Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh cause tumba has the ground a facilitie in the league too........ Not. It should be held in corryong. it has the most parking, best rooms. tumba nearly be as worst as bullioh

Here's my thoughts Toe Cutter play finals at grounds and clubs with better facilities and with the Judy/work being mixed around to all clubs in UMFL, but the Big Grandfinal day played at Tallangatta football ground.
Not a bad ground and Netball court, attract bigger crowds and I think the club facilities would be up in the mix with UMFL club facilities:confused::confused:

What do reckon :thumbsu:
I thought it was called the Upper Murray not the Tallangatta league Blueballs? Sorry but Corryong is the home of the league and thats where the granny should be every year not that cess pit at Bullioh. It would be great for the league if more clubs came in as Bullioh wouldn't have a mortage on all the travellers plus stealing all of Tallangatta's kids. I'd only travel as far as Bethanga though, Wodonga is too far for me and the kiddies to travel down.:rolleyes:

I thought it was called the Upper Murray not the Tallangatta league Blueballs? Sorry but Corryong is the home of the league and thats where the granny should be every year not that cess pit at Bullioh. It would be great for the league if more clubs came in as Bullioh wouldn't have a mortage on all the travellers plus stealing all of Tallangatta's kids. I'd only travel as far as Bethanga though, Wodonga is too far for me and the kiddies to travel down.:rolleyes:

:footy::footy:
D85 I just think with majority of players in most clubs in the league in senior ranks come from Albury/Wodonga, Come grandfinal day majority of these peoples family and friends would come from in town too and being closer to town would attract bigger crowd$$$.
O&K fought hard for years to get the Grand final into Wangaratta and it is the best thing that happened as O&K granny is twice the size, no its called O&K not O&M, but it makes alot people and clubs happy the granny played in Wang, I think in this league it would be the same? Anyway just an idea.
Alot of people dont like change do they :thumbsu:

[n Wang, I think in this league it would be the same? Anyway just an idea.
Alot of people dont like change do they :thumbsu:[/quote]

I agree mate, some people don't like change but if its for the benefit for the future then why not, I know that at one stage the UMFL was called the Corryong and District League, so I can see D85 view as well.

Anyway why are we worrying, isnt this the year that at least one of our other clubs will be hosting the GF and showing those pie eaters what good facilities are like!!

[n Wang, I think in this league it would be the same? Anyway just an idea.
Alot of people dont like change do they :thumbsu:

I agree mate, some people don't like change but if its for the benefit for the future then why not, I know that at one stage the UMFL was called the Corryong and District League, so I can see D85 view as well.

Anyway why are we worrying, isnt this the year that at least one of our other clubs will be hosting the GF and showing those pie eaters what good facilities are like!![/QUOTE]

:thumbsu::footy:
Yes boys I had a captain cook at the history of this league and was quite amazed that footy started in 1893, I wouldn't of thought it kicked off so early.
Demon boys your right the UMFL was called Corryong District Association over 100years ago between 1904 and 1906.
Current finals system does stink as it only suits 1 club, so maybe some of these fresh ideas would benefit everyone if put in place, but with Bullioh winning 4 straight any sort of change is going to be welcomed.

Recruiting has gone quite no new clearances online?
Blues2012

Tumba had their preseason camp tonight. Good numbers and great group. Been 42 years since they entered the comp and still without a flag. 2012 is the year and the whole town is buzzing and right behind the boys. Expect to see a few of the Wagga boys and locals to show dominance in the competition.

Tumba had their preseason camp tonight. Good numbers and great group. Been 42 years since they entered the comp and still without a flag. 2012 is the year and the whole town is buzzing and right behind the boys. Expect to see a few of the Wagga boys and locals to show dominance in the competition.

And if they do happen to do it, this year, it will be for all the teams past and present, it will all make it worth while the days of being beaten by 300 plus, backing up from Ressies for first grade, playing minimal numbers to make a team so we wouldn't forfeit, recruiting players from the pub on the day of the game or the night before (even if they didn't know how to play or who were backpackers kidnapped for the day and filled with piss) and when Tumba did win a game...everyone would be pissed for a week!

