ham, both Bolton and Everton matches.

With bendtner sustaining another setback, surely this will make Wegner dip into the transfer market for a striker in jan?

Don't get Bellamy. :thumbsdown:

No chance that will happen, I really hope we go for gervinho although he is not a big target man but I don't believe we need one in the mould of ade. I hope we go after a CB because of TV or gallas get injured we could be in serious trouble. I seriously wouldn't mind getting parker for under 10mil, I'm of the opinion that cameroon will go far in the ACN.

Team news vs Portsmouth

A recurrence of Fabregas' hamstring injury will keep him out of this game. Severity of the injury will be discovered later today. Denilson is also a major doubt after he aggravated an existing back injury.

Tomas Rosicky may be fit for this match though. Nicklas Bendtner is out for a further 3 weeks with his groin injury.

Emmanuel Eboue should have already travelled to Angola for the ACN and won't be available. Alex Song will be available for the remainder of this week (2 matches).

Predicted lineup ...

Almunia
Sagna - Gallas - Vermaelen - Traore
Song
Ramsey - Diaby
Nasri - Arshavin - Eduardo

Subs: Fabianski, Silvestre, Rosicky, Wilshere, Merida, Walcott, Vela

Sidelined: Djourou (knee), Clichy (back), Gibbs (foot), Eboue (International duty), Denilson (back), Fabregas (hamstring), Bendtner (groin), van Persie (ankle)

Prediction: Portsmouth 0 - 2 Arsenal

Broadcast Details: Thursday 31 December - 06:40 AM (AEST) on Fox Sports 2

Credit must be given to Gallas, if any bloke needed to pull his head in after last seasons carry on`s it was him. He has been absolutely superb this season.

Good call. Actually our all of our defenders have been pretty good individually, although as a team we still need to improve when defending, especially set pieces.

Latest paper talk is a loan deal for Huntelaar. Meh.

Huntelaar is ace. He scores goals, given the right environment.

Arguably better than van Persie (at least on a similar level), and certainly better than Bendtner, Eduardo and anyone else you have. Not to mention a better player than the lad from Bordeaux that you've been linked heavily with.

He has scored 2 goals in 6 months.

Sure he hasn't been given much of a chance, but I'm not expecting him to come here and start banging in the goals. As just a loan deal, I wouldn't be against it but it's just paper talk at the moment.

Bit hard when you've put someones nose out of joint and they refuse to play you.

if it does happen i think it would be a very smart signing as he starts to play a lot better when he strings consecutive games together which he would be able to do at arsenal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else notice that we have 3 free-kick goals in the last three matches? I swear that we hadn't scored a direct free-kick in around three seasons. I guess when it rains it pours.

Ye usually RVP ends up hitting the posts with FK. Anyway we easily disposed of pompey, Song motm for me completely bossed the game. Ramsey also did very well can't believe his only 19.

Alex Song was a beast again tonight.

I said this in the matchday thread but he has to be a contender as the most improved player in the premier league this season.

That being said, where going to miss him in Jan.

Clichy wasn't exactly a rock in defence either.

BTW, Cesc is out for 10-14 days (could miss 3-4 matches).

Don't you guys only have two more matches in the next 14 days? Or are you not talking only Premier League.

So I'm guessing cesc will miss miss west ham(FA cup) and bolton, not too bad. I'd like wenger to rest gallas or vermalen for a match or so these guys have played a lot but is it really worth running the risk of having senderos or slivestre playing? Diaby was dominating the first half but went missing in the 2nd not really his type of game I think, has anyone noticed his and song's amazing chip passes of late it's a real shame RVP isn't back to latch on to them (e.g everton last year) because eduardo sucks right now.

Anyway alex song you beastttt please dont get injured and I hope your country does shit.:thumbsu:

I'm not sure about resting Gallas or Verm. They have been awesome all year so I'd wait and see at this stage. Maybe give them a rest just before we play the top 3 sides in a row in late January.

Eduardo has started to look better recently. Arshavin was the flat one this morning.

I'm not sure about resting Gallas or Verm. They have been awesome all year so I'd wait and see at this stage.

Eduardo has started to look better recently. Arshavin was the flat one this morning.

I would rest one of them for the cup game this weekend.

Definitely agree about Eduardo, he looked like the black dog was following him around since the UCL diving incident but has improved since his tap in against Hull. Arshavin is looking tired and a different player when Cesc isn't on the pitch. I would rest him for the cup game as well.

Song was fantastic again today, it is an enormous credit to him (and surprise to be honest) that we are going to miss him so much during the ACN. Diaby was strong again, especially when the game was there to be won. Rambo looks like he is going to be a quality. Keep them together Arsene!

Must say I was worried going into the game for a few reasons others have mentioned and was very glad to see how we took care of business.

Some interesting stuff from Wenger on ATVO.

Hinted at some changes for the FA Cup match. Says Senderos has had a "foot injury" and is a chance to start. He looked certain to be sold but apart from loaning out Wilshere, he says he doesn't expect anybody to leave permanently.

Also says he isn't interested in Huntelaar but will still look to sign another striker. Despite our shortage in strikers atm, pointed out that we're on track to score 100+ goals this season which would be an EPL record.

Despite our shortage in strikers atm, pointed out that we're on track to score 100+ goals this season which would be an EPL record.

Damned lies and statistics; putting away 4/5/6 goals in one game against the likes of Wigan, Portsmouth, Blackburn and Wolves covers up for dire scoreless outings against Sunderland and Chelsea, where we never even looked like threatening precisely because we lacked the tactical option of "put it in the air to the CF"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back