Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monreal has been really good so far this season impressed. Ozil did a couple of nice things. Sanogo just leaving that awesome Ozil pass in was cringe worthy.
Sanchez with another goal to his name is a positive. Thank god for the break Wenger needs time to sort this rubbish out. If we play like that against Man City, we will get carved up 4-0.

Dzeko, Ageuro, Jovetic, Negredo for City.

Costa, Remy, Drogba for Chelsea.

Giroud, Sanchez and Sanogo for Arsenal. Not good enough to win the title, which is what I hope we are aiming for this season. Not another champions league berth/cup double.

If Real buy Falcao, perhaps we make a move for Benzema? Optimistic.

Sanogo really epitomises Wenger's failures in the transfer market in recent seasons. We needed a ready made gun, not a cheap free signing from the second division of an inferior league. He really has done nothing in his career to warrant a starting berth at a club like Arsenal. Wenger says that's because he was injured for 2 years - but then why heck sign him???

Do we need another injury prone footballer who is not good enough at Arsenal?

He'll come good. But we can't wait for that. We need a class forward NOW. Not in 3 years time. Its extraordinary that a club with our resources has failed to again address glaring deficiencies in our squad.

Last edited:
Sanogo is 21 not 18.

He may become a decent player but never world class. Does not have the smarts, skills or composure.

I'd rather we try Akpom.

Or Campbell?

At least Campbell has some runs on the board. Sure he's not world class either, but has actually done his apprenticeship at a number of European clubs, and had an impressive World Cup. But didn't even play a minute this morning.

Again.

Dzeko, Ageuro, Jovetic, Negredo for City.

Costa, Remy, Drogba for Chelsea.

Giroud, Sanchez and Sanogo for Arsenal. Not good enough to win the title, which is what I hope we are aiming for this season. Not another champions league berth/cup double.

If Real buy Falcao, perhaps we make a move for Benzema? Optimistic.
We cannot win the league while Wenger is the Manager. He is so far out of his depth. Rather than change his system he will play someone I would not want starting at Perth Glory.

We cannot win the league while Wenger is the Manager. He is so far out of his depth. Rather than change his system he will play someone I would not want starting at Perth Glory.

What continues to frustrate is some the amateurish tactics and baffling decisions to play key players out of position.

With the players we have fit atm:

Scz
Debucy Mert Kos Monreal
Flamini Ramsay
Santi Ozil Sanchez
Campbell

We need to set up something like this. I would like to replace Flamani and Campbell with incoming players though.

Ozil pulled an amazing pass last night into Sanogo and he just let it run...

Campbell moves and showed at the WC he is capable, more capable than our new born giraffe we have running around atm.

Sanogo is utter garbage and I don't think he will ever be good enough to lead the line at Arsenal.
The guy is not an intelligent player at all. It's absolutely ridiculous we didn't get Remy, just because Wenger is a tightwad.
Yeah Sanchez and Chambers were good signings, but we still haven't improved the squad in areas we needed to.
Now with Giroud injured, he still refuses to buy. Remy was a cheap and proven option.
Cruyff14 its time you and I take over from Wenger. You and I are guns on Football Manager.

I'm willing to make a bet with anyone on this board that we won't sign anyone on the last day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sanogo just leaving that awesome Ozil pass in was cringe worthy.
Someone had to be calling for it behind him if not?? Oh well doesn't really matter he would have just sent the ball into row z anyway.

The kid is so far from being ready to play epl it's ridiculous and laughable that he is even out there, he should have gone out on loan and Wenger should have signed a better striker than Giroud if we are serious about competing for the title/champions legue, what started out as a good transfer window will become a disaster if we don't land this dm and another striker.

Hmm. I'll say 432043024023090230984092390490234902309490230490234923094902340923490932040943290342
Guy is a crab of the highest order. Either go on loan and show your worth or **** off.
We've had guys prove themselves on loan and Sanogo hasn't shown ****ing shit.
It's simply because he's French.

Hmm. I'll say 432043024023090230984092390490234902309490230490234923094902340923490932040943290342
Guy is a crab of the highest order. Either go on loan and show your worth or **** off.
We've had guys prove themselves on loan and Sanogo hasn't shown ******* shit.
It's simply because he's French.

But he's the new Thierry Viera!!!

What continues to frustrate is some the amateurish tactics and baffling decisions to play key players out of position.
Agree.

I'm able to watch all the footy again and watching last night 's game, Szczesny was our best player because he preserved a point for us due to the excellent save he made in the last 10 minutes or so: good positioning, good reflexes, good save. If the shot was along the floor he, like almost every other 'keeper, wouldn't have stopped it but it wasn't and he still had to save it and he did. Well done!

Sanchez is a player of the highest order. It's a pity that he's playing in a side that employs "amateurish tactics and baffling decisions to play key players out of position."

Sanogo has the potential to be a very good player if he is allowed to learn his craft in an appropriate league. He is not EPL standard at the moment and they run the risk of completely destroying the lad by continuing to play him in the EPL. It's like throwing someone who is just learning to swim into the middle of the Bass Strait in winter and asking them to swim to shore.

Debuchy is just dumb and overrated and a woeful signing. His defending is a joke and his forward play isn't much better. He does not get in the right positions to receive the ball from his team mates and is most always being caught out of position. As limited as Monreal is , he shits all over Debuchy as a full back.

It appeared to me that Koscielny got an almighty crack at the top of his jaw/cheek bone and was probably concussed. To try and "con" everyone that it was a hit to the back of the head and not a potential concussion case, given all the news about head trauma, the trainer held a sponge to the back of his head. There didn't seem to be any blood whatsoever and the replay clearly showed that the impact was indeed to his face. The idiots should have replaced him immediately and in all likelihood, we wouldn't have conceded the goal we did. Too clever by half I reckon and it cost us big time.

It's going to be fun watching Leicester City this year 'cause Pearson seems to be a very intelligent coach with good tactical nous. He did his homework and set up his team to exploit Arsenal's weaknesses. He made sure that when Ozil and Cazorla received the ball anywhere near the center line, his players attacked them with menace and those two were either disposed or gave the ball away and because that drongo Debuchy was no where to be seen and 6 to 7 of the Arsenal players were ahead of the ball, Leicester put enormous amounts of pressure on our side.

They, Leicester, have got a bunch of fully committed battlers who work their guts out and follow the instructions given too them to the letter. They do not really possess the quality to be assured of EPL survival but were good enough to make life for The Arsenal very, very difficult and deservedly got a point.

I fear that Manchester City next up will give us a shellacking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back