Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Man City do manage to be greedy enough to steal RVP we should try and get Dzeko in a deal. We would be massive winners IMO.

Greedy? Steal?

Shouldnt the aim of every club be to build the best squad they csn within the rules.

Personally I don't want us to get RVP, but if we do sign him it will neither be greedy, or any more a theft than when Arsenal signed him in the first place.

Greedy? Steal?

Shouldnt the aim of every club be to build the best squad they csn within the rules.

Personally I don't want us to get RVP, but if we do sign him it will neither be greedy, or any more a theft than when Arsenal signed him in the first place.

Yeah it only cost you £197m to win a title. :rolleyes:

Pathetic way to win trophies IMO.

Pathetic way to win trophies IMO.

Bovvered?

Were you bothered when Danny Fiszmann put £50m into Arsenal to sign Bergkamp, and contracts for Tony Adams, Seamen etc?

Hazard sounds like an arrogant, money hungry, piece of excrement. He would fit in well alongside Samir Nasri.

We cant all be like Arsenal with players born between Woolwich and Islington that play for pats on the back and Aldi vouchers.

Nasri, like a few of our players is entitled to feel pretty smug right now.

We cant all be like Arsenal with players born between Woolwich and Islington that play for pats on the back and Aldi vouchers.

Nasri, like a few of our players is entitled to feel pretty smug right now.

What for doing nothing all season? And he isn't entitled to anything, clichy and toure are but not nasri the dude has had 6 good months in his 3 or 4 seasons in the epl.

26 starts in a title winning team, and starts in each of our last six games where we made up an eight point deficit.

5 goals, 9 assists.

If it makes you feel better to think he didnt make a contribution who am I to argue.

26 starts in a title winning team, and starts in each of our last six games where we made up an eight point deficit.

5 goals, 9 assists.

If it makes you feel better to think he didnt make a contribution who am I to argue.

5 goals and 9 assist doesn't add up to £25 that you spent on him. He will be a bench player next year when hazard comes in anyway. It will be good watching him turn into a nobody next year. Ps i was happy for clichy and toure as they had achieved something at arsenal but nasri simply left for the $.

Contribution to a title success isnt measured by transfer fee.

Dont know why your bothered by Nasri so much. Personally think he'll go on in leaps and bounds next year.

But he's a professional footballer who left his job for an employer with better prospects and got a payrise in the process. Then he left Arsenal and joined City. Hypocritical to be outraged by Nasri leaving Arsenal if you werent outraged by his arrival in the first place.

Dont know why your bothered by Nasri so much. Personally think he'll go on in leaps and bounds next year.

But he's a professional footballer who left his job for an employer with better prospects and got a payrise in the process. Then he left Arsenal and joined City. Hypocritical to be outraged by Nasri leaving Arsenal if you werent outraged by his arrival in the first place.
Most people would not care if he did not act like giant arseh*le.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most people would not care if he did not act like giant arseh*le.

Apart from a few comments in the last week I dont know what he has said that has outraged gooners.

And while I'd prefer he didnt make some of the comments you cant really blame him given some of the vile comments made by gooners about him and his family over the past 12 months.

Apart from a few comments in the last week I dont know what he has said that has outraged gooners.

And while I'd prefer he didnt make some of the comments you cant really blame him given some of the vile comments made by gooners about him and his family over the past 12 months.
He made comments when he left about Arsenal fans. He also verbally agreed a deal last year with Arsenal and backed out when the contract was put in front of him.

He move from marsille to arsenal is completely different to his move from arsenal to city. His marsille move meant he changed leagues and was given an opportunity to challenge himself in the best league in the world. If he wanted a challenge he would of stayed at arsenal but he didn't he wanted money and thats why he left. His only 23 so wanting to win titles wasn't a huge must and he could of stayed and wait a couple if years to win a trophy.

I appreciate that some are struggling to see City as a step up from Arsenal, now and particularly in the next few years.

Gareth Barry spoke of it recently how people couldnt understand why he chose City over Liverpool and presumed it was all about the money.

I guess time will tell, but I wonder what it will take for some to accept that Barry, Nasri etc made good footballing moves.

From his perspective he'll have seen a side finish a fair few points ahead of Arsenal, win silverware and add to it's squad while Arsenal is scrapping to keep it's squad together. It's convenient to make it all about money, and whike I'm sure he got a tidy pay rise out of it, so far he's more than been justified in his decision for football reasons.

Not sure why everyone thinks arsenal is in a terrible position, we had our best player from the the 10/11 season out injured for the whole year and had no fullbacks for the majority of the season. And if we have a bad season next year the board will have to let usmanov have a position on the board, his richer then chelsea's owner. If we can get m'villa, hoilett,a left back and another attacking player as well as having a best players fit for the season, we will still be a title chance. Though we will never have a best players fit all at the same time.

That's conservative.

I appreciate that some are struggling to see City as a step up from Arsenal, now and particularly in the next few years.

It's something of a rhetorical question, but why can't you see City's rise for what it really is. A white knight with a massive cheque book collecting toys. You got lucky, but you'd have to be very naive to believe that such an arrangement is long term. When you throw such an unprecedentedly extravagant amount of money at a problem for long enough you'll eventually get at least a quick-fix.

City lost a record £190m this season ... in a premiership year. That's only sustainable for as long as the current owners are prepared to take such a financial beating. The club has nowhere near the development program, the rich history, or the self-sustainable future of Arsenal. So your argument that Man City is a "step up from Arsenal" is tenuous at best.

But by all means enjoy it while it lasts. You won't get any resistance from me preventing you from sticking it to your "quiet neighbours".

Rumors are that we've made a £6.5m offer for giroud

Also Chelsea have released kalou, who was strongly linked to us in January. Doubt we'll sign him though, there are much better options out there

That's conservative.

It's something of a rhetorical question, but why can't you see City's rise for what it really is. A white knight with a massive cheque book collecting toys. You got lucky, but you'd have to be very naive to believe that such an arrangement is long term. When you throw such an unprecedentedly extravagant amount of money at a problem for long enough you'll eventually get at least a quick-fix.

Dont know that there is any blue that doesnt appreciate that we are where we are because of Sheikh Mansours money.

City lost a record £190m this season ... in a premiership year. That's only sustainable for as long as the current owners are prepared to take such a financial beating. The club has nowhere near the development program, the rich history, or the self-sustainable future of Arsenal. So your argument that Man City is a "step up from Arsenal" is tenuous at best.

We lost £190m last year, not this season. We finished 3rd and didnt play in the champions league. So expect our income to rise markedly, as it has every year since the takeover. Also expect our expenses to fall significantly as we loaded many of our costs onto last years accounts as it was the last year before FFP surveillance.

Also have a look at the nature of the spending. Youth academy, Etihad campus compride a large part of that loss. Money spent now to ensure that we dont need to spend at current levels in the near future. Already the need to spend big to build a squad capable of competing at the top levels is greatly reduced.

But when it comes down to it players want to play in a winning team, with quality players, train in top facilities with top staff. On that front we are more than competitive with any club in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back