:D

Do Corryong have 2 sides going over to Lakes Entrance for their practise match, would be a great effort if they did maybe their on the improve as well

Do Corryong have 2 sides going over to Lakes Entrance for their practise match, would be a great effort if they did maybe their on the improve as well

Sniffer....Corryong will be travelling down and playing with a combined seniors and reserves outfit, so not two seperate teams as such, but they are hoping for a decent turnout. In regards to being on the improve, extremely hard to tell until the season begins, I would still think there is a fair gap to make up though on the other 5 teams, and by the looks of clearances etc, that gap isnt exactly getting smaller.

Sniffer....Corryong will be travelling down and playing with a combined seniors and reserves outfit, so not two seperate teams as such, but they are hoping for a decent turnout. In regards to being on the improve, extremely hard to tell until the season begins, I would still think there is a fair gap to make up though on the other 5 teams, and by the looks of clearances etc, that gap isnt exactly getting smaller.

:footy::footy::footy:
Corry improving wouldnt take much and benifits everyone in the comp too.
I see besides a few Tallangatta boys to Bullioh that Jacob Curran is getting a clearance from Raiders back there too?????? Anyone know why:confused:

5 weeks to go boys..:)

I don't think playing Lakes Entrance will help the Demons much, they thought getting their arse kicked in the Upper Murray was hard wait til they come up against those boys. I think a game between them and Tallangatta would be a fairer match up but credit to them for a having a crack in the preseason. So far on clearances i'm going for Tumba and Bullioh to play in the G/F, Walwa only seems to be loosing players while the Demons recruits are an unknow quality.

I don't think playing Lakes Entrance will help the Demons much, they thought getting their arse kicked in the Upper Murray was hard wait til they come up against those boys. I think a game between them and Tallangatta would be a fairer match up but credit to them for a having a crack in the preseason. So far on clearances i'm going for Tumba and Bullioh to play in the G/F, Walwa only seems to be loosing players while the Demons recruits are an unknow quality.

According to the Dee's facebook page, they are playing Swan Reach from the Omeo District and not Lakes Entrance. From memory they are a similar standard to UMFL and play 16 a side.

Whilst I applaud Tumba for getting some senior experienced players from Wagga, I noticed that everyone on Bigfooty and from Tumba are talking themselves up big time. Whilst 6 or 7 new players makes a big difference, dont forget you boys were a country mile behind Cudgewa and Bullioh last year, and as far as I am aware those two 2 are only getting stronger. Good Luck to the Roos, but you might like to keep a lid on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the Dee's facebook page, they are playing Swan Reach from the Omeo District and not Lakes Entrance. From memory they are a similar standard to UMFL and play 16 a side.

Whilst I applaud Tumba for getting some senior experienced players from Wagga, I noticed that everyone on Bigfooty and from Tumba are talking themselves up big time. Whilst 6 or 7 new players makes a big difference, dont forget you boys were a country mile behind Cudgewa and Bullioh last year, and as far as I am aware those two 2 are only getting stronger. Good Luck to the Roos, but you might like to keep a lid on it.

Well, lets wait and see MP, if it ain't Tumba':Ds year then I will be buying you a beer or two at the GF!

Well, lets wait and see MP, if it ain't Tumba':Ds year then I will be buying you a beer or two at the GF!

Goodluck to Tumba with some recruits, Been told half of them are only reserve graders from the farrar league but out of the other half 3-4 of them will be handy in Tumba senior line up.
I don't think it will be enough for Tumba to be contenders?
If these boys are travelling from Wagga it will be a bloody long year by half way mark.
If anyone gets close to Bullioh along comes June and shopping spree will happen again..!!!!
My pick Bullioh v's Cudgewa grand final..
Blues2012

G
If anyone gets close to Bullioh along comes June and shopping spree will happen again..!!!!

