Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wolves, Aston Villa, Brighton, Spurs and Man City is a pretty tough start. I find the start of a season is when good mid-table teams like Wolverhampton and Brighton are at their most dangerous, so I feel the way we come out of that start will probably give a good indication of where we are in our title challenge.

Anyone with any thoughts about the Arsenal fixture for 2024-25?

Getting some of those tough away fixtures early in the season I prefer actually. Provided of course the players are ready again to hit the ground running when the new season starts.

Arteta is already in Marbella in a mini pre pre season style camp with a select group of players who aren’t away on international duty. I believe there’s 6-7 of them there at the moment with more to join shortly.

He looks to extract every marginal gain he can, and I’m sure the club is aware of the important of leaning into the squad to start the new season well with a few players potentially needing to be eased in depending how deep some of them go in the Euros/Copa etc.

This new fixture on paper provides an “easier” run in next April and May. As well as Arsenal did in the closing weeks in the season just finished, the question mark would’ve been how would we fare if there was a mid week CL semi final away to Madrid or City etc, that would’ve provided a whole different challenge. And hopefully come next April, that’s where we find our ourselves contending again.

Very quiet when it comes to transfer Rumours.
Normally we linked with everyone.

Yes it’s quietish across the market given the major tournaments currently taking place. Would expect the activity to ramp up significantly afterwards.

I think the Sesko thing was more so a market opportunity at the time prior to the Euros starting. However am sure there’s plenty happening behind the scenes.

This summer I’d suggest it’s going to be more so quality rather than quantity for Arsenal. Likely there’ll be more outgoings than incoming. And in terms of acquisitions, Arsenal would only be seeking perhaps 2 or 3 from the top shelf.

So happy for him. That’ll (temporarily) shut up the ****ing racists who no doubt are circling around waiting to blame the black footballers for if England exit the tournament.

He was brilliant this morning, had them on toast getting behind their and should’ve had a few assists if the strikers had done their job and arrived into the box in time to capitalise. A trademark Saka goal to level the scores and a clinical penalty to go with his all round game.

I dont particularly root for England however I absolutely support Saka, Rice and co.

Someone tell me about this Italian CB we are seemingly about to sign? I've read he can play that inverted role, and generally plays as a roaming CB in Motta's visionary gameplan.

Is it me, or does signing an Italian from the Serie A cause some trepidation?

I'd have thought a midfielder was the biggest and most pressing need too, followed by a backup for Saka.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone tell me about this Italian CB we are seemingly about to sign? I've read he can play that inverted role, and generally plays as a roaming CB in Motta's visionary gameplan.

I'd have thought a midfielder was the biggest and most pressing need too, followed by a backup for Saka.

I remain skeptical with this, it’s all originating out of Italy and Fabrizio. None of the usual/reliable sources out of London are saying it’s as close as they’re suggesting. Have no doubt there’s interest however. But I’m always cynical about this given how hard linked Arsenal and Locatelli, Vlahovic etc

Kiwior seems to be attracting interest to go back to Serie A so perhaps this transaction does happen. I do agree the adaption from there to the PL is a question mark, and probably why Arteta has preferred Premiership proven players in recent windows.

A midfielder and forward will still very likely happen. The sequence and order of these transactions don’t always align with the order of priority, especially with international tournaments still ongoing. Deals would be progressing behind the scenes during this time.

Serie A signing normally cause trepidation because historically, the very best Italian players don't come to England.

The very best Italian players traditionally end up at Juve, Inter, AC, Roma etc etc. long before they ever get the chance to come to England.

Think of all the Italians to have played in the Premier League and how many of them were/became genuine stars? 99% of them were burnt out has-beens or risky high fee gambles that failed.

Calafiori will probably have the same free roaming inverted role that Zinchenko currently has. His strengths are supposedly passing and ball progression while being a very good, quick defender.

At 6'2ft it would also mean we'll have a very tall outfield (for Arsenal standards) with: Rice, Saliba, White, Tomiyasu, Kwior, Gabriel, Havertz, Party all 6ft+

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back