Up the Arse! Goons thread. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger ready to rest Cesc
By Peter ORourke - Created on 27 Jan 2007

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he is considering giving Cesc Fabregas a rest.

Fabregas has been an ever-present in the Premiership and UEFA Champions League this season and the Spaniard has played in the last two Carling Cup games.

The 19-year-old insists he does not want a rest, as he is keen to continue playing.

However, Wenger is keen to protect his star midfielder and is ready to take him out of the firing line against Bolton Wanderers on Sunday.

"I do not know whether Cesc will play or not yet," said Wenger.

"He will be on the bench or in the team.

"But I am tempted to count one game out for him, either on Sunday or Wednesday."

Meanwhile, Wenger has admitted Julio Baptista is doing his chances of winning a permanent move to The Emirates Stadium no harm at all.

The Brazilian has struggled to hold down a regular place in Wenger's side in the Premiership, but he has impressed in Arsenal's Carling Cup run.

Baptista followed up his four-goal haul against Liverpool in the quarter-finals with both goals in the 2-2 draw with Tottenham Hotspur in midweek and Wenger believes he is now adapting to life in England.

"What he is achieving will help to make my mind up," said Baptista.

"He scored four at Liverpool, two at Tottenham - you could do worse.

"It took him time to adapt, but it is amazing - suddenly 'boom' one goal is in.

"That is him. He has a little bit of the qualities which [Robert] Pires had, to turn up in the box - and always you need these kinds of players."

bolton.jpg

Although I think we will win tonight, I don't look forward to Bolton games.

depressing stuff - didnt get up for this one. Too tired from a massive weekend and I hate soccer on ESPN. You could almost predict we wouldnt win. Replay at the rebook. See corrosions's comments. I do not hold out much hope of moving through.

Well, that's us gone then.

Baptista picked up ANOTHER injury as well. We are completely ********ed.

You're pleased?

Don't City win when you're not there? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[youtube]egoCehcWM2k&NR[/youtube]

Ahh, not even Bolton can put the dampeners on some good old Cashley bashing. :D

do you get your milk delivered?

I waas thinking she knows that I'm happy when I go to aways, and she likes to see me happy, but theres always someone who drags it into the gutter. ;)

Yes solid effort. We were the better team without doubt and deserve our spot in the final.

Denilson will be a very very good player. He was exellent this morning. Aliadiere was also very good. Rosicky and Cesc had influences when they came on and Adebayor played well working his socks off..

Next stop Cardiff - I think wel beat chelski (who had the misfortune of Ashley COle looking like receiving a bad injury) I dont wish harm upon anyone but i wont complain if he is out for some time.

Denilson is f**king AWESOME.

That is all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back