Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Those “fouls” are always so bizarre. One time the player jumping and winning the header has fouled the other player, next time the player underneath tunnelled the one jumping, next time it’s a fair battle.

Personally, I don’t know how VVD didn’t get at least a yellow early on the game for his kick out at Kai or another Liverpool player kicking the ball away when we won a free kick.

Yes, I don’t know what constitutes violent conduct anymore. There’s a host of examples that I can cite in the last year or so that should be red cards, yet aren’t. Some of them don’t even receive a yellow. Choke hold on Havertz. Jorginho being struck in the head against Newcastle. List goes on.

And here again, VVD hasn’t gone once, but twice he’s lashed out. The ref is right there. Yet….nothing.

Yes, I don’t know what constitutes violent conduct anymore. There’s a host of examples that I can cite in the last year or so that should be red cards, yet aren’t. Some of them don’t even receive a yellow. Choke hold on Havertz. Jorginho being struck in the head against Newcastle. List goes on.

And here again, VVD hasn’t gone once, but twice he’s lashed out. The ref is right there. Yet….nothing.
It gets tiring talking about referees and sometimes comes across as our fan base blaming too often at the moment but the lack of consistency is becoming an issue. Once you give a card for a certain foul, you’ve then set the precedent.

Yep. The officiating discussion is continually tiresome.

The balance of that half though, draw was fair enough. The Gabriel injury was probably one too many, the team went into their shells afterwards. Didn’t need to be so cautious imo, the game was still there for the taking.

Felt Arteta should’ve reacted earlier in making subs, understandably though using two subs to replace injured players does impact whatever options he was otherwise planning. For example, Martinelli and Saka both looked gassed prior to that. Martinelli losing possession before their goal quite likely fatigue induced. He probably should’ve been off sooner however given the circumstances (and the lack of defensive cover that Sterling has showed so far), can see why he was needed to stay on the pitch.

Yep. The officiating discussion is continually tiresome.

The balance of that half though, draw was fair enough. The Gabriel injury was probably one too many, the team went into their shells afterwards. Didn’t need to be so cautious imo, the game was still there for the taking.

Felt Arteta should’ve reacted earlier in making subs, understandably though using two subs to replace injured players does impact whatever options he was otherwise planning. For example, Martinelli and Saka both looked gassed prior to that. Martinelli losing possession before their goal quite likely fatigue induced. He probably should’ve been off sooner however given the circumstances (and the lack of defensive cover that Sterling has showed so far), can see why he was needed to stay on the pitch.
I feel a draw was a fair result but whilst I respect the pragmatic approach once in the lead, we are inviting so much pressure that we are bound to concede eventually against good teams. It’s easy to say Liverpool played better in the second half but that’s because we let them.

I feel a draw was a fair result but whilst I respect the pragmatic approach once in the lead, we are inviting so much pressure that we are bound to concede eventually against good teams. It’s easy to say Liverpool played better in the second half but that’s because we let them.

Yes it was unfolding almost from the start of that half, exacerbated by the Gabriel injury. They took the ascendancy and Arsenal certainly played into those hands. It was reminiscent of all those minutes we’ve played this season with ten men. It didn’t need to happen and whilst I understand the limitations Arteta had to work with, I can’t help but feel more could’ve been done.

I hate United but that looked a very soft penalty. Looked a collision of knees at worst, absolutely no intent there at all.

On our game, we got a point which isn't the worst. Would have been great to see us at full strength. What a sensational pass from Ben White to set up Saka. Sublime pass. Finish wasn't half bad either.

Great header from VVD, nice flick from Diaz too. But, how is VVD not sent off for the kick out on Havertz? The Konate challenge was iffy, hard to sell from the angles shown. Merino header was great and the delivery from Rice was perfect. So good to have big bodies everywhere now.

Great goal for Liverpool on the second, we got ripped apart. Not sure where the foul on Konate was for the third disallowed goal. Bizarre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back