I agree, how could you be proud of a club who has to do this to win!, lucky they don't have any supporters to tell them that its the wrong thing to do! Oh well more Pies for the Pie Eaters!!

I hope that any club who plays them in any game this year smashes them!:thumbsu:

how did corryong recruits go on the weekend,
I don't think Bullioh will be as strong as previous years losing Curran,
M. Nichol, Landy, S.Reid, and B.Nichol Mark Nichol and Hickey saying there not playing all of the games may hurt

how did corryong recruits go on the weekend,
I don't think Bullioh will be as strong as previous years losing Curran,
M. Nichol, Landy, S.Reid, and B.Nichol Mark Nichol and Hickey saying there not playing all of the games may hurt

:confused:Sdog
I see Curran has a clearance back to Bullioh and a few new recruits as well coming in so i cant see them dropping off.
All the Nichol boys and Co will be playing when it comes to the business time of the year I bet..
:footy:

How much will Cudgewa improve? Voight played well for Beechworth monday night and Jarvis went well for Rand last night, losing your 2 best players is always hard to cover, who else has left them? Seems as though them Tumba and Feds have just replaced what they have lost.
I think the ladder willbe the same as last year

How much will Cudgewa improve? Voight played well for Beechworth monday night and Jarvis went well for Rand last night, losing your 2 best players is always hard to cover, who else has left them? Seems as though them Tumba and Feds have just replaced what they have lost.
I think the ladder willbe the same as last year
Voight is playing for Beechworth with Cudgy's blessing along with one of their other players, word is the Blues aren't finished shopping with a couple more Jindera and Tallangatta league players on their shopping list. Good to see H. Tyrell and Ladgrove also get in the best for their teams, both will cop some flack for leaving but i'm sure they'll be better players for the step up in standard.:thumbsu:

Goodluck to Tumba with some recruits, Been told half of them are only reserve graders from the farrar league but out of the other half 3-4 of them will be handy in Tumba senior line up.
I don't think it will be enough for Tumba to be contenders?
If these boys are travelling from Wagga it will be a bloody long year by half way mark.
My pick Bullioh v's Cudgewa grand final..
Blues2012

Blues2012,
Your source isn't real realiable I wouldnt of thought, no doubt just another guess which seems pretty common on here, all of there recruits that I know of (about 9) have played first grade whether it be Farrer league, RFL, ACTAFL, AFL Sydney, Hume League and a few have played rep footy, If tumba arnt playing in the grand final ill give you my left nut.

Tumba v Bullioh is my prediction

Blues2012,
Your source isn't real realiable I wouldnt of thought, no doubt just another guess which seems pretty common on here, all of there recruits that I know of (about 9) have played first grade whether it be Farrer league, RFL, ACTAFL, AFL Sydney, Hume League and a few have played rep footy, If tumba arnt playing in the grand final ill give you my left nut.

Tumba v Bullioh is my prediction

:footy:Calv23?
I was told this other day too? Handy players not superstars though. Marc sheperd would be the pick of the crop. Good luck Tumba but keep your lefty mate....
Voighty played well for Beechworth looking fit

Been told half of them are only reserve graders from the farrar league but out of the other half 3-4 of them will be handy in Tumba senior line up.

And even if it was the case about the new Tumba recruits only playing in the Farrar Leauge reserves (which is B/S) the Farrar League is stronger than the UMFL. Kenny from Billabong Crows was a good buy as well.

Been told half of them are only reserve graders from the farrar league but out of the other half 3-4 of them will be handy in Tumba senior line up.

And even if it was the case about the new Tumba recruits only playing in the Farrar Leauge reserves (which is B/S) the Farrar League is stronger than the UMFL. Kenny from Billabong Crows was a good buy as well.

:footy:
D/R heard tonight that Feds recruit B.Mcevoy has pulled the pin and a few are going back to Mitta with him???? Interesting news if its true.
Time will tell about Tumba boys..
Blues2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back