Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He did bring in a striker, Sanchez. With Campbell coming in from loan that was all he was ever going to do up forward. The critical positions remain DM and a backup CB, as they have since last season.
Sanchez is not a true centre forward and Campbell unproven. Why dont we look at Costa, Falcao, Remy....

I agree that we need a DM more, but that aint happening either. Looks like Chambers is the Vermaelen replacement.

Hugely underwhelming window looking likely

No Sanchez is not a true centre forward, but Wenger is convinced that Sanogo is good enough to be a cut out for Giroud in some games. Giroud breaking his leg and missing 3+ months is not something you can really plan for.

Even then, if Sanogo fails Wenger is likely to turn to Walcott, who has at least proven he can score goals if given enough good service in the CF position, though not actually cover Giroud's hold up and link up play.

I hear and understand your arguments mate, but for a club that thinks it is title challenger, it is kidding itself with the lack of depth in the squad.

It is so frustrating. Its clear Flamini and Arteta are past their best and not adept DM anymore.

Is Wenger's wage linked to AFC's finances? The more he spends, the less he gets? We keep hearing we're capable of purchasing anyone not named Messi or Ronaldo, and Sanchez was a sensational start, but we're still not buying like the other top four challengers. This has been the biggest tease of a transfer window ever, and with the Prof now reffing in Rome, we might be done.

:cry:

PISS ******* WEAK

Had since the end of May to bring in a true striker. Wenger is a ******* liability
We have had since RVP left. Giroud was/is/will never be world class, he is decent but ultimately not up to scratch wouldn't make the bench at any other top side in the league

On a positive note, offing Vermaelen for 15mil might actually have been a good bit of business, given he seems to be a massive injury crock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frustrating to go to deadline day with so many squad deficiencies.

In regards to the DM position, we have been lacking there since we lost Vieira. Obviously Wenger doesn't consider it to be important. He has forgotten that Vieira won him titles, alongside a quality attacking partnership.

Really disappointing window despite getting in good players. Hoping for late action.

looks like we are bringing in either Huntelaar or Welbeck (neither are good as Giroud which is saying something), I think Carvalho/Rabiot has fallen through and no DM again, I think we are trying to get Nastasic too but who knows looks like what was a promising transfer window early has turned to shit. I don't understand how we have not signed a DM ffs we have needed one for years!!

Bz4TpVM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back