Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

His body language when he scored was interesting. Usually when guys do that super serious response to scoring they eventually crack a smile, but he genuinely seemed unhappy to me.
My boy can be a bit moody, I think this contributed to him leaving Brighton. First touch of the ball , into the net, as natural on his right as he is on his left. Sublime.

Trossard needs to be starting over Martinelli.

Trossard is so calm and assured, whilst Martinelli is just far too wasteful and is still a poor decision maker.

Though depending on how long Jesus is out for we may need Trossard as a backup CF too.

His body language when he scored was interesting. Usually when guys do that super serious response to scoring they eventually crack a smile, but he genuinely seemed unhappy to me.
I’ve been guilty of this in my playing days myself. There’s some players that can fluff numerous passes/goals etc and still get a start. You might have a great game but misplace one pass and for some reason, the coach uses that as a reason not to start you. I feel like this is one of those scenarios.

Raya is insanely good. That save will undoubetedly be one of the saves of the season. He adds so much to the way we play and the fact he's a very very good keeper is even better.

I watched the mini match. We knock it round so well. The build up for Trossard's goal was great. A very smart leave by White, and for Trossard to finish like that while on the run is impressive. Nice finish from Thomas too.

That recovery tackle from Saliba is good as well, and love the celebration after it.

Our pressure and pressing is so good.

Rogers is a very good player.

Raya is insanely good. That save will undoubetedly be one of the saves of the season. He adds so much to the way we play and the fact he's a very very good keeper is even better.
Richard Pryor Reaction GIF

Very enjoyable to sit through that.

- Not the most comprehensive performance. Oddly I thought we played much better last season there yet didn’t have the goals or results to show for it. Today was a bit of the opposite in terms of “big chances” and the xG tally.

- nice to get one back on Villa. Arteta has used this to good effect in recent years, the “revenge factor”. It’s why I didn’t mind this trip being up so soon in the season, it would all be very fresh in the mind still.

- David Raya. Ever since Porto shootout, he’s clearly shown he’s a level above. I’m glad all that distraction is out of the way now, it was getting tiresome. He’s the undisputed number 1.

- How good can Raya actually be? Unsure. However he’s made an unbelievable save this morning. On top of keeping Wolves from that header last week with another excellent one handed save. We’ve seen time and again the great teams are synonymous with a great keeper. Someone who can pull off a monster save just when needed, to bail you out of trouble. Perhaps Raya will turn out to be what Lehmann was to the Invincibles or Seaman before that?

- Trossard, he’s a killer. Best finisher at the club. I want as many chances falling to him as possible. Yep that was a pointed (non) celebration. Saliba finally got the trademark goggles out of him eventually haha. However I don’t just think it’s lack of playing time here, he’s had a rough patch at the Euros as well and looks like a bloke who just wants to play. I think he should be starting ahead of Martinelli however when you look at his form as an impact sub, he’s a game changer.

- Saliba is ****ing ridiculous. I’ll never tire of saying that. Getting back late to keep that clean sheet, and the celebrations that come with it is something I’ll also never tire of.

- am glad for Partey he got the goal. Prior to that I was wanting him off. I don’t like seeing him run through, it’s happened a few times. Especially as the game goes on. He doesn’t have the legs anymore to go the full 90 and can see why Merino has been sought after. We’ve been undone on the spin with direct pace. So I think utilising Jorginho and Partey judiciously is the way to go, with Rice back the 6 otherwise and Merino as the left 8.

- then again Rice’s engine is excellent, him driving into the box continuously whilst others were gassed makes all the difference. He should’ve had a few assists to his name here, created some guilt edged chances. Odegaard and Villa Park for whatever reason causes some misses that be otherwise buries.

- Timber very good. And Calafiori slotted in nicely, his minutes will keep growing and quite the luxury of defensive options to call upon. About as good a defensive squad as I can recall at Arsenal. Underpinned by the strength of Raya in goal.

- still feel we’re one light in the forward group. Especially with another injury to Jesus, he has been very stop start and we need to address this in the market this week.

- 6 points from 6, haven’t conceded a goal, and with some more difficult away fixtures in the coming weeks the club has an excellent opportunity to pile on those points.

- special mention to White for clubbing him the ball, ****ing sensational.

Fantastic result all round!

Eddie deal to Forest is off. Can't blame him for not agreeing to personal terms.

But we can blame Edu and the club for the laughably undeserved 100k per week contract they gave him. Who'd have thought it would come back to bite us a few years later (everyone)?

We can also blame him for not accepting a more than adequate OM offer.

Now we are likely stuck with him for another season, and it will block us making another signing that will actually improve our forward/wide players situation.

Moving on both ESR and Vieira leaves us short. We really need to bring in another signing.

Last edited:
I still think he exits, the club will not have a better opportunity to acquire ~£30m for Nketiah. From here his value will just diminish if another season is spent on the bench.

We needed to add to that forward group anyway I feel, the Jesus groin injury has exacerbated that need. His regular setbacks the concern now, surely the club acts. Even across the loan market perhaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think he exits, the club will not have a better opportunity to acquire ~£30m for Nketiah. From here his value will just diminish if another season is spent on the bench.

We needed to add to that forward group anyway I feel, the Jesus groin injury has exacerbated that need. His regular setbacks the concern now, surely the club acts. Even across the loan market perhaps.

Crystal Palace are coming to the rescue, thankfully. It seems like the deal is moving fast, and maybe it could explain him rejecting Forest.

Will Palace play two up-top? As I don't see him getting much gametime ahead of Mateta, who scored 16 goals last season. Regardless he should still get more gametime than he would with us though.

Crystal Palace are coming to the rescue, thankfully. It seems like the deal is moving fast, and maybe it could explain him rejecting Forest.

Will Palace play two up-top? As I don't see him getting much gametime ahead of Mateta, who scored 16 goals last season. Regardless he should still get more gametime than he would with us though.

The reality is so much happens behind the scenes that the public would have no idea about. I think Arsenal and Eddie’s representatives would’ve been aware for quite some time there’s interest from a number of clubs. Hence why the club, and Eddie, could pick and choose with confidence the right deal that suits all.

Excellent read this.

Quite the stature of height Arsenal have quietly built the last few years. Depending on the chosen XI on a particular day, that’s potentially 8 players above 6 foot.

Excellent read this.

Quite the stature of height Arsenal have quietly built the last few years. Depending on the chosen XI on a particular day, that’s potentially 8 players above 6 foot.
I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes with us... Interesting that he said he was happy to stay unless one of 3 clubs came for him... Us being one of them shows the progression we have made the last couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back