Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In a league of such tight margins, dropping any points at home feels extra terrible, especially against poor teams like Brighton.

Really liked what I saw with them digging in like that, and some outstanding interplay between Havertz and Saka almost won the match. Deserved a better finish.

Remarkably, for all the momentum and the advantage of the extra man, they still created little in terms of clear cut chances and Arsenal really could’ve/should’ve won that.

I hate the whole ref narrative and ****ing hell it’s tiresome. Just week after week they show themselves to be not fit for purpose across numerous matches across numerous teams.

So you can boot the ball across the field, and delay the restart, that’s fine. No caution. Chokeslam someone to the ground with your hand aggressively around their throat? No dramas, go for it! Toe poke the ball delaying a restart? **** off, here’s a yellow!

Classic stuff :D

Really liked what I saw with them digging in like that, and some outstanding interplay between Havertz and Saka almost won the match. Deserved a better finish.

Remarkably, for all the momentum and the advantage of the extra man, they still created little in terms of clear cut chances and Arsenal really could’ve/should’ve won that.

I hate the whole ref narrative and ****ing hell it’s tiresome. Just week after week they show themselves to be not fit for purpose across numerous matches across numerous teams.

So you can boot the ball across the field, and delay the restart, that’s fine. No caution. Chokeslam someone to the ground with your hand aggressively around their throat? No dramas, go for it! Toe poke the ball delaying a restart? **** off, here’s a yellow!

Classic stuff :D

Yep. Why have common sense for the Pedro kick away but not for Rice?

What exactly did Rice do? The ball was kicked into his trailing leg, and he didn’t prevent a quick free kick by his presence as the ball was in motion so the free kick could not have been taken.

He nudges it away, you can see it.

Just don't do it. It was needless and most likely cost us two points.

I know you don't agree, and that's OK.

It was a sending off.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Just get on with it. Don't give the ref a reason to book you. He was already on a yellow, why run the risk?

Earlier in this match, the referee was also given a reason to make a decision. And he chose not to for a boot across the field. It’s the consistency, or lack of, that is galling here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He nudges it away, you can see it.

Just don't do it. It was needless and most likely cost us two points.

I know you don't agree, and that's OK.

Nah, its a bullshit awful clown decision. There is nothing about that decision that makes any sense.

You'll barely see any players carded for more blatant delays every single game, watch how many players give away a foul, pick up the ball and carry it 5-10m before dropping it, or stand directly in front of the taker before being told to move....or kick the ****ing ball away like Pedro does in the first half.

You won't see another player sent off for the same things this season.

Earlier in this match, the referee was also given a reason to make a decision. And he chose not to for a boot across the field. It’s the consistency, or lack of, that is galling here.

I have seen this/heard about it.

I read - not sure how accurate - that the whistle had not gone?
Nah, its a bullshit awful clown decision. There is nothing about that decision that makes any sense.

You'll barely see any players carded for more blatant delays every single game, watch how many players give away a foul, pick up the ball and carry it 5-10m before dropping it, or stand directly in front of the taker before being told to move....or kick the ****ing ball away like Pedro does in the first half.

You won't see another player sent off for the same things this season.
OK, fair enough.

I have seen this/heard about it.

I read - not sure how accurate - that the whistle had not gone?

OK, fair enough.

Mate it wasn’t a for a foul, if you click the gif it’s in relation to the ball going out for a throw in. Pedro whacks the ball across the field. This denied Arsenal being able to take the ball for the throw in. By the letter of the law, this is “preventing the restart of play”, the same reason cited for Rice’s second yellow.

I couldn’t give a shit or not whether the ref gave him a yellow for that. So many of these moments during matches you just pull the player into line, cut that shit out etc etc. He could’ve done the same thing with Rice, literally just tell both those blokes to cut this shit out, get on with the game etc etc.

How to censure one, and not the other, is selective interpretation of when this “rule” applies and when it doesn’t. It’s inconsistent officiating and the ramifications are very significant.

I hate the ref narrative as it does my head in, I find this tiresome. However the match last night cannot be spoken about/reflected on accurately without discussing its focal point, which was very much that refereeing decision.

Champions League on a Thursday night? I didn’t know that was a thing under this new format. Not ideal to be away that night then away to City on the Sunday. Not sure why Arsenal aren’t drawn to play Tuesday or Wednesday however it is what it is.

That’s quite the week. Away NLD, away to Atalanta, away to City.

Mate it wasn’t a for a foul, if you click the gif it’s in relation to the ball going out for a throw in. Pedro whacks the ball across the field. This denied Arsenal being able to take the ball for the throw in. By the letter of the law, this is “preventing the restart of play”, the same reason cited for Rice’s second yellow.

I couldn’t give a shit or not whether the ref gave him a yellow for that. So many of these moments during matches you just pull the player into line, cut that shit out etc etc. He could’ve done the same thing with Rice, literally just tell both those blokes to cut this shit out, get on with the game etc etc.

How to censure one, and not the other, is selective interpretation of when this “rule” applies and when it doesn’t. It’s inconsistent officiating and the ramifications are very significant.

I hate the ref narrative as it does my head in, I find this tiresome. However the match last night cannot be spoken about/reflected on accurately without discussing its focal point, which was very much that refereeing decision.
I have read and heard a lot about the incident, and the inconsistency is what I think is the biggest issue.

The choke on Havertz, the continuous hacking of Saka and so on.

I still maintain, however, if you don't do something to even give the ref a question to book you, it won't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back